Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-LE-1-74-README.TXT
TRN_LE_1-4_E-readme.txt
Tron_Update.jpg
IMG_1476_2.JPG
gary.jpg
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 11 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

I think I might bump the EB award up a bit, maybe 16 or 20

Just turn off the EB. Earning one via ramps should be enough.

#302 11 years ago

Hello Tronians,

Quoted from Mateui:

Has anyone had some sporadic issues after the update? Sometimes after completing ZUSE the game behaves as if I had drained, going dark and deactivating the flippers. Wondering if it's just me (checked switches and everything seems fine).

Yes, I have the same strange problems since the update to 1.74LE.

The game stops suddenly like the ball is out. Then nothing happens. The machine start ballsearches again and again. After a while I opened the coindoor and pull manualy a new ball to the shooterlane. Play about 30 sec. and suddenly the machine give me a second ball to play (no MB is running). After draining, the next player become from the beginning 2 balls in the shooterlane.

This abnormaly started by a game with 2 players. Then it happened to every game.

At the Servicemode "trough test" all switches are full functionally (even, when I shake the body, like a real gameplay).

This abnormaly is new with the software 1.74, 500 gameplays with 1.40 it was NEVER happened!

After a full reset and loading the factory settings the error don´t come again.

Something does not seem as flawless with the 1.74 version.

Hopefully Lyman find this tricky faulty!

#303 11 years ago

Played an amazing game over 30M with out even trying. Plays different to me.
And there's a new animation for when you get Light Cycles.

Overall, great update (3 plays though.) I think the sound signal for Quorra is
a shame. That's a real cool sound.

#304 11 years ago

Still says, "it was impressive" when you DON'T complete CLU. Thought for sure that would get changed. Otherwise seems great.

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

i say all of us that voted rated Tron here on Pinside go back and re-rate the game, cuzz with the new code the current 19# spot is a little underrated. this is a top 10 pin ever for sure!

+1

#306 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Still says, "it was impressive" when you DON'T complete CLU. Thought for sure that would get changed. Otherwise seems great.

The actual quote was "It was impressive, really." I don't know if you've seen the movie, but it makes total sense for it to play when you FAIL the mode, because it's referring to Clu taking over the grid and the speed with which he assimilated everything.

#307 11 years ago

Two things I sorely miss after this update:

- Quorra spinner sound (the gurgling spinner sound is not nearly as satisfying)
- Flynn found sound (gone completely. What were they thinking?!)

Also, does anyone understand what the hourglass award actually does? I assumed it would add time to the current mode but I've received it during normal play when I wasn't running any modes and it didn't seem to do anything. And the light cycle one doesn't seem to do anything either. I thought it would award you one of the light cycle shots but it didn't so I have no idea what it's supposed to do. Anyone know?

#308 11 years ago

Yeah, I've got the hourglass award when I'm not in a mode too. Weird.

#309 11 years ago

I was confused by this as well. I think the hourglass coming up when no mode is running is definitely a bug.

#310 11 years ago
Quoted from Mateui:

Also, does anyone understand what the hourglass award actually does?

Hourglass gives more time for any timer currently running. But getting it during no mode is weird....

#311 11 years ago
Quoted from PwninShiznat:

Hourglass gives more time for any timer currently running. But getting it during no mode is weird....

Maybe double scoring or super pop bumpers are active?

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I was just thinking the same thing. I'll have to check it out later.

#313 11 years ago
Quoted from jedimojo:

Perhaps I've missed it somewhere, but I'm assuming that you're supposed to un-zip the bin file before you install it.
I'm wondering if 'TheBaron' did this before trying to update his?

Ha! Yeah, I did. I know the first reaction is that it's user error, and 9 times out of 10 it is...but I'm actually really good with computers and hardware. I've also updated Stern games before and know how to do it. I'm a smart dude — I promise!
Anyway, it's looking like my boot ROM is bad. Kind of strange and I've never heard of this happening, but it's really the only conclusion that makes sense. I'm getting in touch with Stern Tech Support and hoping for the best. I'm sure they will tell me my game is out of warranty, so if they don't help me I will most likely be hitting up one of you guys with a ROM burner.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from TheBaron:

Ha! Yeah, I did. I know the first reaction is that it's user error, and 9 times out of 10 it is...but I'm actually really good with computers and hardware. I've also updated Stern games before and know how to do it. I'm a smart dude — I promise!
Anyway, it's looking like my boot ROM is bad. Kind of strange and I've never heard of this happening, but it's really the only conclusion that makes sense. I'm getting in touch with Stern Tech Support and hoping for the best. I'm sure they will tell me my game is out of warranty, so if they don't help me I will most likely be hitting up one of you guys with a ROM burner.

I'd be shocked if Stern doesn't help you out.

My experience with Stern Support has always been positive.

Keep us updated!

Marcus

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Yeah, those do apply for the time extension. If those are going that's probably it.

#316 11 years ago

I am loving this update on my PRO, however one of the features I think could have been done better - the extra ball.

Now don't get me wrong, I am so thrilled that we can actually earn an extra ball, but it seems like work to hit the left ramp, hit the left ramp, hit the left ramp. I can set the extra ball to 20 hits and still get an extra ball if I try hard enough.

I think it would be have been more challenging to incorporate both ramps to get the extra ball, like 5 hits at each ramp? That wouldn't be so redundant.

I really hope Lyman considers this if he decides to do just one more update.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I am loving this update on my PRO, however one of the features I think could have been done better - the extra ball.
Now don't get me wrong, I am so thrilled that we can actually earn an extra ball, but it seems like work to hit the left ramp, hit the left ramp, hit the left ramp. I can set the extra ball to 20 hits and still get an extra ball if I try hard enough.
I think it would be have been more challenging to incorporate both ramps to get the extra ball, like 5 hits at each ramp? That wouldn't be so redundant.
I really hope Lyman considers this if he decides to do just one more update.

Both ramps are included, but not required. Are you thinking it would be better if both were required rather than either?

#318 11 years ago

This is how it is on the LE. As I mentioned earlier, I think Lyman should have done it the same way on the pro.

#319 11 years ago

I have gotten the same on the first plunge with no modes active. Certainly a bug.

Quoted from gweempose:

I was confused by this as well. I think the hourglass coming up when no mode is running is definitely a bug.

#320 11 years ago

Gem shot usually drains down the center quite a bit.... I have tripple checked my level and it is good.

Quoted from gweempose:

Master the Quorra/Gem combo. The rest will fall into place.

#321 11 years ago

Yes, I think it would have been better if both ramps had a number required. You can drill away at that left ramp for the number of hits required and get the extra ball. Its much more difficult to hit the right ramp than the left one.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Both ramps are included, but not required. Are you thinking it would be better if both were required rather than either?

#322 11 years ago

I can set the extra ball to 20 hits and still get an extra ball if I try hard enough.

In LOTR you have to hit the back tower 7 or 9 times to get an extra ball. Its not a main focus but you definitely want to collect it on the way. I set my extra ball the same way. Not to high where it will take focus off the way I play and not to low that anyone can get it. Find that happy medium! For me its hitting the ramp 7 times in a row, fun quick and lets me get back to the main focus of getting to portal. I try to hit it all in a row and makes it very rewarding when done.

I look at it this way. This update is great and on my first game I got to portal for the 2nd time ever. I did not come close to completing it as of yet but it was very exciting to get to play it a bit. I did have a great game and have not made it back to portal since. I have played about 10 games so far and overall and its fantastic! Sure it could always be tweaked a bit and another wizard mode would be very welcome IMHO (well over a stupid video mode). Tron as it stands is a very finished game with polished code and will always remain one of the greatest pins that Stern has ever made. If we do see any future updates im sure it will only be a bug fix here and there.

#323 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The actual quote was "It was impressive, really." I don't know if you've seen the movie, but it makes total sense for it to play when you FAIL the mode, because it's referring to Clu taking over the grid and the speed with which he assimilated everything.

Ok... but, then it plays that same quote when you complete the mode. In fact, it plays that quote no matter how you complete the mode... zero or all four. So, it does not make sense.

