• Latest reply 5 years ago by newmantjn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180517_203542_resized (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180517-095002 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

The bakelite wiper is standard to all Gottlieb wedgehead games except for 1973's Pro Football which usually a special unit with a special wiper. (Actually that probably means ball-launcher games like Big Hit and others also probably used the same or a similar unit) Funny enough though, I actually swapped a Pro Football unit into my OWN Sky Jump and it works fine too.

This made me wonder so I did a little digging through parts catalogs to clarify. It turns out that it isn't far off.

The Ball Count unit wiper on Sky Jump is a B-9998 which was used on many games as far back as '67 King of Diamonds. There are however several other wipers used on Add A Ball and Italian export games. Before 1968 there were Ball Count units, Balls To Play units and Balls Played units which all used different wipers. Starting in 1968 though it looks like most (maybe all?) single player games that weren't Add A Ball or Italian export models used the B-9998 Ball Count unit wiper (including '73 Pro Football BTW).

/Mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-ems-need-help-with-missing-skyjump-parts?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.