Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DanQverymuch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0216130048.jpg
lotr_post.jpg
IMG_5336.JPG
IMG_5335.JPG
IMG_5334.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG
Untitled.jpg
Tron_swap_of_trim_012.JPG
Tron_swap_of_trim_009.JPG
Tron_swap_of_trim_017.JPG
Tron_swap_of_trim_016.JPG

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Is there an update coming for Tron sometime?

I played the Tron back at expo and some of the animations looked different than my updated LE. Specifically I noticed when you went into Flynn's and got the random award the icons were different. Thought it might be an updated version. Anyone know?

#2 6 years ago

I believe its 1.72 at expo...just going off pics.
I expect they will update with the Feb release of tron 2d.

#3 6 years ago

I hope you're right Hooked I get my Tron Feb 1st.

#4 6 years ago

Maybe it will be a V-day update for us Pinheads.

#5 6 years ago

Two Tron code updates needed . . . fix the extra ball (make it work) and give a ball save for a few seconds after making the GEM shot . . . nothing (and I mean nothing) in pinball gets me angrier than hitting a GEM shot and then getting STDM drain (doesn't happen often, but it happens enough to where they need to set a ball save...which is easy to do).

If they REALLY wanted to do a big code update they could do a long sought after video mode for those of us that love video modes in pinball machines (and for everyone who is about to jump on here and scream they hate video modes, make it to where it can be shut off for those guys).

#6 6 years ago

I've never had a ball go STDM after the GEM shot on mine. If anything, I'd hope you could turn it off if it was put in the code because that seems too easy.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

I've never had a ball go STDM after the GEM shot on mine. If anything, I'd hope you could turn it off if it was put in the code because that seems too easy.

Hmm, I'm not the only one who has complained about the SDTM drain after hitting GEM. The spin on the ball is what causes it and it can be nudged to guard against at the risk of a tilt. You are the first person who has indicated they have never had this occur. I would say it happens once out of every five games for me.

#8 6 years ago

It's 50, 50 SDTM every time I hit Gem.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Yikes! That is the worst I have heard by far. They really need the ball save feature added in. Would be such a simple fix.

#10 6 years ago

I swear....I thought it was just me!!! I am new...and do kind of suck.... However...

#11 6 years ago

I would say it happens to me close to half the time. It's such a piss of to nail that combo, and sdtm. Even if you tilt the machine you can't save it. Ball save after gem and the extra ball and it's good to go IMO.

#12 6 years ago

Crazy. I've never had any STDM off the gem shot on my LE.

#13 6 years ago

Oh the advantages of an LE....I knew I should have bought that damn machine NIB!!! LOL

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Oh the advantages of an LE....I knew I should have bought that damn machine NIB!!! LOL

Nah, I'm an LE owner too...still get the SDTM GEM drains.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Thats just about how my pro plays for me and it just pisses me off

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Thats just about how my pro plays for me and it just pisses me off

I hit the shot...I'm all...YES!!!!! Then......DRAIN. It's like I'm being punished for doing well!!! Damn you GEM!!!

#17 6 years ago

Nope that doesn't happen on mine either (PRO). I think its a pitch thing if some of us have STDM off GEM and others don't. Mine is front levelers all the way down and back levels 2 fingers high. I don't know the pitch but it feels right to me.

Quoted from Putmick_J:

#18 6 years ago

The pitch on mine is 6.7 and I get them about 30% of the time. Grrrr. Me need Gem to love me long time.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

The pitch on mine is 6.7 and I get them about 30% of the time. Grrrr. Me need Gem to love me long time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

#20 6 years ago

my GEM STDM is about 20% of every GEM shot.
but has the ball comes slower, it is kinda easy to make a big nudge to save a ball. so always save a warning for that hehehehe

that ball saver would be sweet, but what would be really cool is make the extra ball feature work or something.
it is ridiculous to have an insert just hanging there and not doing much sense.

#21 6 years ago

its more in relation to the outer right orbit ball return angle than just that shot. i've had people (myself included) get like 2-3 drains down the middle after ball saves..i just laugh.