#324 11 years ago

Can someone please tell me what the sequence is to backing up my current code before I add the new code? THANKS

#325 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Ok... but, then it plays that same quote when you complete the mode. In fact, it plays that quote no matter how you complete the mode... zero or all four. So, it does not make sense.

Okay, it's telling a story, not necessarily responding to how you perform. I don't particularly have a problem with that, but I get your point.

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

Can someone please tell me what the sequence is to backing up my current code before I add the new code? THANKS

You just go to "Utilities" and then "USB" and there's a "BKUP" icon. Stick in USB stick and start it, no DIP switch stuff necessary for this.

#327 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You just go to "Utilities" and then "USB" and there's a "BKUP" icon. Stick in USB stick and start it, no DIP switch stuff necessary for this.

THANK YOU!

#328 11 years ago

Anyone notice the different music cue played during the 10 second count down to restart a failed Disc Multiball? I don't believe that is played anywhere else in the game.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Anyone notice the different music cue played during the 10 second count down to restart a failed Disc Multiball? I don't believe that is played anywhere else in the game.

Ya! It sounds awesome and counts down really fast. Get's my heart pumpin'!

P.S. As far as its "origin" I believe I saw someone else mention that its an earlier part in one of the songs that is already the game, you just don't normally hear that part of it.

#330 11 years ago

Anybody know if there were any changes made to EOL jackpot values? I didn't see it in the readme file so I guess not . I was told my concern was forwarded onto Lyman so I'm surprised he didn't change it to reset after being collected each time (similar to the cannon shot in AC/DC). Oh well, I tried!

Note: End-Of-Line can grow larger than just about any other super jackpot in the game as long as you don't drain, just keep going for EOL + double scoring can get up to 10,000,000 per shot/combo! This also stays active during Multiballs and is worth much more than going for the super jackpot which is like only 1,000,000 or peanuts. Bowen originally called this "unbalanced" but I think he took it back because he likes having options or something.

#331 11 years ago

The 10 second countdown is easily the best part of the update. Really gets your heart racing when you're down to the last second and manage to hit the disc to restart your multiball.

#332 11 years ago

Stupid question, but how do you increase and then collect the EOL jackpot? Despite having reached Portal a couple times, I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to this game.

#333 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

how do you increase and then collect the EOL jackpot?

Combos increase the jackpot and ending a combo with an arcade scoop collects it.

#334 11 years ago

<<Combos increase the jackpot and ending a combo with an arcade scoop collects it.>>

Yes, hitting any combos builds it up. At least it sounds like there is a new font or something on the DMD when EOL is collected.

I've joked before that the game should actually yell something like, "suppperrr jackpott!!" given how many points it's worth, lol. Instead it's just a very subtle quiet text that you probably won't even see or notice ("End of Line Jackpot 2,400,000 have a nice day, please drive through").

#335 11 years ago
Quoted from NashBridgezz:

<<Combos increase the jackpot and ending a combo with an arcade scoop collects it.>>
Yes, hitting any combos builds it up. At least it sounds like there is a new font or something on the DMD when EOL is collected.
I've joked before that the game should actually yell something like, "suppperrr jackpott!!" given how many points it's worth, lol. Instead it's just a very subtle quiet text that you probably won't even see or notice ("End of Line Jackpot 2,400,000 have a nice day, please drive through").

I think it deserves a little sound of some sort, doesn't have to be speech. Just something cool and subtle. Just a light effect perhaps? Maybe in another update. The new graphics make it a little more exciting at least.

#336 11 years ago

High scores can be changed to 10 Characters now which is cool. I dont remember seeing this before.

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

High scores can be changed to 10 Characters now which is cool. I dont remember seeing this before.

Was always there

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Stupid question, but how do you increase and then collect the EOL jackpot? Despite having reached Portal a couple times, I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to this game.

the jackpot grows with ramp combo
and to collect, just right ramp, and direct in the scoop from the left flipper (timing is precise, no chance for a missed shot)
than, to play that : aim quorra with right flipper, than RR with upper flipper, and than the scoop with left flipper, and so on while jackpot grows

btw, since the new code, 3 "portal" reached, and still none finished !!! grrrrrrrrrrrr

#339 11 years ago

and 2 more "portal", same story...

for sure, and we all agree, the pin is now easier with no doubt

#340 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Music sounds like its track #4 "Recognizer" from the Tron Legacy Soundtrack CD. Awesome soundtrack CD by Daft Punk. Wish they would do more soundtracks. The latest Resident Evil movie used on on the Tron tracks for one of its earlier teaser trailers.

