(Topic ID: 198234)

New to collecting...please help us pick our first pin!

By dogguyscott

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Best choice for our first pin”

• Attack From Mars Remake LE - NIB 29 votes
    23%
  • Medieval Madness Remake Standard w/ all upgrades - NIB 15 votes
    12%
  • Medieval Madness Remake LE - Used 21 votes
    16%
  • Ghostbusters Premium - NIB 4 votes
    3%
  • Ghostbusters LE - NIB 0 votes
  • The Walking Dead Premium - NIB 14 votes
    11%
  • Hobbit LE - NIB 6 votes
    5%
  • Hobbit Black Arrow - NIB 0 votes
  • Wizard of Oz 75th Anniv. Edition - NIB 39 votes
    30%

(128 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

woz (resized).jpg
IMG_1325 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 6 years ago

Sounds like we have similar tastes. I feel the same as you about AFM shots, even though it's definitely a great game. You put words to the way I often feel when playing it. Having said that and the fact that your vote list was similar to my wishlist here is my take on your future...

1st - MMR LE (or standard... not too different)
2nd - not on your list, but LOTR. Someone else mentioned it and the way you like shots, as long as you like the theme, you'll LOVE this pin.
3rd - TWD Pro or Premium. These can be polarizing because of BG ramp and walker bombs, but you gotta play both and see if you like smooth shots or upgraded rules with walker bombs. Also, TWD is probably my favorite game the last few months (changes of course) but probably not a great pin for first acquisition due to some brutal gameplay until you get the hang of a lot of nudging and such. 1st and 2nd on the list are great to learn on, but deep enough to never leave the collection imho.

Good luck in your journey and welcome...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-to-collectingplease-help-us-pick-our-first-pin?tu=pinzap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.