20170405_174218.jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-6 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-5 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-4 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-3 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-2 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-1 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

We have produced a 9 piece reproduction plastic set of easy break pieces for Stern The Sopranos containing the most commonly broken and hard to find plastics on this pinball game.

The artwork is professionally printed on the reverse side of the plastics with a gloss white protection coating, and then laser cut for beautifully smooth edges. The art was completely restored for an exceptionally high quality print and done to Stern’s exact resolution in order to blend in perfectly.

The set contains:

- Left and right sling bottoms
- Left and right clear “duck” slings
- Shooter lane plastic
- 2 additional common break shields

Quality is our top priority, unlike other reproduction plastics which have terrible printing and washed out colors. Let the photos speak for themselves!

We ship worldwide and they are available now from our site here:

http://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/the-sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-mini-kit/

But for Pinside members only we can offer an additional 5% discount by using the coupon code PINSIDEPLASTIC at the checkout.

We have other plastic sets available and will be producing more games in future

Pete
Retro Refurbs

sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-1 (resized).jpgsopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-1 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-2 (resized).jpgsopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-2 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-3 (resized).jpgsopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-3 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-4 (resized).jpgsopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-4 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-5 (resized).jpgsopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-5 (resized).jpg
sopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-6 (resized).jpgsopranos-pinball-plastic-set-flipper-6 (resized).jpg

#3 7 years ago

Wow so excited to see this........... oh wait, $115 with shipping for 1 plastics I need.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Wow so excited to see this........... oh wait, $115 with shipping for 1 plastics I need.

You can make your own plastic if you so choose, however the full plastic kit is not $500 on eBay....

When you get yours let me know! I'm wanting one too but want to make sure it is all good

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Which piece do you need? I can't separate as we get them made in sets on a big sheet but if you tell me what you're looking for I can get 1 extra of those put on the sheet for the next print and cut.

I will always try to help people if I can, but for things like slings and inlanes I would recommend replacing them as a pair so they both match.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm wanting one too but want to make sure it is all good

If you look up the RoboCop plastics topic you can see plenty of feedback on our sets there. We only make the best quality stuff.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#7 7 years ago

I don't own or even care for this game but it's great to see this company produce these. I have yet to purchase anything from Refurbs but I've only heard good things about them ! I know a local operator who has 2 sopranos and will let him know these are now available!

#8 7 years ago

One of the hardest to find sets to find ever! Thank you!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

One of the hardest to find sets to find ever! Thank you!

Now we need some Time Fantasy plastics. PM sent to Retro.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Now we need some Time Fantasy plastics. PM sent to Retro.

Yes we will make them for you. Replied to your message.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#11 7 years ago

I would think the plastic in front of the fish is the most broken. I would order a couple of those if available.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I would think the plastic in front of the fish is the most broken. I would order a couple of those if available.

Was working on my sopranos today.

That piece (long), the safe one (in the kit), and the pieces on the pop bumpers. If we could add more I'll get those too. The full kit is no where but eBay for $500 :/

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

This is a good deal overall.
Stern only sold full sets and the only one on ebay is $500!
I'm in the market for a full set of just slings though...
I may get yourl set though to repair 2 customers games combined though.

#14 7 years ago

Just got mine...they look outstanding. My long piece broke in shipment though...

20170405_174218.jpg20170405_174218.jpg

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just got mine...they look outstanding. My long piece broke in shipment though...

Oh no! Send me an email and we'll get you fixed up with a replacement.

Pleased you like them otherwise though.

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

Oh no! Send me an email and we'll get you fixed up with a replacement.
Pleased you like them otherwise though.
Pete
Retro Refurbs

They look great. Kept the bottom left sling original, changed the broken right side...you can't tell which one is stock. Nice job!

