Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron-LE-1-74-README.TXT
TRN_LE_1-4_E-readme.txt
Tron_Update.jpg
IMG_1476_2.JPG
gary.jpg
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 11 years ago

bah

it will be for the next update ! yup !

(and tanx STERN for keeping our pin code alive)

#202 11 years ago

bah

it will be for the next update ! yup !

(and tanx STERN for keeping our pin code alive)

#203 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They could've made it 16 ramp shots and it would've been "of moderate difficulty" to obtain IMO.

I thought I read that the number of ramp shots necessary is fully configurable.

#204 11 years ago

of course the one day im too busy to check pinside i miss the tron update.

oh well...only 6 more hours till freedom.
can't wait to check out the new code, but will definitely keep a back up of the previous code (just in case

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I thought I read that the number of ramp shots necessary is fully configurable.

I'm running on defaults right now. I will probably change it unless my wife and other people have a hard time picking up the extra ball every few games as-is.

#206 11 years ago

I just read the readme notes for Tron LE 1-74 Code update.

It appears the renumbered the code updates for Tron LE.

The last code update I had was from November 2011. It was Tron LE 1-4_E.

I save all the code and all the readme files.

Not that it really matters, I just found it funny.

Marcus

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I just read the readme notes for TRON LE 1-74 Code update.
It appears the renumbered the code updates for TRON LE.
The last code update I had was from November 2011. It was TRON LE 1-4_E.
I save all the code and all the readme files.
Not that it really matters, I just found it funny.
Marcus

FWIW...the code I archived off my Pro 2d that I got in October was 1.4 also.

*edit* lol, yeah, that's odd...it's like they renumbered the revisions in the new textfile

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I think they were trying to hit the middle ground between giving the pro owners an extra ball and not ticking off the LE owners, but let's face it...

You may be right, but I don't think a single LE owner would have cared if they gave the pro the exact same rules for earning an extra ball. Spelling "DAFT" and "PUNK" to earn an extra ball is cool, and it should be on every version of the game.

#209 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You may be right, but I don't think a single LE owner would have cared if they gave the pro the exact same rules for earning an extra ball. Spelling "DAFT" and "PUNK" to earn an extra ball is cool, and it should be on every version of the game.

I totally agree.

If they wanted to make it harder for the Pro, they also could've done FLYNN LIVES for a 5+5 setup. Spelling Daft Punk (for extra ball) almost makes no sense in context of the movie...they showed up for a whole 30-ish seconds, and then you get an animation of CLU's hand. Oooookay.

FLYNN LIVES for extra ball, then DAFT PUNK for DP Multiball would be sweet. Don't shoot me, LE guys!

#210 11 years ago

Is there any changes to the lighted ramps on the LEs?

#211 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Flynn says "Disc battles - F*CKIN' spectacular arenas!!!" Oh wait, he says that all the time.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think he is kidding. Movie was PG.

Indeed it was PG. If you listen closely, the quote is;

"Disc battles FOUGHT IN spectacular arenas."

No F-bombs in a Disney flick....

Later,
EV

#212 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'll admit the first thing I did when I saw this thread was scan through to ensure that there was no new video mode. Thank god.

I agree. I wish I could turn them off in almost every case, and for the most part games that have video modes instantly appear on my "never care to own" list. I have enough consoles that can do something way better. I like the JP fire the ball into play one, and can sort of tolerate the BSD one and the pound the heck out of the flipper ones popular on Sega titles (VND, SP come to mind). Beyond those, ugh.

lol

So you will never own tons of the best rated pins ever!

No MM for you! No AFM. No CV. No STTNG.

I understand some people not caring for video modes on a pin, but there is also taking it too far and depriving yourself of having/playing some of the best pins ever made.

#213 11 years ago

Questions for all you lucky Tron owners with new code:
(most referencing my previous post analyzing the readme file)

- Raised the score for an inner loop shot during quorra multiball.
Appropriate. Anyone know by how much?

- Reworked disc multiball
What are the point values for building up the jackpot in DMB? What are the higher values from upper flipper shots? Does it increase only your next JP shot to the disc, or all remaining disc shots during DMB?

- Sea of simulation item award was not pausing the double scoring
timer. This has been corrected.
I wonder if this is fixed for the intro to the mb's?

- Added new awards to Flynn's Arcade. They are: ADVANCE CLU, ADVANCE
ZUSE, ADVANCE DISC, ADVANCE LIGHT CYCLE, ADVANCE SEA OF SIMULATION,
and MORE TIME. Advance Sea of Simulation is only available when Sea
of Simulation is running and will spot the next shot during SoS (at
1/10 the points). This should be helpful if the player enters SoS
and has not completed Gem or Light Cycle.