#341 11 years ago

Couple of new things I have noticed that haven't been mentioned.
- when completing CLU, I here it call out an ominous echoing "Ccccllllluuuuuu". I've never herd this before or never noticed it before.

- also I'm noticing an award icon at the arcade scoop that I haven't been awarded and I have no idea what it is. I simply looks like two vertical lines on the right side of the square icon frame. Any ideas?

#342 11 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Couple of new things I have noticed that haven't been mentioned.
- when completing CLU, I here it call out an ominous echoing "Ccccllllluuuuuu". I've never herd this before or never noticed it before.

Yes! I just noticed this as well. It says it the moment you complete CLU mode... it still then says "That was impressive, man" afterwards.

#343 11 years ago

I think the cluuuu sound was there before? It happens when you complete clu via the inlanes.

#344 11 years ago

I just up-graded my Tron to Version 1.74. When multi-ball is about to be initiated, and during the run, there is an irritating "grinding buzz" audible. Is this a light cycle on the sound card, or is there something wrong with my up-graded speaker system. If something is not grounded, or there is a short/interference, wouldn't the "grinding buzz" be audible throughout the game?

#345 11 years ago

full game on the 1.74 code:

#346 11 years ago

(quite) full game

you're a showman, i like the "lets left 1 ball drain at 15'25" to than aim for PORTAL

nice game Hassan !

#347 11 years ago

So now that it's been out for a couple weeks, what do all you owners/players think about the new code? (Beyond the obvious that it is easier)

Any interesting gameplay nuances of note that you're discovering? Altered strategies for either progressing to wizard mode or high scoring?

Just how many points can you now rack up on Disc MB?

#348 11 years ago

I have not installed the new code. Can't believe I find myself saying that.

I was all over this when I heard new Tron code was released back around Valentine's day. I was sure that I'd be upgrading my Tron Pro later than weekend.... but I've since taken a wait and see approach. And I'm still waiting.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that we can earn an extra ball (finally!), hear more sounds, see new dots/the long version to Quorra & Lightcycle, got fixes for some VUK award sequencing and so on.... but this game seems significantly easier, and that has taken the shine off of the gameplay for me. I like the challenge of getting to portal, the way disc multiball works, how Clu is earned in SOS. This is what made this game so elegant.

All the changes that make these things easier are not sitting well with me, especially being able to the advance to the next SOS step. Because Tron was pretty much a complete game already, I may never upgrade the code.

#349 11 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

but this game seems significantly easier, and that has taken the shine off of the gameplay for me.

i understand your point.
i do not agree because i think the gameplay was hard, but ridiculously hard. you had guys with 500 plays, owning the game for 10 months and never having reached portal. this is insane... and this shows that the difficulty of the game is not balanced.
now you will get there more often so i think the game is more balanced. finishing portal still seems impossible to me lol

Quoted from RipleYYY:

(quite) full game

you're a showman, i like the "lets left 1 ball drain at 15'25" to than aim for PORTAL

nice game Hassan !

thnks!!
i let the ball drain cuzz i was on double scoring and wanted the 100 million... but then i realized i was not going to have the 100 million lol bad call
and also it was getting boring hahahahahah

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

but this game seems significantly easier, and that has taken the shine off of the gameplay for me. I like the challenge of getting to portal, the way disc multiball works, how Clu is earned in SOS. This is what made this game so elegant.
All the changes that make these things easier are not sitting well with me, especially being able to the advance to the next SOS step. Because Tron was pretty much a complete game already, I may never upgrade the code.

+1
I don't own the game, but have played it enough on location that I know the game inside and out. This is my fear as well. Haven't yet had the chance to play the new code, but on paper, I never liked the idea of skipping a SOS step, nor lane change of CLU (see my original post on the day of code release).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-code/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.