Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20171016_144349 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171016_144336 (resized).jpg
IMG_5092 (resized).JPG
IMG_5154 (resized).JPG
IMG_5156 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Now I'm working on a Williams Disco Fever. It's DOA. When I turn it on all the solenoids kick on then off. I never worked on a Williams before (never even played one). Is it normal for the solenoids to kick in like that on power on? Don't seem right.

Thanks

Bob

#5 6 years ago

Thanks guys - it didn't seem normal for them to all kick at once. I have the 40 pin interconnect but only the female side. Need to order the male pins. But I wanted to wait till I figure out what all needs to be replaced. 5 volt capacitor is also on the list and a couple of fuse holders.

I been reading PinWiki - one of the first places I looked.

What's strange about system 3's is there are no test points to check voltages - at least I haven't found them.

Bob

#8 6 years ago

Actually I was looking for the 5 volts and 12 volts on the MPU and the power supply board.

The only corrosion I found was on the battery holder. The board is clean and all the solder pads look good too. I was planning on replacing the connector headers and crimp connectors to make it reliable. It has Scambe sockets. I hate to replace sockets but I guess I should even though they look nice. How many WORKING system 3's are out there with Scambe sockets still in them?

I have a few locking headers on hand but not near enough. (And I don't like them). Would GPE's headers (like I use on Sterns) work on this game without the lock ramp?

Also the 8 transistors and resistors on the driver need to be replaced as per Vid's guide. They are toasted.

What do you think about replacing the ROMs?

Thanks

Bob

IMG_5156 (resized).JPGIMG_5156 (resized).JPG

IMG_5154 (resized).JPGIMG_5154 (resized).JPG

IMG_5092 (resized).JPGIMG_5092 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldschoolbob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-williams-system-3?tu=oldschoolbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.