(Topic ID: 139565)

New TPF 2016 Tournament Announcement

By Ed_in_Texas

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbellaz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 8 years ago

Sounds great. I suggest making sure the 30 game limit is built right into the software - record every game. Don't rely only on tickets, which can easily be traded/sold between participants.

#45 8 years ago

yeah, that's what my thinking was too. if I was a lock for the finals after 25 attempts, I'd feel selfish to keep playing if a buddy of mine was on the bubble, and I'd probably give him a few tickets if it were allowed. But that's not fair to those that don't have the option of getting a few more attempts. And of course if you allow ticket swaps at all, someone will grossly abuse it -- "my daughter only wanted to play that one EM, so I'm using the other 59 tickets for myself...". Might be good to get a ruling on this right away - is ticket swapping going to be completely prohibited (preferably by software, not just asking nicely)? If not, people might be tempted to buy an extra entry for less interested family members just to have the insurance.

#47 8 years ago

Okay, I see that the official rules (now?) say it's 30 plays max per person, with no mention of tickets at all. That seems pretty clear.

5 months later
    #54 8 years ago

Am I missing something, or will this be worth less than 100% TGP should it reach 161 players? The four-player novice finals don't count toward the "finals must include at least 10% of participants" threshold, do they?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dbellaz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tpf-2016-tournament-announcement?tu=dbellaz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.