bracket installed.jpg
rick_and_morty_installed-sml.jpg
mando-2.jpg
bracket1.jpg
bracket2.jpg
Dlx_Tibetan_Breeze_Box_contents-sml.jpg
gloss-box-sample.gif
#1 1 year ago

What initially started as a version of Tibetan Breeze coil cooling that would work on pins that had very tight clearances (like JJP) has evolved into a new product offering for ALL pins.

Tibetan Breeze:ZEN is a completely new bracket and fan system that improves on what I’ve learned over the past three years with the Tibetan Breeze products and delivers a stronger, quieter, more harmonious flipper cooling option. It does NOT replace the existing Tibetan Breeze kits – they will still be available. It will offer a solution for all the JJP games that couldn’t have correctly-installed at-coil cooling but also offer an OPTION for all the other pins that could have the standard Tibetan Breeze cooling, but owners want to upgrade to the absolute best. BOTH systems eliminate flipper fade. The advantage of the ZEN product is it’s quieter, has slightly better coil coverage end-to-end, and looks like it was always meant to be part of the flipper plate since it mounts TO the flipper plate in place of the EOS switch stand on B/W machines and on the EOS switch stub on Spike machines. It also sports a completely new system to connect flipper return springs that will make you wonder why you suffered so long with the closed holes you had to unwind the end of the spring to attach.

The new kit comes in a slightly larger deluxe box with a magnetically secured lid, and includes a microfiber cloth to eliminate any installation fingerprints on the polished stainless steel brackets. There are two versions of the bracket – one style for Bally/Williams style flipper plates seen in JJP/CGC/Spooky/Dutch and others and the Stern Spike style. They are not interchangeable due to the way the flipper plates are on each family of machine.

These have been in development and testing with various pinsiders since summer 2021 as I worked through various revisions (any of the testers, thanks for keeping wraps on this, and feel free to talk about the product if you wish). They’ve been tested in machines from all the above mentioned manufacturers and are ready to be released. I will be opening orders this week on pinmonk.com and they will start shipping the 2nd or 3rd week in November.

New Box exterior
gloss-box-sample.gifgloss-box-sample.gif

Tibetan Breeze:ZEN contents (B/W style brackets version)
Dlx_Tibetan_Breeze_Box_contents-sml.jpgDlx_Tibetan_Breeze_Box_contents-sml.jpg

Here are installation pictures with the brackets in various machines:

JJP
bracket1.jpgbracket1.jpg

JJP
bracket2.jpgbracket2.jpg

Mandalorian
mando-2.jpgmando-2.jpg

Rick and Morty
rick_and_morty_installed-sml.jpgrick_and_morty_installed-sml.jpg

Cactus Canyon
bracket installed.jpgbracket installed.jpg

Jersey Jack Pirates of the Caribbean
PotC Metal Tibetan Breeze.jpgPotC Metal Tibetan Breeze.jpg

#2 1 year ago

You sell for Lebowski and for Alien (PB version) on your website/store now? Or do I need to wait till November? Thx.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You sell for Lebowski and for Alien (PB version) on your website/store now? Or do I need to wait till November? Thx.

These will be available to order for Lebowski this week and shipping in Nov since I already have the special power harness for that machine worked out and it's been tested with the new brackets in the field.

Alien I need confirmation that the new version is using Bally/Williams flipper plates. I posted in the Alien thread to see if I could get a photo, but nothing so far. The original Alien run, I'll probably have to make an adapter plate because of their weird custom-for-no-reason flipper plates. So at least the original Alien run will be a bit longer, the new Alien ones may be good to go, I just need a picture of the flipper plates to verify they are B/W now.

1 week later
#4 1 year ago

The new Tibetan Breeze:ZEN kits are now up in the pinside pinmonk store (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk) and pinmonk.com now. Spooky, Spike, JJP, CGC, and Big Lebowski versions.

Still trying to nail down flipper plate details on Alien (new run) to see about supporting that, and an American Pinball kit is in the works as well. Some have asked, but Multimorphic is not possible without a completely different design due to the way they do their flippers.

1 month later
#5 1 year ago

The new Tibetan Breeze ZEN kits that have been ordered will start shipping next Wednesday the 14th if the last parts shipment isn't held up in customs. Everything's here and ready to go once the last component of the kit arrives. Looking forward to getting these out to you.

Also, there will soon be a ZEN kit for Legends of Valhalla owners. Testing the plug and play power harness now.

#6 1 year ago

Do you think you can make it work on my Hyperball?

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Do you think you can make it work on my Hyperball?

Hyperball already has a blower-style industrial fan to attempt to keep the coil from melting, but as you know it doesn't really help that much because of the way it's mounted.

If I currently had a Hyperball to test on (I have had it a number of times, but don't have one at the moment), I could probably come up with a solution that mounted to the moving coil so it could cool better...but I don't have a Hyperball at the moment.

#8 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback! Can I do something (measure)?
Let me know! Would be great to work something out

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thanks for the feedback! Can I do something (measure)?
Let me know! Would be great to work something out

I have done things like that remotely with domestic users, but for international it would be essentially impossible, because of the time/cost/trial/error of sending things to try internationally that may not work as expected or need many revisions. I appreciate your willing spirit, but it would be too hard due to the distance. However, I'll keep it in mind if I run across another hyperball. I saved parts from the last one I had, so maybe I haven't given up on the idea of having another one in the future.

3 weeks later
#10 1 year ago

Looking forward to it!

Quoted from PinMonk:

However, I'll keep it in mind if I run across another hyperball. I saved parts from the last one I had, so maybe I haven't given up on the idea of having another one in the future.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tibetan-breezezen-for-jjp-cgc-spooky-pinball-bros-flipper-cooling and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.