Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vid1900
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alex TNT.png
    sharpies_ms_pacman.jpg
    shitload of cocks.jpg

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

By now you have seen the first episode of the TNT reality show, All American Arcade:

Todd needs some script ideas to flesh out the show.

-

First we need to assign each cast member a "personality". We need:

A hottie that is the brains behind the whole joint.

A gay guy.

The bigot

The stud

The crazy old man that is actually a genius

The shy guy - 40 year old virgin

The eternal screw up

A homophobe

A nerd or computer hacker

-

I was thinking he could start with these staples:

1. An important client is insisting that a game is finished and delivered in an unreasonable time period. Things of course go wrong and hilarity ensues.

2. There is a mix up at the Tax Board, and the entire business is going up for auction in less than 24 hours.

3. Ongoing battle with neighboring business or competitor.

4. Ongoing crush with one cast member loving an uninterested (or oblivious) member.

5. They are told to bring a game to a Strip Bar. They bring a Playboy and it turns out to be a Gay Strip Bar.

6. Shy cast member delivers game to a hot woman's house, and she wants it installed in an S&M dungeon. Shy guy calls cops when he hears someone is being held hostage - turns out to be a DVD playing in the other room.

7. Idiot cast member buys a super expensive game at an auction - by accident .

8. Old flame shows up, and she turns out to be a world ranked player. Wife is jealous, hires Lyman Sheats to try and make herself a better player.

9. Celebrity visits/installations.

10. Idiot cast member must get covered in mud, kicked in nuts, choke on spicy food or drink a beer with a cigarette butt in it - at least once per episode.

-
    -
    Any other cliche plots you guys can think of?

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

6. Shy cast member delivers game to a hot woman's house,

...and how is she gonna pay for that pizza! LOL

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Any other cliche plots you guys can think of?

Yeah, you could cross it over into another series like The Biggest Loser.

#4 10 years ago

They buy a game from a Columbia gentleman who says hes in "pharmaceuticals".

Once they get it back to the shop they discover that there are 4 huge bricks of white powder stashed inside.

The Nerd wants to call the police, but Todd worries there could be repercussions.

The Stud steals some and goes out on a first date, doing a few lines.

Turns out the Colombian is a legit businessman and the powder is 100% Mannitol.

The Stud massively shits his pants and the date is ruined.

#5 10 years ago

An eccentric old man dies and says in his will that Todd can have his very valuable collection of games in his vault - if he can spend one night in the old man's mansion.

Todd and crew are tormented by a variety of ghosts, and the Studs new girlfriend is found murdered.

Turns out they were all punked by Ben Heck as an publicity stunt for his "American's Most Haunted" game. The Studs girlfriend's body is never found.

#6 10 years ago

These are great!

How about the guys get a call from a little old lady who has a funhouse for sale, but she's not technology savvy and can't send pictures. Its a 6 hour drive where the van breaks down, they get lost, hilarity ensues etc.

They get there and its the old EM version.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

These are great!
    How about the guys get a call from a little old lady who has a Funhouse for sale, but she's not technology savvy and can't send pictures. Its a 6 hour drive where the van breaks down, they get lost, hilarity ensues etc.
    They get there and its the old EM version.

That might be too real for reality TV

I bet that has happened.

#8 10 years ago

I haven't seen this show but I've seen that guy's videos on youtube walking through games. He does a very nice job.

Honestly, there are some strange people and stories in this hobby without having to make them up. Why not let it roll.

#9 10 years ago

You don't remember the real stories of:

- Guy whose wife destroyed all his games after learning he cheated on her
    - Poor guy who moved his LOTR down the street and fell out of his car (I still shiver over those pics)
    - Countless shipping accidents
    - Container supposed to be filled with pins and something else was in there
    - Pinball machine catching fire stories
    - Pinball barn finds
    - Pinball accidents with shattered playfield glass (wasn't tempered)
    - Hobbyists who buy and sell every month a new game
    etc etc etc

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

You don't remember the real stories of:
    - Guy whose wife destroyed all his games after learning he cheated on her
    - Poor guy who moved his LOTR down the street and fell out of his car (I still shiver over those pics)
    - Countless shipping accidents
    - Container supposed to be filled with pins and something else was in there
    - Pinball machine catching fire stories
    - Pinball barn finds
    - Pinball accidents with shattered playfield glass (wasn't tempered)
    - Hobbyists who buy and sell every month a new game
    etc etc etc

Yes, this hobby is full of stories, but none of the above stuff will appeal to Joe Blow watching Bravo.

ALL reality TV (except Cops) is a script that is written to have a "situation" that is "resolved" by the end of the show.

=

Reality Show Pawn Shop:

Customer: Hello, I have Christopher Columbus' compass that he discovered the New World with. What will you give me for it?

