Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-LE-1-74-README.TXT
TRN_LE_1-4_E-readme.txt
Tron_Update.jpg
IMG_1476_2.JPG
gary.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago

HOLY SH*T IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Sweet mother!

#23 11 years ago

4) Disc multiball can be restarted if the super jackpot has not been
collected (via adjustment, default: ON, 10 seconds).

This is going to help me a *lot* in terms of being able to get to Portal!

#141 11 years ago

I definitely think that this update will make it a bit easier to get to Portal.

#154 11 years ago

Interesting to note that this Tron LE update is less than 25 MB, while the most recent AC/DC update (1.63) was about 70 MB's.

#159 11 years ago

There's a "Directors Cut" that can be installed now. Don't remember if that was there before?

#164 11 years ago

New attract sounds when you hit a flipper button too.

#169 11 years ago

I've always had that stupid post disabled. Game has better flow that way too.

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'll admit the first thing I did when I saw this thread was scan through to ensure that there was no new video mode. Thank god.

I agree. I wish I could turn them off in almost every case, and for the most part games that have video modes instantly appear on my "never care to own" list. I have enough consoles that can do something way better. I like the JP fire the ball into play one, and can sort of tolerate the BSD one and the pound the heck out of the flipper ones popular on Sega titles (VND, SP come to mind). Beyond those, ugh.

lol

So you will never own tons of the best rated pins ever!

No MM for you! No AFM. No CV. No STTNG.

I understand some people not caring for video modes on a pin, but there is also taking it too far and depriving yourself of having/playing some of the best pins ever made.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#225 11 years ago

I, for one, *much* prefer the new Disc Multi-ball rules! It adds a lot more strategy to how this mode can be played, and you can build up more points with the new code. Love the restart, and the countdown timer to restart it is cool too.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Is there really any new animations? (Besides the random scoop award faces) I can tell most here don't realize the light cycle multiball start animation was always there, it's just you only saw it if light cycle mb was the only thing available on the scoop when collected.

Correct. I have not noticed a single new animation. The icons from the arcade scoop are different though (obviously).

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you like them, great. But then why not buy an Atari 2600 and play those games. They are more complex and better too.

Uh...because Atari 2600 isn't a pinball machine?

Did I say that I prefer video games over pinball? Did I even imply that? Nope. Your statement that I should just buy an Atari 2600 makes you lose credibility.

Thanks for your opinion though.

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I always have said that I'm wacky

Then there's nothing more to discuss, as it all makes perfect sense now.

#269 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I need to spend a lot more time on Tron to really determine what is going on. Can someone tell me what is a good strategy to use when playing this one?

Complete the modes and stuff.

#279 11 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

Has anyone had some sporadic issues after the update? Sometimes after completing ZUSE the game behaves as if I had drained, going dark and deactivating the flippers. Wondering if it's just me (checked switches and everything seems fine).

Are you sure it's only after completing ZUSE?

It sounds like the notorious ball trough issue. Check all of the connectors going to the trough.

#308 11 years ago

Yeah, I've got the hourglass award when I'm not in a mode too. Weird.

2 weeks later
#368 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ya. I just use a dab of rubbing alcohol on a rag myself. You'll be AMAZED at how much it will sling the ball around after you clean it.
And, I feel like I am the only one that the game DID NOT get easier for. It is still a fun, tough, challenging game.

Same here! NimblePin said the same thing.

Some are making it sound like this new code has made Tron substantially easier but that's not the case.

#372 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well before the update I only got to Portal once and after the update already like 4 to 5 times out lanes stock and pitched at 6.5. Perhaps I simply got more used to the pin and that was why this happened but most likely a combination of both that and the code.
Having the extra ball enabled for the Pro which is not too hard to attain when having a good game and the 10 seconds to restart disc multiball are what makes Portal more attainable IMO. Extra ball was a big game changer.

Yes, the extra ball would be a big help for sure. Difference is that with the LE I was already able to get an extra ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-code?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.