Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2083.JPG
IMG_2084.JPG
Tron_Mods.jpg
IMG_2058.jpg
IMG_2060.jpg
IMG_2059.jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

thats terrific that Stern is providing ramp protectors, but they are not as important as the scoop protector. The scoop will show wear around the wood at less than 100 plays. You will need a mantis or cliffy protector for sure.

#52 11 years ago

thats terrific that Stern is providing ramp protectors, but they are not as important as the scoop protector. The scoop will show wear around the wood at less than 100 plays. You will need a mantis or cliffy protector for sure.

#53 11 years ago

OK - the ball is sticking on the very right switch. It's happened three or four times. Is this an adjustment? Here is a pic of where it is getting hung up. I thought it might be the cliffy protector, but it appears to be getting stuck on the switch. Anyone have this happen? What's the fix?

#54 11 years ago

OK - the ball is sticking on the very right switch. It's happened three or four times. Is this an adjustment? Here is a pic of where it is getting hung up. I thought it might be the cliffy protector, but it appears to be getting stuck on the switch. Anyone have this happen? What's the fix? IMG_2084.JPGIMG_2084.JPG

#55 11 years ago

One more from another angle. This is two separate instances of it sticking so fi the pics don't look the same you know why.

IMG_2083.JPGIMG_2083.JPG

#56 11 years ago

I bet its the cliffy not the switch. I used mylar there instead. My cliffy did not work there so well either. Many people have a cliffy there with zero issues so maybe its just some machines. I've used tons of the switch lane cliffy's with no issue. Cliffy is an asset to us and I fully respect him and his work.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

One more from another angle. This is two separate instances of it sticking so fi the pics don't look the same you know why.

Just bend the switch down a little, then gravity can then get the ball over the switch, I had the same problem.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

thats terrific that Stern is providing ramp protectors

Thanks Frank!

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I bet its the cliffy not the switch.

Never had one stick on the Tron I had here but sorry to hear it's not working for you.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Never had one stick on the Tron I had here but sorry to hear it's not working for you.

No worries Cliff. Not sure it's the protector anyway. It gets caught from just about any angle which tells me it's likely the switch. I'll have to play a few more games to confirm though

#61 11 years ago

You misunderstand my friend. Your protectors are terrific. You have single handedly protected thousands of machines from wear and made them look new again. I am a customer and will continue to be a customer.

I'm simply saying Stern is finally protecting their thin plastic ramp ends with reinforcement. This will help everyone that buys the game, escpecially those that are not in the hobby, and ops.
Those that want the BEST protection will buy your protectors! I really didn't mean anything more by my comment.

Quoted from Cliffy:

Thanks Frank!

#62 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I bet its the cliffy not the switch. I used mylar there instead. My cliffy did not work there so well either.

same for me about the "ramp fall ball" protector

i'm a Cliffy fan for his work (smaaaak ! big kiss ! lol), but in THIS case, i prefer a thin & invisible piece of mylar

#63 11 years ago

Mine sticks in that same place as well. I don't know if it's the switch wire or the cliffy. I've gone so far as to place two overlapping mylar circles there to smooth the transition, pulled the ramp as far to the right to be directly over the switch as I could, it still gets stuck coming from ZEN or otherwise, but NOT off the ramp. I give up. People can just shake it off and risk the tilt. I'm not removing the Cliffy, especially not for TPF.

#64 11 years ago

Would like to get some flipper buton protectors as well, where is the best source for these?

#65 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Mine sticks in that same place as well. I don't know if it's the switch wire or the cliffy. I've gone so far as to place two overlapping mylar circles there to smooth the transition, pulled the ramp as far to the right to be directly over the switch as I could, it still gets stuck coming from ZEN or otherwise, but NOT off the ramp. I give up. People can just shake it off and risk the tilt. I'm not removing the Cliffy, especially not for TPF.

Well the real question would be - has it happened to any WITHOUT the cliffy? If so, rules out the cliffy. Additionally, those that have fixed it by bending the wire, did it work and stay working? Thanks again for the great input. I appreciate it.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Well the real question would be - has it happened to any WITHOUT the cliffy? If so, rules out the cliffy. Additionally, those that have fixed it by bending the wire, did it work and stay working? Thanks again for the great input. I appreciate it.