#22 6 years ago

its more in relation to the outer right orbit ball return angle than just that shot. i've had people (myself included) get like 2-3 drains down the middle after ball saves..i just laugh.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

2-3 drains down the middle

2-3 drains, or posts?

#25 6 years ago

I think pinside is running slow...or maybe windows 8 can suck it. apologize apologize

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I think pinside is running slow...or maybe windows 8 can suck it. apologize apologize

I'm just Joshin' ya!! LOL

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Crazy. I've never had any STDM off the gem shot on my LE.

Then you are the luckiest SOB ever!

#28 6 years ago

Alright, well, at least on this site there is cleary enough support for a fix of the GEM SDTM nightmare, as well as making the extra ball insert useful.

Hey, you could fix both at the same time, have the code update be if you get a SDTM drain after hitting GEM you light the extra ball!!!! That would be how they would update the code on my XMen machine anyway. LOL

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Putmick_J:

I agree never had a SDTM

#30 6 years ago

I have had many a GEM shot go SDTM.

#31 6 years ago

well, so much datas are involved of course... on mine, same as few others, if the shot is a perfect rebound on left targets (what i aim the most), than its 50% to get the ball back right in the middle

#32 6 years ago

Dont you people nudge your machines? All is needed after GEM is a slight nudge as the ball enters the outer loop. No big deal whatsoever.

#33 6 years ago

Nope GEM is a good girl! No SDTM here either.

#34 6 years ago

I've never had it happen.

#35 6 years ago

I get SDTM all the time from Gem. Every time I hit Gem it's automatic for me to nudge instantly.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I believe its 1.72 at expo...just going off pics.
I expect they will update with the Feb release of tron 2d.

Actual version is 1.4 on LE and 1.7 on Pro

#37 6 years ago

I nudge my machine as soon as I make Gem, knowing there is a strong chance of a SDTM. I will also get SDTM on occasion when I make the left orbit. Sometimes it comes out of the orbit, thru the pops, and doesn't touch anything and ends up sdtm. My game is set to 6.5 deg, and is perfectly level, all set with a digital level. I would love to believe it has something to do with set up.

Those of you who have never had it happen, what are you games set to for pitch?

There is nothing I find more frustrating than making the quara/gem combo when you need to, and having it end up sdtm!

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from EricPinball:

Actual version is 1.4 on LE and 1.7 on Pro

Hooked was referring to the unreleased version that was on the Tron Pro machine at Expo last October. It was slightly updated and was 1.71 or 1.72.

#40 6 years ago

No Gem SDTMs here either. (LE)

#41 6 years ago

My LE has only had two SDTM's due to Gem shot. Other 998 were ok. Of course that's actually MAKING the gem shot out of 10 billion games. :p

Rick. "I'm gonna have me some fun." #190

#42 6 years ago

I updated my tron today....oh not the code

Tron_swap_of_trim_016.JPG Tron_swap_of_trim_017.JPG

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

That blue looks sharp!

Did you do it yourself or did you have it done?

Marcus

#44 6 years ago

12 wheels??? uuuuh baller status.

#45 6 years ago

Major issues with Gem (and orbit) SDTM here as well. I've tried pushing the ball guide as far right as possible so that more of the post sticks out past the guide surface, trying to get a kick left into the lower left pop bumper. It helps a little, but it's still one of my most common drains. Getting punished for hitting a difficult shot is NOT cool.

An optional ball saver, (default it to off, I don't care) would be a welcome addition. You guys lucky enough to have more gentle machines won't even know the difference.

#46 6 years ago

12 wheels??? uuuuh baller status.

And zero tilts

I had raw trim from PBL shot at my body shop.
It has a metalic flake in it but very hard to see in pics.
Here is a shot but the flash makes it look lighter than it is in person.

Tron_swap_of_trim_009.JPG Tron_swap_of_trim_012.JPG

#47 6 years ago

looks better than chrome imo, I love the ball plunger housing. congrats on a great machine. don't sell it!

#48 6 years ago

I do hope that update happens with the next batch, I was bummed when it didn't at Christmas.

I recall that Lyman had a list of ideas "as long as his arm" so it's gonna be sweet!

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

That blue looks awesome! Nice touch and fits the machine perfectly.

#50 6 years ago

Put a blue led in the start button

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside