Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 45 votes
      85%
    • Qled 8 votes
      15%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

They are all good and way better than the one you have now. They just hype up the newest models and stick a big price tag on them for the rich guys that have to have the best. This time next year the best tv right now will be old news and hundreds of dollars cheaper. Its all a game to squeeze money out of people is all it is.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Personally, I would avoid samsung. They use cheap components, which don't last very long. LG TVs seem to last a very long time.

Absolutely false. Samsung didn't get to be #1 by making shit TV’s. My upstairs Samsung is 7 years old today and it has been playing 16-18 hours a day for seven years now day in and day out and still looks awesome. I also have one that is two years old in the basement that is awesome.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

You spend over half your day watching TV?

No i spend all day and all nite working my ass off. Its just on from early in the morning until late at night being watched by other people or being used for background noise. I hardly ever watch TV.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

Samsung has plead guilty to price fixing and for that reason I have never purchased a Samsung since.

Thats fine but that was 14 years ago and it doesn't mean that their TV’s are full of garbage components. Im not saying Samsung is the best but they are far from garbage.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

They have different levels of quality built into the same exact TV.

I've heard that as well but I doubt that they are going to ruin their name by building junk black Friday TV's. My TV was a black Friday TV and like I said, 16-18 hours every single day for 7 years. If it blew up right now I couldn't be the least bit mad. Heck if it would have blew up a couple years ago I still would have been ok with it.

Now my Samsung clothes dryer is a different story. It had an issue after 3.5 years and I couldn't even get a part to fix it because they dont make the part anymore. It is also a common failure and there was no recall so I can say right now that I will NEVER buy another Samsung washer or dryer ever again. I do like their TV's though.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

My 12 year old Samsung plasma still has a great picture. The only downside is the heat it puts out.

They definitely put out some heat dont they? Kind of a good thing in the winter months but not so much in the summer months.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Who-Dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tv?tu=Who-Dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.