Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by snyper2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

Just bought a used Williams 1978 world cup soccer. after bringing it into the basement, plugging in it worked good for about 30 min and then the driver board starting to smoke, that should have been a sign to me.
Called a retired pinball tech and he came out thankfully and repaired the old board.
after a week we started having other issues. always had a smell like it was over heating when we turned it on but it was working fine.
now the issue is the out ball kick, and all the ball ejects are not working. someone else told me to order a new board from rottendog so we did. installed a mpu327 which replaced the original driver board and the cpu board.
still is not working. we need some guidance. I am seriously watching all the videos I can to learn more about this machine but any insight you have would be helpful. thank you

#2 3 months ago

Verify your voltages on the power supply board, especially if it has the original capacitors.

Learn how to use a multimeter so you can do the basic checks. Let us know what you find.

I would check the solenoid fuses, but you have to find the reason the fuse blew.

#3 3 months ago

You'll get better replies on one of the Solid State forums. This is Electro Mechanical.

#4 3 months ago

Yes, you posted under EM tech so not the right pinside thread category to get best replies

#5 3 months ago

Welcome to pinball. They break.

#6 3 months ago

Keep the new board you bought in the game and figure out why the ball ejects are not working. I am guessing you have blown the solenoid fuse. Make certain to replace it with the proper fuse!

If it blows again, you likely have a melted solenoid and will need to order some more parts (new solenoid(s) or call on someone to repair it.

If you are close to me, I can come fix it but you have not listed your location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 279.95
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside