10 days ago

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by jandrea95
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“New tv”

• Oled 38 votes
      83%
    • Qled 8 votes
      17%

(46 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9BA39C26-7AFF-4441-AA0F-583BD17FFA65 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 days ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Checked cl, kijiji and fb for fun. Not much for used lg oleds, couple of 55” b6 , one with a dead pixel and one with a logo burn in. 300 and 800.

It's true though if you're patient. I sold my second gen LG OLED (whatever model that was, B6 maybe) on CL when I bought my 85" 900F.

#102 5 days ago

Keep checking...one will pop up sooner rather than later. Definetly the cheapest/best way to get one. Love the 65". No doubt it is a better picture than the qled though.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Checked cl, kijiji and fb for fun. Not much for used lg oleds, couple of 55” b6 , one with a dead pixel and one with a logo burn in. 300 and 800.

#103 5 days ago

For anyone else that was screwed over by Samsung's refusal to confess manufacturing defect on the french-door fridge ice makers, I just found a private Facebook thread for owners with a bunch of accounts of people that have forced Samsung to make repairs (which probably won't work) and ultimately issue full refunds. (Also interesting stories about the shady-ass company Samsung hired to field warranty/repair calls for them, not something I'd expect an A-list company to do).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1520337151601316/

I filed an e-complaint with the NJ BBB today to get the ball rolling. Glad the OP started this thread, otherwise I'd just have soldiered along defrosting my bust-ass icemaker every couple of weeks and hoping for a class action settlement.

#104 5 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

For anyone else that was screwed over by Samsung's refusal to confess manufacturing defect on the french-door fridge ice makers, I just found a private Facebook thread for owners with a bunch of accounts of people that have forced Samsung to make repairs (which probably won't work) and ultimately issue full refunds. (Also interesting stories about the shady-ass company Samsung hired to field warranty/repair calls for them, not something I'd expect an A-list company to do).
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1520337151601316/
    I filed an e-complaint with the NJ BBB today to get the ball rolling. Glad the OP started this thread, otherwise I'd just have soldiered along defrosting my bust-ass icemaker every couple of weeks and hoping for a class action settlement.

THANK YOU for posting this. I just took the heat gun to mine last night to defrost that stupid designed ice maker. I’m, about ready to do a Todd Tucky and throw the damm thing off my roof.
    I want to remain positive about Samsung because I have had good luck with there televisions , phones and washer and dryers BUT the more I hear how they are talking care of us refrigerator owners, it’s hard to give them any integrity.

#105 5 days ago

I recently purchased a French door Samsung and had it less the 4 months and the compressor went out on it. They did replace the compressor but it has left me feeling very uneasy about my purchase. I bought a Samsung refrigerator, stove, and dish washer because I thought at the time I was buying one of the best reliable appliances available, so it did disappoint me.

#106 5 days ago

For those claiming it isnt even a debate because "OLED iZ SupEriUr" obviously havent seen a high end qled, Q9 for example. They have come a LONG way. The true blacks on a Q9 are very close to oled and you never need to worry about burn in. Comparing a low end qled to a high end qled is not even close, and unfair in terms of comparing qled to oled.

#107 5 days ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

For those claiming it isnt even a debate because "OLED iZ SupEriUr" obviously havent seen a high end qled, Q9 for example. They have come a LONG way. The true blacks on a Q9 are very close to oled and you never need to worry about burn in. Comparing a low end qled to a high end qled is not even close, and unfair in terms of comparing qled to oled.

I don't worry about burn-in with my OLED. If I were buying a TV for a static display of the same image for days on end maybe I'd be concerned, but I just watch and play stuff on mine so this is a non-factor.

I agree that if you're debating which technology is better it makes sense to compare the best to the best. I think most of the "which is better" articles do that, and generally come to the conclusion that on picture quality alone, QLED is very good and OLED is even better. There's nothing wrong with very good, but if you've got the scratch, why not get better? Of course if you want to save cash or watch in a brightly lit room (where you wouldn't perceive light leakage in dark scenes anyway and would benefit from the QLED's higher brightness capacity) QLED might be the way to go.

#108 5 days ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I don't worry about burn-in with my OLED. If I were buying a TV for a static display of the same image for days on end maybe I'd be concerned, but I just watch and play stuff on mine so this is a non-factor.
    I agree that if you're debating which technology is better it makes sense to compare the best to the best. I think most of the "which is better" articles do that, and generally come to the conclusion that on picture quality alone, QLED is very good and OLED is even better. There's nothing wrong with very good, but if you've got the scratch, why not get better? Of course if you want to save cash or watch in a brightly lit room (where you wouldn't perceive light leakage in dark scenes anyway and would benefit from the QLED's higher brightness capacity) QLED might be the way to go.

Well said. My only point was that it isnt accurate for people to state its a night and day difference, when the high end qleds are very close to oled. My tipping point wasnt money, but rather the fact oled COULD burn in. Im a weirdo with that kind of stuff and know it would drive me bonkers if it did happen. Like you, it isnt like im setting there with a static image, but im just paranoid about that kind of thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Ghostbusters Pro Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 8.95
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside