Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-LE-1-74-README.TXT
TRN_LE_1-4_E-readme.txt
Tron_Update.jpg
IMG_1476_2.JPG
gary.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

Wow! This is quite an impressive update, especially for a game that came out two years ago. Further proof that Lyman is the man!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Indeed, but the new run is coming, so it's not a "dead" machine quite yet. There's still interest in keeping its code as polished as possible while they're looking to sell more.

True, it's still a current game, but that's not why this code update was released. Tron was already one of the most popular games Stern ever made, and they would have had no problem selling every game they could pump out, even with the old code. No, this new code exists for one reason, and one reason only. Lyman is a perfectionist with an amazing work ethic. The best move Stern ever made was hiring him back.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Is this for the LE?

New code for both the LE and the pro. Happy B-day!

#46 11 years ago

In my opinion, the new extra ball code just made every pro worth $200 more. And no, I'm not kidding.

#55 11 years ago

I guess I picked the wrong month to sell my Avatar. Oh well, at least I traded it towards a Tron LE.

#65 11 years ago

Interesting. I just updated my LE. Before I did so, I checked, and I was actually running version 1.4 of the software. How old is that? I don't even see it in the changelog.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

TRON LE 1.4 Code was released in November 2011.

Wow! I was running some really old code. I just falsely assumed that the previous owner had updated it to the latest version ... thanks CG! I haven't had a chance to play the game yet with the new code, but I'm probably going to be shocked by how different it is.

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

- The fact that you don't have to hold the left flipper button down to drop the post on ball launch anymore!

Quoted from Rarehero:

I just turn them off in the settings. If you do - the upper flipper/right ramp becomes a skill shot. It glows teal when the ball is in the shooter lane to let you know. This won't happen if the post is enabled. Disable it - get more flow, a cool ramp effect, and an extra skill shot!

Even with the post disabled, don't you still have to hold down the flipper to be awarded the skill shot?

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think they were trying to hit the middle ground between giving the pro owners an extra ball and not ticking off the LE owners, but let's face it...

You may be right, but I don't think a single LE owner would have cared if they gave the pro the exact same rules for earning an extra ball. Spelling "DAFT" and "PUNK" to earn an extra ball is cool, and it should be on every version of the game.

#223 11 years ago

I played about five games with the new code last night. It's definitely easier now, at least in terms of getting to Portal. Still not sure how I feel about the new disc multiball rules, although I love the restart. As the main multiball in the game, this was a welcome addition to the code. Overall, it's a terrific update. My hat's off to Lyman!

#272 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Can someone tell me what is a good strategy to use when playing this one? The times that I have played one so far, I haven't felt like I got a really good grip on what to do yet.

Master the Quorra/Gem combo. The rest will fall into place.

#309 11 years ago

I was confused by this as well. I think the hourglass coming up when no mode is running is definitely a bug.

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Maybe double scoring or super pop bumpers are active?

I was just thinking the same thing. I'll have to check it out later.

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think it would be have been more challenging to incorporate both ramps to get the extra ball, like 5 hits at each ramp? That wouldn't be so redundant.

This is how it is on the LE. As I mentioned earlier, I think Lyman should have done it the same way on the pro.

#332 11 years ago

Stupid question, but how do you increase and then collect the EOL jackpot? Despite having reached Portal a couple times, I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-code?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.