Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ReadyPO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hello, new to pinside. 2 months now. AND I got the bug hard. I just picked up my 3rd machine yesterday. (Living in ontario canada u just shoot first ask questions later) I picked up a home owned since new data east tales from the crypt. From the looks of it. Lows plays but it has also looks like last couples years it hasn't had any love. So I figured since I got such a bargain on it I could shop this one since I'm not working and have lots of free time. I have good electrical skills (have rebuilt wiring harnesses for my subaru swaps, truck mechanic by trade so chasing down gremlins is what I do alot at work )

Any tutorials or vid1900 posts to look at? Best place to get posts/led conversions.
Should I upgrade to pinsound while I'm at it?
Cliffys?

I know its how much money you wanna throw at machine but I am posting here to get everyone's input. Very helpful everytime. My other 2 machines were recently done so I don't have to worry about this game being down for a while to get her nice again will post pics when she's up in basement.

#2 3 years ago

I would definitely do the cliffys.

I like comet LEDs:
https://www.cometpinball.com/

I like Titian rubbers:
https://www.titanpinball.com/

I’m not a fan of anything other than factory boards, but I do like the Pinsound.

You can throw tons of money into a shop job, I’ve ended up doing full on restorations with the intentions of just a shop job. Do what you like. I do believe there will come a day when original will be worth more than “restored” or replaced. If it’s nice as you describe, I’d try to keep it as original as possible and don’t do anything you can’t put back to stock. I would also consider something to protect the cabinet from flipper wear.

#4 3 years ago

Hey guys, got machine setup in basement. Changed batteries out. Now I bought it knowing one flipper doesn't work. Turns out after testing yesterday its my flipper switch board . (Guy stole power from upper right flipper and used it for lower flipper) so I only get 2 flippers (ran through diag procedures and it turns out board isn't working anymore) best place to order new rottendog board? Thanks

Ahaha things u forget about noob fixers (he used alligator clips then put solder around it.....atlease he used solder (on one side of alligator clips)

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Reid420k:

Hey guys, got machine setup in basement.

Lets see a pic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.00
$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 26.50
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-pinball-resto?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.