(Topic ID: 278966)

New to pinball, what is a good fun machine priced around $3k-5500 (updated)

By Fieldsweeper

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190713_141546_281.jpg
    IMG_3204 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3204 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3204 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3204 (resized).jpeg
    9DCE1AD3-2464-45C7-8EE3-EE2FF7EDF453 (resized).jpeg
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago

Best bang for your buck in that range is the Stern Star Trek Pro. Gets a bad rap for theme and art, but in gameplay where it counts it is fantastic. It is #14 in the top 100 and the only game you are going to get on that list until #38, the Shadow.

#152 3 years ago

Walking Dead Pro is a steal for around $4500. It will keep you playing for a long time.

#153 3 years ago

Finally decided on the LE combo version of #transformers-(le) from mrm. So far I am liking it. But I know I will want another/different one soon haha.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

Finally decided on the LE combo version of Transformers (Premium/LE) from mrm. So far I am liking it. But I know I will want another/different one soon haha.

Glad you like it!

To be honest, there are many other games that you will love that you can trade for down the road with that machine. I've traded through about 20 machines in the past 2 years and once you get tired of one, there is always another one with new challenges for you. Congratulations and welcome to the deep end of the hobby!

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Glad you like it!
    To be honest, there are many other games that you will love that you can trade for down the road with that machine. I've traded through about 20 machines in the past 2 years and once you get tired of one, there is always another one with new challenges for you. Congratulations and welcome to the deep end of the hobby!

Kind of why I bought it anyway. It was close. Fun and now I can have something to play until I find one of the others I wanted locally. Like Taxi, Stranger things LE, Theatre of magic, arabian nights etc.

#156 3 years ago

Congrats, welcome to hobby!

#157 3 years ago

X men pro is fast and furious for $3,200 to $3,700

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

X men pro is fast and furious for $3,200 to $3,700

Or get an LE for $100 more, lol.

#159 3 years ago

I’d look for a Jurassic park pro for 5000-5500

#160 3 years ago

Dude started at $1000 now he is up to $5k!?!?!?!?? WOW... wish my budget worked like this.

for $5k I would have 3 nice pins (at least)

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lathroum:

Dude started at $1000 now he is up to $5k!?!?!?!?? WOW... wish my budget worked like this.
    for $5k I would have 3 nice pins (at least)

It was not so much that was my budget being raised. It was me more so not knowing what was available for cheaper. I was originally looking at a few games past the 2500 to 3k mark. But I just wanted to see (not knowing what was out there) if there was anything cheaper and perhaps I was only looking at really sought after ones (after all me being an outsider knowing a few machines by name should say something about popularity lol)

Then I started seeing newer machines but used that were only a little bit more so I decided to see what was there too. I ended up with a LE transformers for 4500. I am sure I will sell or trade it in the future if not soon to try something else out or maybe as I play more, 2 lesser machines. Taxi is still one I want and Theatre of Magic. I would like a TOTAN but that's more than I care to spend.

I missed out on an Addams family for only 4k supposedly in good condition. It was on Facebook but even though I replied an hour after posting I never got a reply before it was marked sold lmao.

I also did not want to get one that would need maintenance from the beginning or any time soon so a newer HUO machine was prob what I needed to get and those would cost more.

#162 3 years ago

I missed out on an Addams family for only 4k supposedly in good condition. It was on Facebook but even though I replied an hour after posting I never got a reply before it was marked sold lmao.

You and the other 500 of us that saw that listing. If you are responding an hour after a good deal was posted on FB it's safe to assume it was loaded into someone's car about 59 minutes before that .

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

You and the other 500 of us that saw that listing. If you are responding an hour after a good deal was posted on FB it's safe to assume it was loaded into someone's car about 59 minutes before that .

True but when I sell anything. Especially if I am not that sure of value. If I immediately get 100 people messaging me to the point I start to ignore some. I would double check the value before selling lol.

If it needed work sure. but if its an easy flip for 2k in profit. I would say sorry I changed my mind. then re list.

#164 3 years ago

True but when I sell anything. Especially if I am not that sure of value. If I immediately get 100 people messaging me to the point I start to ignore some. I would double check the value before selling lol.
    If it needed work sure. but if its an easy flip for 2k in profit. I would say sorry I changed my mind. then re list.

Oh I'm sure we will see that game again for 6K either from the seller or the buyer lol.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-pinball-what-is-a-good-fun-machine-priced-around-1000/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.