(Topic ID: 137509)

New to Pinball... I'm in love... Now I want one!

By S2005

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by saford
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

patience.gif
20150528_200350.jpg
20150805_194933.jpg
20150720_183646.jpg
20150601_205506.jpg
20150613_202249.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 8 years ago

stargate, jurassic park, judge dredd, demolition man, tales from the crypt. Something like that would probably suit you well if you are in to gaming you likely know all those franchises. If you can check it out in person and maybe try and convince your friend who already owns some pins to tag a long to have a look himself.

#82 8 years ago

Theres also visual pinball to try out games on

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from S2005:

It's pretty unlikely I'm going to take out a loan. I'm pretty excited about being 100% debt free when we pay off our truck (Presently our only debt unless you count monthly bills [Power, Water, Trash, etc])
I've been saving a while now in a separate account for just such a toy. A few months ago, that toy was going to be a new motorcycle. I've owned a few and I miss them, but I just can't see myself on one now. A pinball machine would be a better decision I think. I don't have to insure it... I'm not going to fall off of it and die... It's not very likely someone won't be paying attention and hit me with their car while I'm on it...
We've got quite a bit more than 2000 saved, but I thought it would be a safe starting point, as a lot of the pins we were eyeballing were around that price range... honestly, we pulled that number out of the air... The 2000 was going to be the down payment on a motorcycle, with a 3 year loan to cover the rest in monthly payments. I guess my logic was that I was just getting a different toy.
I'm grateful for your advice. I sincerely am, and I'm probably not going to take out a loan for this toy, I was weighing my options though.
I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do at this point, but I'm strongly leaning toward building my own virtual pin machine... They can be built for much less than $2000. I have a few "spare" computers laying around, and I'm pretty good at building stuff myself... I think that will scratch my itch until I can afford the Star Trek (Stern) and by then it might even drop in price!
In the mean time, I'll still have what I've saved so far, and if a Stargate becomes available, I'll jump on it!

I wouldn't build a virtual pinball machine at this point. I'd just install visual pinball on your existing pc and use that to try out games and get a feel for what you like. That's what I did when I first got in to pinball, I was limited in what I could play on location around here so tried out most games on visual pinball first to get an idea of the rule set and features.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Fort Worth, TX
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-pinball-im-in-love-now-i-want-one?tu=pinmanguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.