Actor in Pawn Shop: Let me get Dr Edward Fitzgerald from the New York Antiquities Museum to take 4 hours out of his busy day to come down here and authenticate it. It looks expensive and we love to haggle and pay big money for rare antiques.

-

Real Pawn Shop:

Customer: Hello, I have Christopher Columbus' compass that he discovered the New World with. What will you give me for it?

Real Pawn Shop Owner: Get the Fnck out of here with your bullshit, or I'll pop you in the mouth, junkie.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I haven't seen this show

Take a look at episode 1 in the first post in this thread.

#12 10 years ago

Why not have them pick up a pinball machine and when they get it back to the shop they find a stash of cash inside - $20K. (Based on a true story) The show continues with the moral dilemma what do they do - return it or keep it.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Why not have them pick up a pinball machine and when they get it back to the shop they find a stash of cash inside - $20K. (Based on a true story) The show continues with the moral dilemma what do they do - return it or keep it.

Now your thinkin' drama!

#14 10 years ago

They could have an episode where Slutty (she is the tatted up hottie that runs the place) calls all the guys over to look at her computer, and what they find is that on Pinside somebody has started a thread ripping the show to shreds. Comedy ensues as they each take turns responding.

#15 10 years ago

Every reality show has a stupid character on it. In this case, we can have Stupid Guy go check out an Elvis pin, but it turns out to be Alive!!

#16 10 years ago

Vid, are you saying that Reality shows aren't really reality?

Say it ain't so!!

Your pawn shop analogy is spot on! Dudes just happen to walk in off the street with rare civil war stuff and the owner just happens to be standing there "dusting the shelves" ... Lol

Yet millions think it's all "as it happens"!

WTF! How stupid are some people. Wait ... Don't answer that ....

rd

#17 10 years ago

A nun wants a pin removed from her convent, but when the guys open it up back at the shop, it's full of rubber cocks.

The guys argue if they should tell the head nun or not, and just before they tell her, it turns out that there is a mix up; the game actually belongs to the stupid guy's grandmother - and she wants it back before bedtime.

shitload of cocks.jpgshitload of cocks.jpg

#18 10 years ago

I think I might like to meat her.

#19 10 years ago

Sorry, I couldn't make it through. Back to watching ancient aliens.

#20 10 years ago

You need a... script... for a... reality show?

I see.

#21 10 years ago

Episode 37: After complaints from various employees, Todd shops for a bra.

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A nun wants a pin removed from her convent, but when the guys open it up back at the shop, it's full of rubber cocks.
    The guys argue if they should tell the head nun or not, and just before they tell her, it turns out that there is a mix up; the game actually belongs to the stupid guy's grandmother - and she wants it back before bedtime.

shitload of cocks.jpg 43 KB

Hahaha!!!!!

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darkslide632:

You need a... script... for a... reality show?
    I see.

How else could a guy roll a Civil War cannon into a pawn shop?

Or a marching band "practicing" on a beach where you are trying to sleep?

Or a broad get a "recording contract" for winning a glorified talent show, even though she is already signed to the same label?

Or a Superman Action Comic #1 be sitting in the middle of an abandoned storage unit otherwise filled with modern newspaper bundles?

Or a bounty hunter decides not take in a guy he captures, just to see "if the guy can get his shit straight"?

Or the same exact taxi cab number manages to pick each and every "fired" employee for 12 weeks straight?

Or.....

#24 10 years ago

cute gurls
    cute women

thats all

#25 10 years ago

wait, was that a reality show, or a reallllly long infomercial to plug his business?

#26 10 years ago

it could be '' how to push pinballs from a rooftop '', oh wait.....

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Bulk rubber cocks = epic reality show win!!

rd.

#28 10 years ago

Quoted from vid1900: Reality Show Pawn Shop:
    Actor in Pawn Shop: Let me get Dr Edward Fitzgerald from the New York Antiquities Museum to take 4 hours out of his busy day to come down here and authenticate it. It looks expensive and we love to haggle and pay big money for rare antiques.
    -
    Real Pawn Shop:
    Real Pawn Shop Owner: Get the Fnck out of here with your bullshit, or I'll pop you in the mouth, junkie.

Holy Crap I laughed at that.

#29 10 years ago

Hosted by Christopher Walken!

#30 10 years ago

An exact double of Todd (no relation) randomly enters the store. Hillarity follows.....................

An exact double of Todd (long lost half-brother) enters the store with nefarious plans. Hillarity follows..............

An exact double of Todd (never before mentioned twin) enters the store requesting help. Hillarity follows............

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

Also, the money is haunted.

#32 10 years ago

Todd's videos are my favorite. He has a great personality for the videos and can hold my attention when displaying a pin or arcade game. Thanks for the link.

#33 10 years ago

Actually watching the entire video on my train commute to work. Takes a lot to keep my attention too.

