Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RWH
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 45 votes
      85%
    • Qled 8 votes
      15%

(53 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Absolutely false. Samsung didn't get to be #1 by making shit TV’s. My upstairs Samsung is 7 years old today and it has been playing 16-18 hours a day for seven years now day in and day out and still looks awesome. I also have one that is two years old in the basement that is awesome.

Actually that is false. They have different levels of quality built into the same exact TV. Do the research and you'll understand real quick. I swore by samsung for nearly a decade. TV's, refrigerators, washers, driers, etc. The last TV was crap (learned my first point the hard way), my last refrigerator was crap (just look up ice makers there) and our washer and dryer are crap.

Samsung used to be good.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

That's such garbage. I have all Samsung everything from my cell phone to my fridge. I've never had any issue with service. A few months ago they just came and replaced the entire LCD display in my fridge. No questions asked.
    LG is total junk, thankfully I bought extended warranty on the TV I bought. Paid $2200, used it for a year and a few days, got a full refund and got to keep it to boot. Still have it, it has a pink vertical line but hey its 65" and a perfect gaming TV now for free.

Samsung replaced it or the company that you bought it from did? Also assume under warranty too. My fridge has had the ice maker replaced 3 times, CPU twice, thermostat once and something else I cant recall. All under warranty. Ice maker went out 2 months outside of warranty when the ice maker was 6 months old. Told me I was SOL basically.

LG gave full refund on a year old TV and let you keep the TV? Damn, what else did they need to do to provide good service for you?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Our washer/dryer are great. Dishwasher is fantastic, gas range great, microwave and double oven amazing, fridge, the coolest thing ever, all 6 TV's fantastic. Cell phone is smashed into pieces and still works. I wouldn't hesitate to buy more products and I can control them all from my phone. Even the range which is really odd..

Lucky you. Our washer self destructed when washing a blanket as it was designed for. They got class action sued. I paid 1500 for it and got 200 from the judgment. Before that, you guessed it, SOL.

Ice maker - https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/samsung-refrigerator-class-action-enters-mediation/

Yeah, a company that needs a class action to service known defective issues is one I'd recommend.... Your just lucky if there cut backs haven't hit your products. Maybe in CA the consumer laws are helping. In the US, just crap now.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Build a $2200 tv that lasts longer than 370 days.
    As for repairs, yes, the company I bought it from did, though it was with Samsung involved, as they called me before and after the repair to ask if I was happy.

They gave you your money back after a year and let you keep the TV. That is by definition good service. Bad service is doing nothing. Understand the difference?

Any company can have a bad product. What they do when it fails describes them.

Here a riddle. You say Samsung is great and LG isnt because a product failed for LG. So, didn't your LCD fail in your fridge? Why the hypococy? Shouldn't by your logic Samsung fair the same judgment as LG? Both had failures. One company fixed it (under warranty), the other just gave you the product for free.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 85vett.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tv?tu=85vett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.