(Topic ID: 228179)

New to pinball and found a machine, can fedex ship them?

By gottliebgameroom

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So I found a machine that I think would work for my game room, but it is 10 hours away and I can't drive that far. I have my own fedex account, so can I ship a pin with fedex?

#2 5 years ago

It's been done before. Some have good luck,some don't.
-Mike

#3 5 years ago

Thanks!

#4 5 years ago

If this is your first machine I wouldn't recommend it, unless it was new in box. Widen your want to buy list a bit, buy something closer. Get to know some of the people in your area.

#5 5 years ago

Can Fedex deliver it for you? Yes, but it's not the best option. Buying a machine 10 hours away may not be the best option either.

There are a few bits of information we could use to help you - Where are you, where is the game, retail or private sale, what is the game?

There are many, many threads here of 1st time buyers having disappointing experiences buying remote. The best 1st game purchase experience is when you see the game live and take it home yourself.

If you share the info above, maybe folks her can help you get the same game closer to home, or help reduce the chance of disappointment on this one.

#6 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I would buy a NIB machine but I'm only into EMs. I'll add more machines to my wanted list. Black_Knight I think I would be okay with buying this one b/c it's so cheap that if it didn't work I could gut it and sell it for parts or sell it as is for more. I'll look more close to home, thanks for the tip!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from gottliebgameroom:

I'll look more close to home,

Where?

#8 5 years ago

If its a cheap EM you are looking for look local. Shipping can easily run $250-400. Why double the cost of a project machine?

Where are you and what are you looking for?

#9 5 years ago

RWH Black_Knight DC-Metro area.

#10 5 years ago

Game is in Minnesota.

#11 5 years ago

Please don't part out games that can be fixed

#12 5 years ago

RWH black_knight DC-Metro area.

Don’t part out a game, if you’re looking to buy that’s the last thing I’d suggest. Not sure why you want to ship this EM, is it the best of the best or something?

I’m glad to see someone who appreciates the classics though!

I’ve got 2 project EMs now that are basket cases and many people, even the Pinball Resource said it might be best to part it out! However they’re both flipping now and are on there way to completion.
EMs are easy to work on if you understand the theory of operation, the only reason they get a bad rap is how annoying it can be to follow the wires to the point of failure.

Look closer, EMs still pop up all the damn time! Facebook marketplace is the best and 90% of them are sold by people who’ve had them sitting forever

#13 5 years ago

My TBL was delivered NIB to me via FedEx. It arrived safely, though they didn't impress me with speed, as according to the tracker application, my game spent nearly a week in my city before it was delivered. There are other options which are probably as good or better.

#14 5 years ago

... buying this one b/c it's so cheap that if it didn't work I could gut it and sell it for parts or sell it as is for more.

It's far more likely to be a scam than a great deal. The odds against you finding an EM you can purchase plus ship for an extra $300 and still turn a profit if it doesn't work are astronomical.

#15 5 years ago

Look at Baltimore craigslist ads, always EM's there.

#16 5 years ago

Reach out to NicoVolta at the Roanoke Pinball museum. He's very enthusiastic about helping others get into pinball.
https://roanokepinball.org (Weird baseball Jersey pop-up there, could be a WordPress infection as of this writing. Email sent)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nics-american-pinball-tour-aka-im-coming-to-fix-your-games

#17 5 years ago

On the off-chance you don't know, there is a marketplace here on pinside. You can search for machines within a certain distance.

It is less of a crap-shoot dealing with Pinsiders then CL randos, in my mind.

#18 5 years ago

I have had that problem as well! My suggestion would be; rent a small U-Haul truck-take the time to drive there and pick it up!If you are young.you can do it in one shot!Take a buddy with you and make a weekend of it! Good luck,drive safe.have fun!!!!

#19 5 years ago

There are tons of games in this area and I'd be more than happy to help you find something locally. Hell I'll even shop it out / clean it up for you and deliver it for a fee.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

There are tons of games in this area and I'd be more than happy to help you find something locally. Hell I'll even shop it out / clean it up for you and deliver it for a fee.

Wow! This is an incredible offer. You’re a good person @darcangeloel. This would make your pin purchase easy and you’d get a game ready to go.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Wow! This is an incredible offer. You’re a good person darcangeloel. This would make your pin purchase easy and you’d get a game ready to go.

Thanks man! I'd much rather do that than see a machine hit the chopping block.

For example, this dude has an EM for $500 I bet he would take less. It seems to need some love but it doesn't look too bad from the pictures. norfolk.craigslist.org link

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-pinball-and-found-a-machine-can-fedex-ship-them?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.