(Topic ID: 179980)

New theme for pin: Beastie Boys 'No Sleep Till Brooklyn' pinball?

By wtuttle

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by wtuttle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grandroyal mag 4 (resized).jpg
    BBS (resized).jpg
    a13ae3e42c6f6f0ff58771978ce3939d (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Any takers?

I think this would be a cool theme.

'Check your head' when you drain;
    'Fight for your Right' multiball;
    'Sabotage' for something--the guitar riff would pump a player up like 'SHOWTIME' in 'Addam's Family';
    Go 'Intergalactic' in the pop bumpers or a crazy ramp;
    'Paul's Boutique' could be an area on the playfield;
    Mix-Master Mike could be a DJ battle or something. Maybe feature 'Nathaniel Hornblower' as an Easter egg or hidden feature to unlock?

To the Five Burroughs could be a level pyramid, eventually ending up in Brooklyn.

Just some initial thoughts--I'm sure there are some more creative folk than I out there. What say ye?

I know that as a unit the BBoys are quite 'anti-licensing' (MCA's will forbid song-use in advertising), but perhaps the surviving members enjoy pinball? Adam Horowitz (Ad-Rock) is a real estate developer in Brooklyn, after all. Surely he's played a bit of pin.

a13ae3e42c6f6f0ff58771978ce3939d (resized).jpga13ae3e42c6f6f0ff58771978ce3939d (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I've said a Beasties Pin for years would be wicked

Sabotage Multiball nice and loud

#3 7 years ago

Mix master Mike records spinning like whirlwind spinners would be perfect. Drop targets for miked, adrock, MCA. Knock all down for 3mcs no DJ bonus.

#4 7 years ago

Wizard mode for acting out the Paul Revere story in order

#5 7 years ago

5 boroughs pop bumpers

#6 7 years ago

Multi ball egg raid on mojo

#7 7 years ago

Gratitude ball save

#8 7 years ago

Let's just say that the Beastie Boys did play pinball when working on Paul's Boutique ...

BBS (resized).jpgBBS (resized).jpg

And don't forget Grand Royal Magazine #4 from the Beasties that also had 2 articles about pinball.

grandroyal mag 4 (resized).jpggrandroyal mag 4 (resized).jpg

You're not the first to suggest https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/beastie-boys-pin
    I would be all in on this too !!!

#9 7 years ago

I still listen to Paul's Boutique.......

#10 7 years ago

just pends if for location or homes. all about who you want to market to and play it. any person under 30 wont get into it, but sure, people in their 40's+ may buy for the house.
    not a location earner by any means if its in a fam environment. well, the dads may play it, but not the kids or teens or 20's., to old and not current.

#11 7 years ago

Thanks for the input, fellas.

#12 7 years ago

When I had Metallica pro, I switched the sparky multiball song to beastie boys' sabatoge. It was a good hectic song to play pinball to.

#13 7 years ago

I would SERIOUSLY consider a Beastie Boys pin as my first NIB.

#14 7 years ago

I'm in....our introduction as man and wife at our reception party was intergalactic. It put our friends into a frenzie and set the tone for the night. Love me some beasties.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

just pends if for location or homes. all about who you want to market to and play it. any person under 30 wont get into it, but sure, people in their 40's+ may buy for the house.
    not a location earner by any means if its in a fam environment. well, the dads may play it, but not the kids or teens or 20's., to old and not current.

I think it would have the same amount of draw on location as other band pins Stern has made. Don't discount the large number of Beastie Boys fans out there.

As mentioned, a 'Paul Revere' progression would be pretty cool.

I'd be a buyer if it was a good player.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

I still listen to Paul's Boutique.......

Who doesn't?

Bring on the Grand Royal LE

#17 7 years ago

I'm sure it would be way better than that jetsons's pin that just came out.

#18 7 years ago

It takes time to build. Love the beasties. Gotta have Biz Markie on there somewhere too.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from silver_spinner:

So in other words, it might skew too young for a pinball theme these days?

#22 7 years ago

I'd like it. I think they have a lot of songs that would work well with pinball.

#23 7 years ago

Yes please!

#24 7 years ago

I find it funny how people think Beastie's aren't current enough, when stern just released Aerosmith.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stubbs:

I find it funny how people think Beastie's aren't current enough, when stern just released Aerosmith.

Indeed. As far as I am concerned, Aerosmith haven't had a song with radio play since 1998 when they had their one #1 with that song from Armageddon. 19 years. And the pin seems to feature songs that are 40-ish years old.
    That said, I'm interested in playing it for the actual pinball, but certainly not for the theme.

#26 7 years ago

I wrote this bit of corniness

"Pin-Ball Revere"

Now here's a little story I've got to tell
    About three pinballers you know so well
    It started way back in history
    With Henry Williams, Sam Stern, and Alvin Gottlieb
    Been had a little horsy Pin-Ball Revere
    Just me some wax and Novus I smear
    Old pin games I sand, cleaning rubber bands
    Operators on my tail cause I'm in demand
    One lonely Pin-head I be
    Sittin in an arcade without nobody
    The sun is beating down on my flipper shaft
    The coils gettin' hot, the profit's going flat
    Lookin' for a girl I ran into a guy
    His name is Gary Stern, I said, "Howdy" he said, "Hi"
    He told a pinball story that sounded well rehearsed
    Decline of pinball games, and operators are the worst
    Tokens were in my hand and he was on my tip
    His skin was tan, his hair was gray he was a f-ing trip
    He said, "Can I get some?"
    I said, "You can't get none!"
    Had a chance to run
    He pulled out his soldering gun
    He was quick on the draw I thought Pinball was dead
    He put the tool to my head and this is what he said,
    "Now my name is Gary Stern I've got pinball licenses to kill!
    It's think you know what time it is, it's time to get tilt!
    Now what do we have here, a gamer and his gear?
    I run this land, you understand I make myself clear!"
    We stepped into the wind he had his balls, I had a grin
    You think Pinball is over but it's ready to begin.

To be continued one day...

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stubbs:

Truer words have never been spoken...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-theme-for-pin-beastie-boys-no-sleep-till-brooklyn-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.