(Topic ID: 65688)

New Transformer Pin

By Avantiguy

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Stern had 2 strikes with their attempt at a home game which is priced right and built right and seems to have gotten it right with version 3. Sern signed an exclusive with Olhausen to insure that no internet shipping issues or price wars by garage distributors would occur. The machine has the same commercial bumpers and switches but is all LED and BUS based so no bulbs to change, no batteries to corrode which means more play time and less maintenance time. For a purist who can take care of a machine, buy used. for a family with a busy schedule adn a game room which is not used daily, it is a great option.Purists are never satisfied with new entry level. Tournament pool players look down on 8 foot tables but they are more popular and fit the average home better. Stern got it right this time and I hope they keep new titles coming out. Stern is the last hope for pinball and I applaud them for making it affordable and maintenance free.

#2 10 years ago

Gary? Is that you?

#3 10 years ago

Sounds like quite the advertisement from an anonymous pinhead...

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Gary? Is that you?

#5 10 years ago

Just checked the Bass Pro Shop website, trolling lures are on sale.

#6 10 years ago

I just had imaginary sex with J. Aniston. Cause that is what this pin is, push some buttons and close your eyes pretending to play pinball.

And that only for a lousy 2 grand +.

#7 10 years ago

Did the price go up or down? Looks like they are finally selling the Avengers Pin.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Gary? Is that you?

Jack daniels burns when it comes out your nose, just sayin...

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Jack daniels burns when it comes out your nose, just sayin...

Best way to clean out your nostrils....

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Best way to clean out your nostrils....

Let's not have everyone start talking about how they clean out their nostrils on the Pinside.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's not have everyone start talking about how they clean out their nostrils on the Pinside.

aw c'mon... i smell a pinside hall of fame thread possibility here...

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's what my doctor told me to use!!

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

That's what my doctor told me to use!!

one should always obey doctor's orders...

#14 10 years ago

So... what are the website links to this new version 3 (pictures, order page, etc)?

#15 10 years ago

I would like a chance to see and plays these games,more pin exposure the better

#16 10 years ago

Emailed Olhausen for a price. $3,499.

It was $2,499 when it was on Amazon.

Pass the doobie.......

#17 10 years ago

Puff, puff......pass.

#18 10 years ago

Not worth it for 3500. I know "the pin" get horrible reviews, but i kinda like the concept of a pin that is built for home use. Esp for wealthy peeps that dont want to maintain it. Just plug it in and go.

I would like some hands on reviews from a real pinhead. Like how is maintenance, does it seem as cheap as it comes off in pictures. Etc. and most imp is it fun?

#19 10 years ago

I cant seem to find any info on this except for this thread. Where is the public announcement from Stern?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from policano:

I cant seem to find any info on this except for this thread. Where is the public announcement from Stern?

It was on Stern's Facebook page - that's the only place I've seen it.

#22 10 years ago

Hi Gary! Glad to see you on Pinside!
    Boy....do we have a lot of questions and commits to make. Where do we start?
    Ok, here we go.................

#23 10 years ago

what i wanna know is how they can build a "maintenance free" pin for half the price of one that has to be "maintained" right out of the box in order to get it to work right?

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from Avantiguy:

... and I applaud them for making it affordable and maintenance free.

And coming from a guy like you, that means a lot.

Thanks buddy!

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Emailed Olhausen for a price. $3,499.

It was $2,499 when it was on Amazon.

I remember Gomez saying they were trying to get the price down below $2,000 . . . looks like they went the other way.

Keep in mind, this game was never really intended for those of us here on Pinside. This game is designed to be attractive to a different crowd . . . I hope it works, would be a great entry level game for people to buy something brand new that presumably won't be challenging to keep running for awhile.

They buy this and then pinball fever hits and they find their way here and buy more games. Would be great.

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

They buy this and then pinball fever hits and they find their way here and buy more games. Would be great.

Then they unload their HUO "pinball machines" for a more realistic $500 to fellow pinsiders who are tired of maintaining "Real" pins.
    Win, win

Thanks Gary, needed a good chuckle.
    Puff, puff,
    Pass

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-transformer-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.