#34 10 years ago

When the sun goes down and the moon comes out our Todd Tuckey's alter ego appears! He turns into...Todd Tushy! The cross dressing transvestite stripper who dances for cash to by broken pinball machines he can fix up during the day at his shop.

Mayhem abounds when the team learns of Todd's midnight escapades!

Duhn duhn duhn duhn. Duhn duhn duhn duhn duhhhhhhnnnnn!

#35 10 years ago

Two words

Frank Furhter

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Two words
    Frank Furhter

A guest appearance with ff in a ski mask would be Epic (in the truest sense of the word).

It would be worthy of an announcement of an announcement.

#37 10 years ago

Story premise...

Todd comes back from a relaxing family vacation only to go CRAZY when he learns that his trusted video camera wielding sidekick Frank, has just sold off his favorite, prized and most valuable machine for a box full of...MOVIE POSTERS!!!

STORY:

Todd enters the store...

(Todd)...I'mmmm baackkk!!!

(Miss Boobsly the Hott secretary)...Heyyyy!!!! How was vacation!?

(Todd)...It was great Miss Boobsly! Just what I needed! I feel ready and raring to go!

(Miss Boobsly)...Oh, that's just great Todd! Glad to hear.

(Todd)...So, how'd we do while I was gone Miss Boobsly? The guys sell anything?

(Miss Boobsly)...It was a very slow week, but Frankie made a really big sale! He's out back.

Todd enters the back work area....
    As he enters a stunned look comes over his face as he notices that his all time favorite machine isn't in the spot where it always is, right as you enter the repair area.

(Todd-With worried/sick look on his face)...Frank!!!

(Frankie-Pops up from behind a Sea Wolf he's working on)...Oh, hey Todd! Welcome back! How was vacation?

(Todd)...Frank, where's my (Machine Name)?

(Frankie)...Oh yeah, great news! I sold it the other day to a great conversationalist named Michael Joe.

(Todd)...What!!!? For how much!!!?

(Frankie)...Oh, you're gonna love this! (Frankie goes behind counter to retrieve small box)

(Frankie continues)...Look! I really tucked it to that guy Todd. I traded the (Machine name) for these "original" movie posters! Look!

(Todd)...WHAT!!!??? You sold my (Machine name) for these stupid movie posters!!!??? You know what that machine was worth!!!???

Todd turns and starts to walk away.

(Frankie)...Wait! Look, they're in perfect condition! They're folded and everything!

(Todd)...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

(Todd walks out, beet red with his hands over his face murmuring)...Boy, I feel like this has happened before. Like Dejavu.

#38 10 years ago

Todd says THIS is now the format.

Better editing, that's for sure...

#39 10 years ago

Kendra........

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Better editing, that's for sure

agreed, but Todd is still an over-actor (how about being real instead of playing up to the camera), leave the goofing off to your younger employees. Also, if they name-dropped any more celebrities they'd have a hole in their warehouse floor.

And is this seriously how they do the art, using sharpie markers?
    sharpies_ms_pacman.jpgsharpies_ms_pacman.jpg

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

agreed, but Todd is still an over-actor (how about being real instead of playing up to the camera)

Todd is the biggest ham in the world.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

And is this seriously how they do the art, using sharpie markers?

TNT does not "re manufacturer" games.

They make them look presentable and out the door they go.

Watch some of their videos where they do touch up with a brush....

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

agreed, but Todd is still an over-actor (how about being real instead of playing up to the camera), leave the goofing off to your younger employees.

I honestly don't think he's overacting. This is the way he is in real life. At least the times I have interacted with him he was just like he is int he videos.

Chris

#43 10 years ago

Watching that latest video while on a conference call.

I guess you guys are all busting and making fun. But I like his videos and find them informative while being entertaining at the same time. His mugging for the camera amuses me and my wife also enjoys when I watch them too.

#44 10 years ago

So good

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

» YouTube video
    Todd says THIS is now the format.
    Better editing, that's for sure...

That looks like gold.

All the key elements ... Family arguing, big boobs, loud mouths ....

Looks like a winner!!

rd.

#46 10 years ago

That last video was entertaining and campy.

#47 10 years ago

Agreed. Looks like a reality producer got in there and gave them direction, microphones and a better editor.

I don't agree that the ham bone be left to the younger employees. Todd is running circles around them personality wise except for maybe Wallace and Alex.

Speaking of Alex, is she for "real" or a reality plant? First thing prospective companies will tell you is to add the hottness. I think we would have seen her all over the TNT homemade long version posted in the OP

I think I am the only one that likes GTB Vari-Targets? I am surprised that there aren't more Bondo filled ones.

Alex TNT.pngAlex TNT.png
    #48 10 years ago

They look real to me.

#49 10 years ago

Boy does Alice have outstanding Tits !

#50 10 years ago

Given the way a certain competitor takes potshots at TNT, maybe a tongue-in-cheek response would be appropriate.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tnt-reality-show-script-ideas-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.