I don't honestly remember. I don't think we played much before we put the protectors on it. My wife would remember better than I do how many games it had before we got them on. I think we had them on there before our "unboxing" party...

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Would like to get some flipper buton protectors as well, where is the best source for these?

www.pinballlife.com sells the clear ones, or you can go full out with the side rails. Some have stated that the clear ones will not pull off good when your done with them. However, I have no reason to pull them once they stick they are set for the life of the game in my opinion.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from toro1966:

Yes, all three ramps now come with protectors from Stern.

All 3 ramps have them Toro?? Where is this mysterious 3rd ramp that has a protector on it in Tron?

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

All 3 ramps have them Toro?? Where is this mysterious 3rd ramp that has a protector on it in Tron?

Sorry, meant there are three installed from the factory. Two on the left ramp and one on the right ramp. Thanks for clearing it up.

#70 11 years ago

I installed the cliffy lane protector and started getting ball hang ups on the roll over switch. I noticed after I took it out that it appeared to be directional, and I may have had it installed in the wrong direction. Once removed all ball hang ups stopped. Maybe cliffy can comment if they are in fact directional and can be installed wrong.

#71 11 years ago

It didn't start happening until we'd installed the cliffys. Pincrawler's got a good idea though, we'll have to pull the glass tonight and check that.

#72 11 years ago

OK, my Tron only came with the "Girls" translite last week. Where was the other one when you guys got them in the box?

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from b_koenig:

OK, my Tron only came with the "Girls" translite last week. Where was the other one when you guys got them in the box?

It was in a tube rolled up. You can see it as soon as you open the box.

#74 11 years ago

Just set mine up last night and I love it! I had the music cranked up at first but turned it down after I put my kids to bed. Anyone else notice the sound of the motor on the spinning disc with the volume low? Just wondering if this is normal

Also, I received the extra 2d translite rolled up in the tube. Not sure if I'll ever use it as the 2 chick translite rocks.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Pincrawler:

Maybe cliffy can comment if they are in fact directional and can be installed wrong.

They are not directional really but there is a long end and a short end. I made them like this to allow better centering for cosmetic purposes. They are open ended both ends so the ball doesn't have to climb as high as if it were a solid edge. The only way they could hang a ball is if the ends curled upwards and this is certainly possible on games with heavy wear. However this should not be the case on new games. It should lay perfectly flat.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Just set mine up last night and I love it! I had the music cranked up at first but turned it down after I put my kids to bed. Anyone else notice the sound of the motor on the spinning disc with the volume low? Just wondering if this is normal
Also, I received the extra 2d translite rolled up in the tube. Not sure if I'll ever use it as the 2 chick translite rocks.

Yes, a loud spinning disc motor is "normal". I contacted Stern today and they recommended putting a few drops of 3 in 1 oil on each shaft of the motor. It will be a weekend project for me.

#77 11 years ago

If you look at the pictures posted it looks like the ball is hung in two places. The first picture is hung on the switch aand the second on the Cliffy. The one hung on the Cliffy looks like it is coming from the side and may be hitting on the Cliffy, not going down the center. The other you just need to adjust the switch a little. Probably only on slow moving balls there or if they are changing direction would be my guess.

#78 11 years ago

Had the ball sticking issue with the Cliffy. I can't recall exactly how, but the switch was rubbing against the inside of the Cliffy, and wasn't moving freely. I ended up turning my Cliffy 180 degrees (so the U was at the top) and that fixed it.

#79 11 years ago

We turned our Cliffy around and have had about fifteen or so balls drop from the ramp and none of them caught - that's after having to nudge four or five off the Cliffy beforehand.

It's now positioned with the open end downward.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

We turned our Cliffy around and have had about fifteen or so balls drop from the ramp and none of them caught - that's after having to nudge four or five off the Cliffy beforehand.
It's now positioned with the open end downward.

Thanks. Ironically, I didn't do anything but play a bunch more games and the problem seems to have disappeared

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tron-came-with-extras/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.