5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rlehman77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dual Shuffle Alley (resized).jpg
    20180602_075505 (resized).jpg
    20180602_075510 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello all, I am new to this site and restorations, I am in process of just starting a 1958 Dual Shuffle Alley. I love this thing but have no idea where to begin, it powers up, most lights work, keeps some scores over the 6 players, not useable to play for fun yet. 10 cent coin op works most of the time, but I can reset it manually easier.
    I have the original schematics and Pin slide over switch layouts.
    I am looking for any pointers on where to begin or what to do first.
    This looks to be a great website with some really smart folks, Thanks to all!!!

20180602_075505 (resized).jpg20180602_075505 (resized).jpg20180602_075510 (resized).jpg20180602_075510 (resized).jpgDual Shuffle Alley (resized).jpgDual Shuffle Alley (resized).jpg
    #2 5 years ago

Welcome to Pinside! You came to the right place. Bump.

#3 5 years ago

Welcome! Lots of helpful people here, don't be afraid to ask any and all questions you have. It really is a fantastic community, (if you can sift through the noise). Congrats on your entrance into a wonderful and engaging hobby!

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I have found 2 broken wires so far that needed to be re-soldered, done, that make my 0-9 score relay work again. having trouble with Pin switches some don't seem to do anything. I need to trace those down next. Some of the score wheels don't move free, what is best to verify the grease in them is still good, I bought some Teflon grease, but didn't do anything with it yet.

#5 5 years ago

Welcome to Pinside. Any pins in your future?

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to Pinside. Any pins in your future?

He already has 10.

#7 5 years ago

Welcome. You will find many resoures on here.

There are also a good chunk of other sites with great info. Check out this link for em pinballs. He is a member on here and his website has many great items (a section on bowler machines too!). This EM section has tons of good info that will help on cleaning up the mechanics of your machine as well; such as cleaning and adjusting switches, rebuilding/cleaning/adjusting score reels (some good videos too), etc.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#8 5 years ago

Also, try a search on here for "vid's guide".
    Vid1900 has many threads on a lot of good pinball restoration topics that may offer some extra help to you.

I believe there is a page someone put together that directly lists them all, but I didn't quickly see it to post the link here...but, very easy to find on here.

Good luck with the restoration and ENJOY the hobby!

Ohhh, and post progress pics....people like seeing before and after stuff, especially if they helped answer questions. Gives everybody a little fun

#9 5 years ago

awesome info, and thank you!!!!

I will keep pics updated as time permits, I will be on travel for a few weeks, so lots of airport time to watch videos and get some great tips and advice!!!

9 months later
    #10 5 years ago

Has anyone seen an instruction manual for this exact game or do they exist? Getting ready to start some work on this again, and trying to prepare anything I may need. I already have the schematic.

Also what is the best way to clean the score reels and such, they seem to have old grease in them and not moving free. Do I slide them out of slots and clean them in place or unsolder and remove completely from cabinet? Do they need to be repacked with grease once clean, I bought SuperLube but didn't know if I should apply to them for sure.

Also there is a doorbell switch that was wired in on the right side of the cabinet, were those always there or is that an add on and modified? should it be removed or keep in place, it currently lets you start a game without a coin.

thanks, can't wait to get started again....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-this-but-loving-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.