(Topic ID: 139565)

New TPF 2016 Tournament Announcement

By Ed_in_Texas

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xerico.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I appreciate the efforts but I'm also going to provide feedback on things that can make the tournament/show better. If you add playoff brackets to the other tournaments I think it makes everything much more inviting for everyone. As it stands I'd love to hear why you don't feel as though things are not tailored for the "A" players. We are all looking to grow pinball as a competitive sport and is why I'm being so vocal.

Ed and the TPF organizers are doing their best to satisfy every group that had a complaint. Some people complained that the pot size was not big enough. Some people complained that they spent too much time at the tournaments. Others complained that waking up early on Sunday for a finals was "too rough".

So this year, Ed and the TPF organizers are trying something new. This format will pay out more money, make it less of a time commitment so players can enjoy the rest of the show, and finish all playoffs on Saturday night so players can sleep in on Sunday and enjoy the show at their leisure.

In order to accomplish these goals, some things had to be cut. In this case, the high score events do not get a playoff. If this new format does not meet the needs of the TPF attendees and tournament players, I'm confident Ed will once again discuss other options to make it better.

I for one congratulate Ed and company for at least caring and trying something that they feel is in the best interest of the show and the tournament crowd.

Marcus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xerico.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tpf-2016-tournament-announcement?tu=xerico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.