How often are you getting the new awards vs. the old set of 500K, advance recognizer, advance GEM, etc?
Does there seem to be logic built in to which award you get (ie. Adv ZUSE when you're one target away, Adv LC when you're one insert away, etc)?
Has anyone tried out the Adv SOS award yet, and if so, did it award only that level's points by 1/10? Or were all the subsequent levels reduced to 1/10th?

Inquiring programs want to know....

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Has anyone tried out the Adv SOS award yet, and if so, did it award only that level's points by 1/10? Or were all the subsequent levels reduced to 1/10th?

Used this to pass Gem on one of my games. The Gem award was reduced, the other levels were not.

#215 11 years ago

I started the light cycle/quorra MB stack and both animations ran in full, then it kicked the ball out of the scoop. Nice work on that. I like the new disc MB also. Seems like I've lost my ability to combo the right ramp and quorra. I have to dial that back in.

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Man I hope the "bum, ba bum bum bum, TRON!!" speech has finally been integrated into the game!

» YouTube video

It already was. Not sure what version software it was running but there is a vid on YT that clearly has that sample play during the game. Not sure what activated it though.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

It already was. Not sure what version software it was running but there is a vid on YT that clearly has that sample play during the game. Not sure what activated it though.

It was the earliest code version.

People complained that it was overused, so Stern removed it in later code releases.

It's a shame that it wasn't re-added in the latest code release.

Marcus

#218 11 years ago

Definitely one of the best updates to date. I like that the combo's are more apparent after making a shot. It seems like they cleaned up the lighting for shots in general. The light cycle animation (one of the coolest animations) is more emphasised at the beginning of the multiball.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

- Reworked disc multiball
What are the point values for building up the jackpot in DMB? What are the higher values from upper flipper shots? Does it increase only your next JP shot to the disc, or all remaining disc shots during DMB?

How often are you getting the new awards vs. the old set of 500K, advance recognizer, advance GEM, etc?

Does there seem to be logic built in to which award you get (ie. Adv ZUSE when you're one target away, Adv LC when you're one insert away, etc)?

Unknown value, only for next JP shot.

Fairly frequently, but 500k still shows up a LOT..

No logic to help you out I don't think, it's still random.

One more thing I did notice was that I had SOS lit, Quorra AND Lightcycle should have been lit, but could NOT start them until I played and got out of SOS! So now, instead of being able to finish those inserts to try to get them solid for SOS the game does now appropriately NOT light the inserts since it won't start the modes but push you into SOS. Once I drained SOS, they both immediately lit at the beginning of my next ball though.

#220 11 years ago

Wow.. installed the update last night. Has a "full" feel to it. Though may be (too much?) easier than before as I had yet to reach portal and did on my second game!

Game is getting close to Iron Man as top Stern!

#221 11 years ago

Just installed. Nice work, Lyman. The "disc multiball restart" is the most obvious and welcome change based on my first few games. And hey I "earned" extra balls in almost all the games as well. Finally! Looking forward to discovering all the other subtle changes.

Great feel and flow, new animations are welcome, instant info MUCH improved. Machine feels more complete

#222 11 years ago

Is there really any new animations? (Besides the random scoop award faces) I can tell most here don't realize the light cycle multiball start animation was always there, it's just you only saw it if light cycle mb was the only thing available on the scoop when collected.

#223 11 years ago

I played about five games with the new code last night. It's definitely easier now, at least in terms of getting to Portal. Still not sure how I feel about the new disc multiball rules, although I love the restart. As the main multiball in the game, this was a welcome addition to the code. Overall, it's a terrific update. My hat's off to Lyman!

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

...best game was 190 million, almost got to second SOS

184M... all full mission completed, except the ... easy (!!!) disc

#225 11 years ago

I, for one, *much* prefer the new Disc Multi-ball rules! It adds a lot more strategy to how this mode can be played, and you can build up more points with the new code. Love the restart, and the countdown timer to restart it is cool too.

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Is there really any new animations? (Besides the random scoop award faces) I can tell most here don't realize the light cycle multiball start animation was always there, it's just you only saw it if light cycle mb was the only thing available on the scoop when collected.

Correct. I have not noticed a single new animation. The icons from the arcade scoop are different though (obviously).

#226 11 years ago

I noticed the new background/lettering on end of line jackpot (when you finish a combo by shooting into arcade scoop).

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Is there any changes to the lighted ramps on the LEs?

I have noticed one or two times where it seems to flash colors that it didn't before so my guess is yes.

Quoted from JoeJet:

Wow.. installed the update last night. Has a "full" feel to it. Though may be (too much?) easier than before as I had yet to reach portal and did on my second game!
Game is getting close to Iron Man as top Stern!

If it's too easy for ya then try tweaking the options in the system menu. There's a lot of stuff in there now that is fully customizable.

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I like the update, only complaint so far is the reduced use to the noise that used to signal that you hit the Quorra shot.

Agreed. Just the lame gurgley spinner sound instead of the satisfying chime it used to make. It's a small thing but I miss it too.

#228 11 years ago

Also, am I the only one who doesn't like the new Disc multiball rules? I kinda liked the way it was before… very satisfying to hit shots & see the lights go out then hit the disc to light 'em back up again. I suppose I'm just used to the old way. I've only played maybe 10 games on the new code so far.

#229 11 years ago

just tried it. the game is 10 times better now. just the fact that you can get the extra ball makes all the difference.

and yes, the disk multiball now is simply brilliant!

#230 11 years ago

The best thread on Pinside this year so far! I spent an agonising evening at work yesterday reading the start of the thread, then after updating my LE this morning spent most of today just alternating between playing the new software and reading this thread.

The game does seem easier, with higher scores on factory settings. I think my first game was around 68 Million including nearly completing SOS. A lot more extra balls now, and I do like the Disc Multiball restart. Not sure about the new icons for the awards from the scoop though.

Didn't buy the Tron new, but I did buy a NIB AC/DC last year. If Stern can keep offering this attention to detail on their latest games, with frequent software updates, I am happy to put up with small hardware problems such as a faulty cannon on the AC/DC and keep buying new games from them. Just hoping the X-Men owners get their turn soon!

#231 11 years ago

I agree with the majority this was a great update for TRON very well played by Lyman and the team!

#232 11 years ago

Is there more shaker integration? Maybe its in my head but my Tron seems to be rocking!

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Unknown value, only for next JP shot.

Fairly frequently, but 500k still shows up a LOT..

No logic to help you out I don't think, it's still random.

One more thing I did notice was that I had SOS lit, Quorra AND Lightcycle should have been lit, but could NOT start them until I played and got out of SOS! So now, instead of being able to finish those inserts to try to get them solid for SOS the game does now appropriately NOT light the inserts since it won't start the modes but push you into SOS. Once I drained SOS, they both immediately lit at the beginning of my next ball though.

Thanks!

Quoted from RobT:

I, for one, *much* prefer the new Disc Multi-ball rules! It adds a lot more strategy to how this mode can be played, and you can build up more points with the new code.

Thanks for the input -- were you able to note any detail from the DMD while playing on the kind of scoring & JP build-up now available in DMB?

Likely simply because the now-old DMB rules were familiar to me, I like the strategy trade-off of hitting the safe lit disc shots, and then having to decide if it was worth putting a ball out of control from the disc in order to relite the easier shots, or if I wanted to take the risk on hitting the more difficult shots first.

I'm hoping the Tron in Austin on location will do the update soon!

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There's a "Directors Cut" that can be installed now. Don't remember if that was there before?

Does anyone know what this does. Is it similar to LOTR's Directors Cut?

Thanks,
Mike

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There's a "Directors Cut" that can be installed now. Don't remember if that was there before?

Interested in understanding what this means/does for gameplay as well. Any way you can break it down for us Rob?

#236 11 years ago

Guys, I will try to do a quick runthrough tonight and see what each shot adds to disc. Should only take a few minutes with the glass off.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Does anyone know what this does. Is it similar to LOTR's Directors Cut?

The director's cut was always there. It is there in the installs I am pretty sure for every Stern Game. However it does not always change anything. I do not know whether Director's Cut in Tron does anything special.

#238 11 years ago

One of Stern’s best 3-flipper PRO games (next to Spider-man) just got better!

Here are three things I like about it:

1. Ability to light the Extra Ball light from the left ramp!
With no lit modes, the right flipper is usually a choice between the the left ramp and the Quorra inner loop shot. Now, that choice just got harder because left ramps count towards your Extra Ball light!

2. Disc Multiball
The original rules for Disc Multiball were okay. I did like the fact that lit lights went out, and that the disc spinner reset them. However, I found it hard to complete and the scoring rewards very low. The other multiball modes were much more lucrative.

The new rules for Disc Multiball are much more fun and reminisent of AFM’s Total Annihilation. Build up a jackpot and claim it with a shot into the Disc spinner. The ability to restart it is also very cool! I got close to 10 Million one of my Disc Multiballs last night. Compare this to usual Disc Multiball scores of < 500,000.

3. Combos!
With the display emphasizing combos, I do find myself in more of a frame of mind to make them. They are a great, often overlooked, way to make points!

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I understand some people not caring for video modes on a pin, but there is also taking it too far and depriving yourself of having/playing some of the best pins ever made.

Says you.

I own a lot of machines. I've had opportunities to own every one of those that you've mentioned. And their stupid video modes is why I do not care for most of them.

If you know me, you would know that I'm not an idiot when it comes to knowing what as video modes and what doesn't, and the fact that I have claimed for years now that I hate machines with video modes. Didn't change when I got my first machine nearly 15 years ago, doesn't change now that I own 50+. I just don't primp my e-peen by posting about them all the time on here.

Tommy, Batman Forever and Baywatch are the three that I currently own with stupid video modes. Tommy is on loan to a buddy, Batman Forever is on loan to an arcade, and Baywatch is currently in storage.

If you like them, great. But then why not buy an Atari 2600 and play those games. They are more complex and better too.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The anticipation....

that x-men looks familiar.....glad it went to a great home.

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you like them, great. But then why not buy an Atari 2600 and play those games. They are more complex and better too.

Uh...because Atari 2600 isn't a pinball machine?

Did I say that I prefer video games over pinball? Did I even imply that? Nope. Your statement that I should just buy an Atari 2600 makes you lose credibility.

Thanks for your opinion though.

#242 11 years ago

So how doe the post block/skill shot work now? How is it different than the previous code? I have not got a chance to install the update yet.

#243 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Uh...because Atari 2600 isn't a pinball machine?

Neither is a video mode on a pinball a pinball machine. You could take away everything else in the game and play it. I think the Atari 2600 has better video games than any dot matrix display video modes. Sorry. And I think a lot of people would agree with that.

Quoted from RobT:

Did I say that I prefer video games over pinball? Did I even imply that? Nope. Your statement that I should just buy an Atari 2600 makes you lose credibility.

I didn't say that you said that, but if that makes me lose credibility to the guy who thinks that I'll never experience the "best" games that's great. You clearly don't think that I know anything about pinball, and shouldn't have an opinion about video modes. I'm sorry that I do, and that my opinion hasn't changed since I started playing.

I've never caved to people like yourself who declare that certain games are the best. I always have said that I'm wacky and like games that a lot of people don't, and I'm comfortable saying that. If you're uncomfortable with the fact that I have picked games like Viper Night Drivin', Jurassic Park and 4 Square over games like Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars, and Cirquis Voltaire, that's you're problem not mine.

Thanks for the opinion though.

#244 11 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Is there more shaker integration? Maybe its in my head but my Tron seems to be rocking!

Your old settings were reset to the defaults. Mine was going crazy as well, and I went into the shaker settings and put it back how I had it before (Minimal).

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I always have said that I'm wacky

Then there's nothing more to discuss, as it all makes perfect sense now.

#246 11 years ago

Goatdan derailing a thread to crowbar-in references to Viper Night Drivin'? Say it aint so!

#247 11 years ago

goatdan... take some deep breaths.... there is no video mode in Tron .

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

If you're uncomfortable with the fact that I have picked games like Viper Night Drivin', Jurassic Park and 4 Square over games like Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, and Cirquis Voltaire, that's you're problem not mine.

Look here Dan...you've got till October to change your opinion and join the majority by liking the games that EVERYONE LIKES...ya got that?!?!!? No more Viper...no more JP. If I see you at Expo and you're not singing the praises of MM and AFM all day long, you're dead, ya hear me!?!?! DEAAAAADDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gaudy modded shooter rod right through the eyesocket, ya hear me!?!?!??!?!

Do the right thing man....one of us. One of us. One of us.

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then there's nothing more to discuss, as it all makes perfect sense now.

I'm cool with that, as I sit down here with a current my house line up of Viper Night Drivin', Star Wars Episode 1*, Jurassic Park, Iron Man and 4 Square.

* on SWE1, as it is here more because it fits under the beam in my basement right and less because of the gameplay. Although I also do have RFM to plop in there when I want.

And yes, those games are placed there above my Tron, which is at my storage area line up currently, along with other games that I think the majority of "normal" collectors would be really surprised are there and not in place of VND, specifically

#250 11 years ago

F**k you Dan, video modes rule the wasteland!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 381 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-code/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.