12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by mattmain
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattmain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I'm new here and new to the pinball world. Started playing about three months ago a week before winning a tournament at a buddys house who had 4 of the 6 pinball machines i've played to date. I got serious the week before and did some research and I'm now addicted for life!
    Got my first pin 3 weeks ago. Monte Carlo 87 gottlieb. It didn't work and I had no idea on how to fix it. 2 weeks later I finally heard the sound and played my first game last night. What a cool new world I live in
    Then I found this amazing board with all you cool people and started searching the old forum post and found some amazing things. Which has stirred my curiosity to ask a couple questions.

1. I've played virtual pinball(needed a fix off the ps3 these last couple of weeks). I know it doesn't even come close to comparing to the real thing so save your breath But, I can see how it could help for learning the rules before you play a real machine to get the most fun out of it without wasting quarters or, even get you ready for a tournament. Would also help me decide which machine I want next. Question is: where can you get the games to download to a computer or do you have to have a virtual machine.

2. Has anyone found a cheaper solution to playfield glare. I saw some glass from Germany i think for $300 in a couple of the threads. This has been a major complaint for me being new to the pinball world. Some pins need the lights turned on because the playfield is to dark. But, LIGHT = GLARE. Drove me nuts on my buddies machine in his basement. Played a new SM at a pizza joint and had to turn on the overhead floresent just to see it. Couldn't believe a $4000 dollar game didn't come with non glare glass.

3. Do you know somebody in the indianapolis area that does house calls on machines that doesn't charge a fortune.

4. Anyone have the plastic circle to cover the roulette wheel on a 1987 monte carlo by gottlieb

thanks for any replies...you all are awesome and I look forward to many conversations over the course of my life with the lot of ya

#4 12 years ago

Thank for that steve young site. I already have that piece but it does have a crack in it. On the vp forums are those all downloads if you have a virtual machine. Is there anything where i can play on my mac?

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

There is no such thing as a 'virtual machine'....It's just a PC running virtual pinball software and game tables downloaded. The virtual machines are just people who have built pincabs with monitors in them driven by a PC.

I see...kinda....Can you run these games on a labtop. Cant see putting all that $ and effort into a video game.

#8 12 years ago

Thanks toyotaboy

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

I sent a pm with info.

I sent you a email back. thanks man!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattmain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-the-board-with-3-questions?tu=mattmain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.