View topic image gallery

IMG_3480 (resized).JPG
IMG_3482 (resized).JPG
IMG_3481 (resized).JPG
IMG_3478 (resized).JPG
IMG_3479 (resized).JPG
IMG_3477 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hello! First let me say that I'm new to this forum and the world of owning a pinball machine. I recently bought a 1973 Bally Circus machine that sat in a bar for most of its life. It is working, with a few lights out on the play field. The back story is that the bar was painted and somehow, someone decided to paint half the machine black. My project this summer will be to restore the case.

My question is about the back glass. There is a split crack in the upper right corner. I'm not sure when this happened, but it could have during transport to my house (I just don't remember seeing it at, but it could or could not have been there). Is there something to put over this crack to prevent dislodging of the pieces? I was thinking of running a bead of super glue.

IMG_3477 (resized).JPGIMG_3477 (resized).JPG

IMG_3479 (resized).JPGIMG_3479 (resized).JPG

IMG_3478 (resized).JPGIMG_3478 (resized).JPG

IMG_3481 (resized).JPGIMG_3481 (resized).JPG

IMG_3482 (resized).JPGIMG_3482 (resized).JPG

IMG_3480 (resized).JPGIMG_3480 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Great results with Duro Crystal Clear glass adhesive (if they still sell it). The break pretty much disappears. Just looks like a scratch now. Holds up. Going on 20 years for a couple of these repairs.

Use a UV light, or a black light for a quick cure. The package calls for using sunlight to cure the joint.

#3 6 years ago

I had a crack in my backlglass that really didn't stand out. I sealed the back with Triple Thick and glued the joint with thin viscosity Super Glue.
The joint is stable but the crack stands out worse visually.

#4 6 years ago

Thank you guys for your help. I will let you know how it goes!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-this-forum-cracked-back-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.