Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 45 votes
      85%
    • Qled 8 votes
      15%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 4 years ago

Dumped my entertainment center which locked me into a 55" TV for my home theater, sold my 55" LG OLED, and went with this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-85-class-led-x900f-series-2160p-smart-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-hdr/6179708.p?skuId=6179708

I absolutely love it. Greentoe has it down to $2600 I believe.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I'm also considering replacing our 65" Plasma partly because it burns tons of electric (around 470 watts for many hours a day) but also because I want a bigger screen mostly for gaming or watching Twitch. I'm only looking at 75" so OLED's are just too expensive at that size. I've narrowed it down to these:
    Samsung Q70 or Q80 75" QLED. Avoid the Q60 as they are still edge lit, the Q70 and Q80 each use local dimming array with the Q80 having a more extensive led array. Has low latency which is good for gaming. Around $2300 or so for the Q80.
    Vizio PX75-G1 75". Similar to above, led array and low latency, slightly cheaper around $2000.
    Sony 900F 75". Not as good input latency as the two above but also slightly cheaper around $1800.
    I don't care about the smart tv aspect as we always use NVidia Sheild's for all our tv and gaming needs, I still find they work so much faster that any built in tv smart setup. My main worry is image motion blur on LED tv's which still isn't as good as my 9 year old Plasma TV, since I both game and watching gaming on Twitch this is kinda important to me, perhaps not to you. But it's the main reason I haven't pulled the trigger. Ultimately If your budget can handle it OLED is still the way to go, they will still have better viewing angles, better blacks and better motion blur than even the Q80, etc.

I game extensively on my 85-900F and have zero latency issues with anything I play. It's used probably 60/40 movies/gaming.

#66 4 years ago

75" X900F for $1549 and 65" for $899

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/518282

Also have 65C9 and 55B9 for $1599 & $949

https://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/fp/518273

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Rip it apart and fix that. The first time you do it is just like soldering in a pinball machine the first time. It is scary. But they are just devices. Lay down a moving blanket on a table, lay it screen down on that, and start unscrewing.
    Now the reason I'm so caviler about it is that you will never be happy with the TV again like that. At that point, I consider it junk. So it will either end up being total junk, or you will fix it. Maybe a bit of two sided tape, and poof, no more hot spot where the light moved. And if you fix it, you will feel like a hero. It will be your favorite TV, because you will have done the repair.

This is usually my philosophy for everything. From all my cars, appliances, pins obviously, to the entire lot of closeout/inoperable stuff I bought from my last company when they were closing down their warehouse. When you get most things open, you tend to find that they aren't really all that complicated. I think the only thing that really gave me a hard time was my wife's finger nail curing lamp. Never got it fixed but it was still fun trying and seeing the inside of it. Got a dryer with a bad heating element, an dead plasma TV and a '76 Far Out I need to mess with at some point.

#101 4 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Checked cl, kijiji and fb for fun. Not much for used lg oleds, couple of 55” b6 , one with a dead pixel and one with a logo burn in. 300 and 800.

It's true though if you're patient. I sold my second gen LG OLED (whatever model that was, B6 maybe) on CL when I bought my 85" 900F.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jarbyjibbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tv?tu=Jarbyjibbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.