7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ThunderhorseCNC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

brett_048.jpg
    misc_011.jpg
    backroom_004.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Hi, new to pin collecting. I've previously owned two, a High speed basket case, and Comet, with the playfield worn almost through! Neither were keepers obviously, will be getting a nice Stargate pin in about a month, and i own a project babypac. I've been collecting arcade games for about 10 years, and i also have been reproducing the cabinets on a cnc i have here at the house for about the last 5 years.

I've grown tired of the nonsense and drama on the arcade side of the hobby, and need a change of pace, so i've decided to switch over to the pin side of collecting, and reproducing pinball cabinets. Also hope to add to the pin collection, i have about 4 i'm pretty set on owning, but i'm sure once i get out and check out some different pins (i haven't played many) i'll find more i must have. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of pins, Brett

#2 7 years ago

Welcome to the Pinside Brett - nice to meet you

#3 7 years ago

Anyone who owns a CNC machine is a friend of mine Good to see you here Thunder.

#4 7 years ago

Welcome to the Pinside. There is no drama here.

#5 7 years ago

welcome to pinside.its a good bunch here,you will find it a great place to hang out.

#6 7 years ago

Welcome to Pinside

#7 7 years ago

As someone who knows nothing about the arcade hobby, can you give us a summary of the nonsense and drama? Welcome to Pinside.

#8 7 years ago

welcome
    and there's probably drama in every hobby, including pins

#9 7 years ago

Welcome to the Pinside, Brett! Reproducing cabinets sounds like a pretty cool quality to have in your arsenal. I hope to do this myself one day, and build my own virtual pinball machine, a bit of a pinball/arcade hybrid. Just seems like so much fun to do.

And also welcome to the site Aeneas, I'm personally very happy to see you on here because I'm a big fan of your website!

#10 7 years ago

Welcome to pinside Brett.

Let the affliction begin.

#11 7 years ago

Welcome, pins cost a little more than the arcade stuff but they are worth it!

#12 7 years ago

welcome to pinside

#13 7 years ago

Welcome Brett! Hey, I think I saw some of your cabinets during their trip to MN. Matt was picking up a pin from me in IL and was on his way to Minnesota. Do you have a website or link to pics of your work?

#14 7 years ago

thanks guys! Robin, what website are you refering to? I used to have a website for the arcade cabinets, but it generated 0 sales. I stayed solid busy just from sales from klov. I did change my username from there to here, my name there was DPTwiz. That's my username i've had for ever, was from an online gaming guild, used to play cod and battlefield, etc. decided to drop it in favor of my biz name.

Yes shadow, those were some of my cabinets. It's not that i don't enjoy making arcade cabinets, but with rising material costs, i just don't think the arcade guys are going to be willing to pay what i need to charge to keep doing it. Really the final straw was when i put a small bartop cabinet up for orders, at 99.00 each (very cheap for what it is, material, time etc) and had 23 people ask for shipping quotes, and 2 people actually bought.

Then i had a discussion about kickstarter, i wanted to know more about it. Turns out it's not quite what i was looking for in order to finance an ambitious arcade reproduction. But people had to turn it around and tag it with smart ass comments like i was looking for handouts or suggest i was looking to rip people off. That pretty much did it for me, and i won't be posting over there anymore. I still need to log in, and keep in touch with about a dozen people i'm doing arcade cabinets for at the moment. Once i get all those done, i can quit going there completely.

I really need less headaches and more time enjoying the hobby.

heh.. i thought i'd have an option to edit the attachments, thier still sideways lol.

Here lets try this:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/VP005-1.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/VP008.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/Starwarsupright/starwars001.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/Nintendoandrobotron004.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/DSC00588-1.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/brett048.jpg
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/dptwiz/brett019.jpg

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from ThunderhorseCNC:

Robin, what website are you refering to?

Not to speak for Robin, but he was referring to Aeneas' Website; Flippers.be (which is indeed a great site!) He posted just above Robin....

At any rate, welcome to the hobby, and the group!

#16 7 years ago

Here's some pictures of my work

Wow, that's some beautiful work! Especially brett_048.jpg

Quoted from MattElder:

Not to speak for Robin, but he was referring to Aeneas' Website; Flippers.be

Yes, sorry for the confusion, I should have quoted Aeneas above that remark. That last paragraph was directed to Aeneas who also had his first post here on the Pinside, I noticed.

#17 7 years ago

thanks guys!
    Yes Shadow, those were some of my cabinets.

Those pics look great. And what I saw in the truck looked awesome, albeit mostly wrapped up.

Have a nephew whose dream is to have a MAME in a MK2 cabinet. Told him about you after seeing Matt's truck. His eyes got wide. He's too poor and in a tiny apartment with new wife but someday soon.

#18 7 years ago

Sorry, no inline images allowed on the Pinside for 2 reasons: copyrights (hotlinking is uncool) and future availability of images (e.g. no dead image links). Including simple web links to images is allowed though.

#19 7 years ago

thanks! i fixed it up with some direct links, so you can see more. Don't ask about the virtual pin, i hated that thing. engineering nightmare, and i wasn't crazy about the head design, and attachment. I made it for a friend at no charge. He did finish it out, and it looked awesome, i just don't want to make any more of them!

#20 7 years ago

did i do it correctly Robin? is that acceptable above as direct links?

#21 7 years ago

Welcome Brett. I'm excited that you will be reproducing pin cabinets (and close to me )

Any idea when you'll be off the ground? Will you just be producing cabinets, or offering painting and screen printing as well?

Good luck with the "no drama" thing!!!

Scott

#22 7 years ago

Painted/stenciled is definately happening. Silk screening, is doubtfull. I know there's a deal on the back of the head that's screened on, i've seen replacement heads for sale with that. That much i am pretty sure i can do, at least get the screen made and do it myself. The first project planned is stenciled Black Knight cabinets.

#23 7 years ago

You will find plenty of people interested in your work in this hobby. Welcome to Pinside.

#24 7 years ago

did i do it correctly Robin? is that acceptable above as direct links?

Sure! But you can also upload your images, as you already did with 3 of your images. Easiest is to do it while composing your messages, as they will be inserted automatically into your post. You can also do it later by editing your post. Behind the uploaded files is an insert link that you can click to insert the attachment into your post.

#25 7 years ago

welcome to the forum. the pics look great! nice work

#26 7 years ago

So, a CNC machine and a Roush Mustang?

When can I come over?

#27 7 years ago

Welcome. Nice start.

#28 7 years ago

heh.. 2000 Cobra R. not even a real one, V6 car with all the cobra body kit, wheels, and functioning side exhaust. I actually traded it in over a year ago for a windstar van. Maybe next year i'll start on the 66 fastback project.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 214.99
    $ 9.95
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 38.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside