(Topic ID: 202251)

Which Jersey Jack Machine Would You Buy if You Were Me?

By SwimLaw

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by zaphX
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Jersey Jack Machine Would You Buy If You Were Me?”

• The Wizard of Oz 38 votes
    22%
  • The Hobbit 15 votes
    9%
  • Dialed In 74 votes
    43%
  • Wait for Pirates of the Caribbean 46 votes
    27%

(173 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

u93pv4yfldty (resized).jpg
IMG_7266 (resized).PNG
MD (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_20170716_155053850 (resized).jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 6 years ago

I own all the JJP games. RRWOZ, DI LE, TH LE and I have JJPOTC LE on order.

My favorite to play? Dialed In. It's amazing. But it sounds like you want a licensed theme.

The Pin all "non-pinball" guests say is their favorite? The Hobbit. It's gorgeous, has great music and video clips, and it's easier for the kids. Don't listen to the haters. Those guys hardly ever play pinball, they just troll pinball forums :oP Hobbit has deep rules, but some players get bored with long games and constant multiballs, among other reasons. It's a polarizing game in the community. I probably wouldn't take it for a 1 pin collection, but glad I have it in mine.

If I were choosing my first? Pirates. Without having played it, It looks very impressive: beautiful, innovative, deep, and is a game that will likely last in a collection. Don't hold back because of concerns of how many movie clips are in It. The theme integration is enough from what we've already seen. It' also a pirate theme; which is awesome.

Even though I recommend JJPOTC, I also recommend playing a game before buying it.
Also, There are distributors that have games in stock. Just call around. Enjoy!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

The Pirates of the Caribbean: This one seems to have the best theme for my kids. My oldest daughter's favorite films are the Pirates movies. I also really like the look of the playfield. However, I was very disappointed to learn that this new machine will not have any video clips showing actors' faces. It also has no callouts from, say, Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom or Geoffrey Rush. Also, it does not have the original theme song from the original score...bummer.

This blows the deal for me and no Keira knightley ??

Quoted from SwimLaw:

The Hobbit: The Hobbit films are some of my favorite, but my wife and kids are not as big of fans as I am. This one looks like a great game too, but I am concerned about how barren the playfield looks. In essence I like the look of the machine and the HD screen clips better than the WOZ, but the field looks a little barren.

I play Hobbit at arcade . Not floating my JJP boat .

Quoted from SwimLaw:

WOZ: Really like the playfield and the fun look of the game in general. I really like the HD video clips. But, the theme itself (i.e., the Wizard of Oz) is less than ideal for my kids who (quite frankly) have never seen the film or myself who was never a big fan of the movie. But, the playfield looks awesome.

This theme is Iconic .

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have them watch the movie then get the WOZ.

It is a classic and you and your family should like it .

Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

WOZ: The best JJP pin so far. Not my favorite theme, but not a terrible theme (like DI). Very cool playfield layout. Very cool features. Love the 2 out lanes. Love the upper playfields. Seems to draw in the wives and kiddos. A very strong first effort.

(WOZ 2.0 RR is the way to Go) . And it holds its value . Good luck.

#53 6 years ago

Dialed In

#54 6 years ago

pm sent
Pincades
Chicagoland JJP Dist.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

WOW! Tons of good feedback for someone who is new. Thanks! (Had I known the pinball community was so awesome I would have done this long ago. )
To answer your questions, I live in Utah about 30 minutes North of Salt Lake. I have been trying to find a dealer with JJP pins in stock, but I haven't found one yet. Seems like the closest is Denver or Las Vegas. I guess the wife and I could make the trip to Vegas, but breaking away for a weekend is a lot with 4 younger kids still in the home (like, usually a major event ).
I really appreciate all the good feedback. Seems like the Hobbit can be a real hit or miss for some people. It seems you either love it a ton...or you don't. It appears I really need to play the Hobbit first before that one is considered. Probably best to keep that one as potentially a "second" machine until I find a way to play it.
A lot of people seem to like dialed in too. I hadn't considered that one because I didn't understand the theme, but I will take another look based on these recommendations. However, I am still not leaning towards it -- mainly because of the theme which I still don't entirely understand.
Seems like most people like the Wizard of Oz and most everyone also thinks that the POTC will be a fantastic pin once it is all put together. Both are on backorder right now on JJP's website. So I guess the question is, do I preorder the one that most think will be fantastic, but is a bit of a gamble? Or, do I preorder the one that everyone seems to think is already a fantastic game? Hard choice mainly only because (like I said) my oldest daughter is a HUGE Pirates and Johnny Depp fan.
Decisions..decisions...but you guys are awesome! (Seriously, I really appreciate all the feedback.)
Thanks!

Automated Services has TH and WOZ in stock ready to ship. Just got a WOZ 75th from them this week, great game. Also pre-ordered a POTC LE from them.

#56 6 years ago

Click the pin map on this site and find a place near you to place the JJP games. Pirates will be out next month, but for now you can find another place to play all 3. Might require some driving from your location, but they all play very differently so you have to be the judge on what you like. Also, meet some friends in your area that may have games. You gain a friend and get to play some other games. Most people have their location turned on so you see what owners have in their collection and where they live (approx.) welcome to madness we call our hobby.

#57 6 years ago

Based on your situation, buy a home use only Hobbit for $6500 or less if you want one soon otherwise wait and get POTC. But keep in mind Hobbit can be quite intense for the younger ones.

Also keep in mind that if you are new to the hobby and will only have one pin then all JJP games are loads of fun.

#58 6 years ago

Kids LOVE the Dialed In!!!

IMG_7266 (resized).PNGIMG_7266 (resized).PNG

#59 6 years ago

I would go with Woz but, for me at least partly due to the movie being one of my favorites growing up.

#60 6 years ago

If you feel like driving 4-5 hrs, you’re more than welcome to come out to play their current ones. I’ve got WOZrr, DIce, and THle...and I’d recommend playing them all before pulling the trigger. They all play so differently, but like you’ve pointed out, they’ve all got their pluses (and minuses). Personally, I love the variety between them all. PM me if you’re interested in making your way out, and we can set something up.

#61 6 years ago

My take on all four, listed by date of production:

------------------------

WOZ - Great pin almost over-packed with features

- GAMEPLAY & DESIGN: This game plays wonderful and has awesome toys. The mini-playfields are neat and fun! My only criticism as that this game feels very crowded with its 5 flippers and two mini playfields. I feel like it's a congested Twilight Zone when I play it.

- THEME: It is based on a solid (yet dated) theme. If your kids haven't seen the movie, have them watch it. JJP did a good job of incorporating the theme into this game better than almost any pinball machine. It 'feels' 100% like WOZ.

- CRITICISM: The only issue I see with this game is maintenance and the packed feeling, if ether is a concern. The game has so much in it that it often has maintenance issues. If you're good at fixing pins, this won't be an issue at all.

------------------------

HOBBIT - Best pin for kids - slower play with longer ball times

- GAMEPLAY & DESIGN: This game plays wonderfully, but you must like a game that is on the easier side and offers longer ball times. This is the one pinball machine that I would argue that offers an amazing experience instead of a fast-paced pinball game. Remember that the playfield has a lot of pop-up characters, and the drop targets are utilised well. The side flipper does not have a ramp, but it is still integrated. The open playfield is nice.

- THEME: As with WOZ, they nailed the theme well. You get awe-inspiring call-outs, and the visuals are absolutely stunning. I would argue that this is the best looking pinball machine on the planet, hands down. I was almost lulled into buying it based on that alone.

- CRITICISM: I absolutely love to play this game when I see it routed, but I would not buy it for my collection based on the slower play and long ball times. I have heard from many others that the immersion in the game wears thin after a while. That being said, I do not have children and have heard that kids love it the most because it is awe-inspiring and on the easy side.

------------------------

DIALED-IN - Best all-around pin for pinheads

- GAMEPLAY & DESIGN: Having owned most of Lawlor's most famous titles, this is the culmination of all of them, all the good, none of the bad. I would argue that this is currently the best designed pinball machine ever made, for pinheads, that is. The quantum theatre is the absolute coolest, most functional toy ever! The bluetooth cell phone part is not integral to the game at all; it is simply a fun gimmick. This game will be tougher for kids, but on the plus side, it will turn them into pinheads if they learn to play it!

- THEME: I have no idea why people criticise this theme. it is SIMPLE! You use your phone to cause disasters in Quantum City. Yes, that is right: YOU cause the havoc on the city and get points for doing so. You charge your phone, shoot the phone and cause various disasters. Pretty simple. This theme is really fun and involves all sorts of characters from the city. The emojis and selfies are from 'Crazy Bob,' who sells cell phones in the city. Bob is presented through cheesy 'ads' and the game even responds negatively to his cheesiness. It's funny and far from annoying. That being said, the theme requires more imagination than the other themes. Children will be more familiar with TH for sure.

- CRITICISM: The only thing I can offer is that if you want a license, this is not a licensed game. To me, that is a plus, not a criticism. The more games we get like this, the more money that can go toward design. Oh, and making the trap door visible would have been cool.

------------------------

JJPOTC - The unknown

- GAMEPLAY & DESIGN: The moving mini-playfield looks fun, and the spinning center wheel looks very cool. I watched a video on the designer, and he seems to be a top-notch pick by Jack. the catapult looks cool as well, and the playfield doesn't look overly packed. It appears that this game is going to have the deepest ruleset in pinball history, and I think this could become somewhat of a new standard: never the same game twice.

- THEME: I'm not a "stick a movie star in front of your face" fan, nor am I much of a fan of re-themed pins. Also, without star call-outs, I'd argue that they should have went with a different license. In my opinion, they're missing too much of the puzzle here. However, the game looks nice, and they did a good job in giving the ol' pirate feel, arrr!

- CRITICISM: Only by looking at the videos, this game's design doesn't look like it will have lastability. It looks fun, but not enough for me to seriously think about purchasing it.

------------------------

CONCLUSION: I'd say that WOZ is right in the middle. If I had kids and don't mind the crowded playfield that may need a little extra maintanence, I'd hit the used market for one. If my kids don't play that much and I like to take my time with pinball, I would get the absolutely stunning Hobbit. If I want to go with design and playability, with hopes of sharpening up my skills, I would go with DI (my personal choice). If I absolutely love pirates and want to stare at Jonny Depp every time I turn on my very expensive toy (no bias here at all..) and can forgo some licencing issues, I'd wait for JJPOTC.

#62 6 years ago

DI is a game you just have to play. POTC looks nice and has lots of features but no telling how well it will play at this point. My concern would be if it's just a huge mash of features and code that don't necessarily gel well together. At that price range, I would want a proven great game and not just a pretty face. DI has it all. I had the chance to play one a little while ago. I couldn't stop playing it and found it far more fun to play than all the other new games lined up next to it. I thought it did a good job explaining what to shot for and gameplay always felt exciting. That said, not sure it is worth $9000. At least you get some amazing features for that price unlike some other pins that jack up prices and remove features.

#63 6 years ago

Playing them is the key for sure .... especially when you’re spending this kind of money. Add a poll to your thread and let people vote for a better visual from the pinball peeps.

#64 6 years ago

No contest at this point. Dialed In would be the best choice.

I've played Hobbit and it's boring as hell. Perhaps the code will get better. When I played it, I played forever, got the high score, and started the wizard mode. To be fair, extra balls were enabled and I got alot of them. Still, I played it and really didn't enjoy it. The layout was ok, but seemed not well utilized. I recall focusing on the ramps and drop targets.

WoZ. It's a decent game, but just doesn't grab me. I'll admit the theme does nothing for me, but if a game is great (see Dialed In I can over look the theme. I've played it many times in private collections, so I've been able to really experience it and I find it rather slow and not engaging.

Dialed In. We played Dialed In at the Allentown show. None of us were expecting it to be that great. It had alot of "new" pinball competition - Aerosmith, Aliens, Batman 66, Houdini and AFM remake were all at the show and playable. By far, the best playing game was Dialed In. Everyone I talked to loved the game. In fact, two local collectors have bought one since that show. I've put a fair amount of time on the game. The flow is fantastic. The build quality is outstanding, it really makes Stern Premiums look pretty bad by comparison. The rules and gameplay are outstanding and the code is still being developed!

While I didn't like the theme at first, I've grown to appreciate it. Really it's about stopping disasters and using the special phone. There is even a story line explained on the display during attract mode. The "gimmick" is used really well and makes for a great party game. When the game starts taking pictures, people are laughing and enjoying them selves. The graphics on the screen are outstanding -- way, way, way better than the crappy "flash" style Aerosmith animations. JJP has made me a fan with this game.

Pirates is too early, I'd hold off on that and play it when it's released.

Good luck!

#65 6 years ago

The thing I’m concerned with/don’t about pirates that I don’t see mentioned much is too much randomness being brought into the gameplay. While the features are indeed innovative and cool, the concentric spinning rings and rocking boat are going to randomly change the trajectory of the ball VERY close to the flippers. This takes away from the longevity and staying power of a pin... too much luck involved vs skill.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

- THEME: I have no idea why people criticise this theme. it is SIMPLE! You use your phone to cause disasters in Quantum City

Quoted from TwilightZone:

Really it's about stopping disasters and using the special phone.

Glad to see the easy-to-get-theme debate is settled

#67 6 years ago

How does one go about becoming a swim lawyer and what does a swim lawyer do all day?

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Id get a Hobbit or a Pirates, great time to buy a Hobbit right now, prices are quite low used Id play it for a year or two and then sell and get pirates if it turns out great.
Woz, is a very clunky game, and of course the theme and sounds are well.. woz... easily their worst game.
Di shoots great! But again theme is bad, sounds and modes are kind of annoying too.. Crazy!
Hobbit is the only one that is all around great, fun game, once you take the time to learn the rules they are very deep and really fun game to play. Not to mention an amazing sound and art package.
Pirates, looks great! I love the theme too, but want to give it a flip before I bought one, and realistically you wont get one until mid next year if you ordered one now.

I really want a Hobbit but I have a feeling that the sell prices are going to continue to go down when the 2nd generation of owners go to sell. I don't want to buy one and then have a hard time selling it without a substantial loss. I think I'll wait a year or so and see where prices are...

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The thing I’m concerned with/don’t about pirates that I don’t see mentioned much is too much randomness being brought into the gameplay. While the features are indeed innovative and cool, the concentric spinning rings and rocking boat are going to randomly change the trajectory of the ball VERY close to the flippers. This takes away from the longevity and staying power of a pin... too much luck involved vs skill.

I think Eric Muenier stated that a user might be able to hit a target or another to left lean or right lean the ship playfield, instead of random rocking. I believe he stated that it is something he thought about but I am not sure if it was implemented.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How does one go about becoming a swim lawyer and what does a swim lawyer do all day?

That obvious? I am a lawyer who likes to swim. I know I know...I have no creativity.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

If you feel like driving 4-5 hrs, you’re more than welcome to come out to play their current ones. I’ve got WOZrr, DIce, and THle...and I’d recommend playing them all before pulling the trigger. They all play so differently, but like you’ve pointed out, they’ve all got their pluses (and minuses). Personally, I love the variety between them all. PM me if you’re interested in making your way out, and we can set something up.

Thanks, Wyopin, I might take you up on this!

#72 6 years ago

Wow, thank you to everyone who has replied. You guys are great!

#73 6 years ago

I'll second some of the calls for you to play Dialed In. I really wasn't sure about the game due to the theme, but after some time with it, it definitely starts to grow on you. It's also just a GREAT game. My family loves it, and I couldn't be happier with my choice.

#74 6 years ago

UGH this dang thread!!!!! Damn you all! Now I want a Dialed In!!!!! ARGH

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

UGH this dang thread!!!!! Damn you all! Now I want a Dialed In!!!!! ARGH

Dialed in. You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )

#76 6 years ago

If I were you I would get a Dialed In. Man, I wish I were you.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I really want a Hobbit but I have a feeling that the sell prices are going to continue to go down when the 2nd generation of owners go to sell. I don't want to buy one and then have a hard time selling it without a substantial loss. I think I'll wait a year or so and see where prices are...

I actually think the opposite will happen. Generally these games cycle,

-Release - hyped up, games sell lots of people buy without playing or limited playing. Or just like new games
-A year or so later those who bought but don't like it (since no game us for everyone) go to sell usually lots availible or the guys who want the newest title sell to buy that
-2nd gen buyers usually have played the game more and know if they like it so it will last longer in their collection, or the guys who were just holding off to save money buy, usually at this time pinside hate is the highest, and quite a few pop up so prices are usually their lowest
-then for 3rd gen buyers usually there will be less availible and the price starts going up - usually because of price increases on new games and improved code, and people have more play time and appreciation for the games good qualities

Look at woz - a year ago you could get a le for 6500ish, now low to mid 7k. I think hobbit is at its low point and as more people put time on it and learn all the good points it has to offer and as code improves will become more desirable and value will creep up.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed in. You'll be glad you did.
LTG : )

Dial in too me for your next JJP Game.
Pincades
Chicago land JJP Dist.
Jesse T
219-924-(PINS)
phone
219-808-6063
phone or text

#79 6 years ago

I would think Dialed In. It has a bit of everything in one package with great flow. I never seem to get bored of it.

#80 6 years ago

You can't go wrong with Any JJP we played Woz, hobbit and dialed in at Dave and busters, kids all wanted to play the hobbit at first and we all had fun and thought we were buying a hobbit pin. Went back a second time and the kids completely lost interest but kept going back to dialed in. The kids are 8, 12,and 16. And while they rarely agree on anything we all had a blast playing dialed in. I got hooked on walking dead and game of thrones. And while I had only planned on getting 1 we bought 3.... don't say your only going to get 1 that's what I thought and have already bought 3 and have a pre order deposit on a Attack from Mars, and waiting for Toy story....what an awesome hobby!

Take the time to play them all, it will make all the difference in the world....our first JJP is going to be dialed in!

Good luck would hate to be in your shoes, 1 pin will soon Turn to more lol, have fun and share your experience once you have had a chance to play!

Cheers,

Requis

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

we played Woz, hobbit and dialed in at Dave and busters

Which D&B has all that?

Everytime we go to ours, I just end up dumping $80 into this damn thing!

u93pv4yfldty (resized).jpgu93pv4yfldty (resized).jpg

#82 6 years ago

In my opinion Dialed In is by far the best JJP game I have played . I haven't played pirates yet (and it does look pretty good )so it could be better .

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

That obvious? I am a lawyer who likes to swim. I know I know...I have no creativity.

Probably a better choice than say .... naming yourself cannibalism lawyer

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Which D&B has all that?
Everytime we go to ours, I just end up dumping $80 into this damn thing!

Dave and busters In Vaughan ( Ontario) and the Rec room (barcade) in Toronto...actually two places...what is that machine? I don't recall seeing that...

For the OP make sure if you do get a Hobbit you get the black Arrow edition I was also going to buy the Smaug edition Hobbit as my disti was going to give me a great deal on a 4th new in Box they had in inventory. But when I spoke to JJP tech was told get the Black arrow as some things had changed on the internals...also very sure that it was not an upsell tactic as the information provided was way too detailed in terms of differentiated changes made to the Black Arrow edition. Addin there are much fewer Black Arrows in the wild, making it a somewhat more unique machine.

#85 6 years ago

Diailed In LE!!!
I’ve owned a WOZ, very fun but a little slow for my family, beautiful but slow. Played Dialed In LE this week again ... wow, just wow, I will be ordering one of these soon.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

Dave and busters In Vaughan ( Ontario) and the Rec room (barcade) in Toronto...actually two places...what is that machine? I don't recall seeing that...
For the OP make sure if you do get a Hobbit you get the black Arrow edition I was also going to buy the Smaug edition Hobbit as my disti was going to give me a great deal on a 4th new in Box they had in inventory. But when I spoke to JJP tech was told get the Black arrow as some things had changed on the internals...also very sure that it was not an upsell tactic as the information provided was way too detailed in terms of differentiated changes made to the Black Arrow edition. Addin there are much fewer Black Arrows in the wild, making it a somewhat more unique machine.

No real difference, smaug is so much better looking, stern pros ruined textured black armour for me. The gold vein looks amazing.

The difference is a few early hobbits had a different left ramp that the balls would fall off sometimes, and didnt have those little plastics in the corner of the beast popups. Both are availible from jjp, and both are on later smaugs.

#87 6 years ago

I'm curious of those of you who have played both DI and potc, which one would you prefer and why?

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

WOW! Tons of good feedback for someone who is new. Thanks! (Had I known the pinball community was so awesome I would have done this long ago. )
To answer your questions, I live in Utah about 30 minutes North of Salt Lake. I have been trying to find a dealer with JJP pins in stock, but I haven't found one yet. Seems like the closest is Denver or Las Vegas. I guess the wife and I could make the trip to Vegas, but breaking away for a weekend is a lot with 4 younger kids still in the home (like, usually a major event ).
I really appreciate all the good feedback. Seems like the Hobbit can be a real hit or miss for some people. It seems you either love it a ton...or you don't. It appears I really need to play the Hobbit first before that one is considered. Probably best to keep that one as potentially a "second" machine until I find a way to play it.
A lot of people seem to like dialed in too. I hadn't considered that one because I didn't understand the theme, but I will take another look based on these recommendations. However, I am still not leaning towards it -- mainly because of the theme which I still don't entirely understand.
Seems like most people like the Wizard of Oz and most everyone also thinks that the POTC will be a fantastic pin once it is all put together. Both are on backorder right now on JJP's website. So I guess the question is, do I preorder the one that most think will be fantastic, but is a bit of a gamble? Or, do I preorder the one that everyone seems to think is already a fantastic game? Hard choice mainly only because (like I said) my oldest daughter is a HUGE Pirates and Johnny Depp fan.
Decisions..decisions...but you guys are awesome! (Seriously, I really appreciate all the feedback.)
Thanks!

We always have JJP games in STOCK - maybe a short run without if we sell out but we buy a lot and always work to have inventory like any good distributor should.

We have WOZ, Hobbits, and Dialed Ins in stock... Email Joe at [email protected]

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'm curious of those of you who have played both DI and potc, which one would you prefer and why?

Potc has a long way to go before it plays / is as fun as dile imo... di is a very well designed and coded pin.

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

Wow, thank you to everyone who has replied. You guys are great!

Look up Salt Lake Area Pinballers on facebook. Lots of locals on there. Some have some of the 3 JJP titles you can try out.

#91 6 years ago

Any decision?

5 months later
#92 5 years ago

Does anyone have a recommendation of which version of The Wizard of Oz to buy? The Emerald City seems to be the way to go, but some are favoring RR.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Does anyone have a recommendation of which version of The Wizard of Oz to buy? The Emerald City seems to be the way to go, but some are favoring RR.

RR 75th

#94 5 years ago

For me, ECLE easily. The green fits the machine. The apron finishes it off perfectly. You can add the castle walls. Toto and the tornado aren’t for me.

#95 5 years ago

If you're going used, it all depends what local deals you can get. But To be honest, standard wins in my book for available woz's with 2.0 boards. The RR looks fantastic, but all those mods and it's missing the most important 2 mods for the game; the light up Winky drop target and munchkin cliffy. Standard is all you need for this title with those 2 mods and maybe something to increase light in the center of the pf.

1 week later
#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you're going used, it all depends what local deals you can get. But To be honest, standard wins in my book for available woz's with 2.0 boards. The RR looks fantastic, but all those mods and it's missing the most important 2 mods for the game; the light up Winky drop target and munchkin cliffy. Standard is all you need for this title with those 2 mods and maybe something to increase light in the center of the pf.

Thank you so much my friend! Do you have an opinion the the Emerald City LE?

#97 5 years ago

DI all the way.

Ive had WOZ in my house twice now, and both times I have become bored with it. Feels like chopping wood some times...

DI has a lot going on, but I have not put as much time on it as I have WOZ. I have played maybe 20 games on DI, and loved them all. Fun game.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

You can't go wrong with Any JJP we played Woz, hobbit and dialed in at Dave and busters, kids all wanted to play the hobbit at first and we all had fun and thought we were buying a hobbit pin. Went back a second time and the kids completely lost interest but kept going back to dialed in. The kids are 8, 12,and 16. And while they rarely agree on anything we all had a blast playing dialed in. I got hooked on walking dead and game of thrones. And while I had only planned on getting 1 we bought 3.... don't say your only going to get 1 that's what I thought and have already bought 3 and have a pre order deposit on a Attack from Mars, and waiting for Toy story....what an awesome hobby!
Take the time to play them all, it will make all the difference in the world....our first JJP is going to be dialed in!
Good luck would hate to be in your shoes, 1 pin will soon Turn to more lol, have fun and share your experience once you have had a chance to play!
Cheers,
Requis

Dave & Busters does not have pins at any locations - do you have a different arcade nearby?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from SwimLaw:

I have decided I am going to pull the trigger on a Jersey Jack Pinball machine. I need help deciding which one.....

Sure no problem

Quoted from SwimLaw:

The Hobbit: The Hobbit films are some of my favorite...

Oh jesus, never mind.

DI

1 week later
#100 5 years ago

This thread popped up when I searched for the best JJP to buy. So after reading the thread, the answer is...I don't know. But I'm leaning towards DI...subject to change. Houdini is on the short list too. Played Houdini at VFW - a lot of fun.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-pinball-need-advice-and-direction/page/2?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.