#17 7 years ago

Anybody want to purchase individual plastics they need for Sopranos? I only needed right green sling. LMK

....Left green sling gone.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Anybody want to purchase individual plastics they need for Sopranos? I only needed right green sling. LMK

Still interested in the boat dock plastic if anyone has

1 week later
#19 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

What do you have for sale? Price for the plastics you have still as I just ordered a set but I have 2 sopranos

1 week later
#20 6 years ago

Awesome. Just placed an order for these. It seems every Sopranos I see has issues with broken plastics in one way or another. On my machine, every single one of these plastics is busted, haha. It'll be nice to spruce it up with new ones.

3 weeks later
#21 6 years ago

Well, a week and a half on with the replacement kit, and I already have a broken plastic.

image(1) (resized).jpgimage(1) (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

1 month later
#22 6 years ago

Are these sets still available?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Well, a week and a half on with the replacement kit, and I already have a broken plastic.

Any word from the makers? Almost seems like they are using a thin plexi? So it cracks easier/faster then the oem stuff used.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Are these sets still available?

Yes, they will always be available. We are currently waiting on the next batch to arrive, should be within 10 days.

Quoted from northvibe:

Any word from the makers? Almost seems like they are using a thin plexi? So it cracks easier/faster then the oem stuff used.

The material is stronger than OEM but this is a common breaking point. I think it's to do with the way the posts are aligned on the slings, plus if they are overtightened it can cause extra stress on the plastic. Looking at the photo above, he has a washer installed and the breaking point looks like it was behind the post.

This is the first I've heard of any of our new plastics breaking and we've sold hundreds of our various sets.

#25 6 years ago

Ahh good point on tightening.

Ok well thank you for posting. I still need my set. Just need to get the sopranos back in so I can see what else is needed.

#26 6 years ago

I bought these and then added pinbits protectors...had to protect the investment. They are so hard to find and pricey.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I bought these and then added pinbits protectors...had to protect the investment. They are so hard to find and pricey.

did you go clear on the pinbits?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ahh good point on tightening.
Ok well thank you for posting. I still need my set. Just need to get the sopranos back in so I can see what else is needed.

Mine is absolutely not too tight. That said, you definitely want to make sure you're personally not overdoing it. If you go for the kit, just make sure you have the PinBits protectors first.

On a side note, you may also want to ask the seller to pack the things more appropriately too. This is how mine arrived, in a bubble envelope with the pieces taped together sloppily. $20 for shipping.

20170518_074446 (resized).jpg20170518_074446 (resized).jpg

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Mine is absolutely not too tight. That said, you definitely want to make sure you're personally not overdoing it. If you go for the kit, just make sure you have the PinBits protectors first.
On a side note, you may also want to ask the seller to pack the things more appropriately too. This is how mine arrived, in a bubble envelope with the pieces taped together sloppily. $20 for shipping.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the packing, we will try to do better. I believed we were doing better packing than most other people, certainly from what I've seen when ordering plastics, they usually just show up in a bag stuffed in an envelope.

By sandwhiching them between 2 thick pieces of cardboard, and then padded with bubble wrap envelope, it would offer the better protection. I assume they arrived in good condition though?

If you have suggestions on how we can improve the packing of plastics, please put them forward and I will take this into consideration.

Just waiting on the next batch of Sopranos plastics to come in and I will send you a replacement sling. Even though it has broken on the game I'm happy to help you out. Left side is it?

Pete
Retro Refurbs

#30 6 years ago

Ya since plastics are protected on both sides, I don't see a packing issue with it shipped between cardboard. I have bought a handful of plastic sets from stern and they ship with them in a big bag, inside a box.

#32 6 years ago

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the packing, we will try to do better. I believed we were doing better packing than most other people, certainly from what I've seen when ordering plastics, they usually just show up in a bag stuffed in an envelope. By sandwhiching them between 2 thick pieces of cardboard, and then padded with bubble wrap envelope, it would offer the better protection. I assume they arrived in good condition though? If you have suggestions on how we can improve the packing of plastics, please put them forward and I will take this into consideration.

Hi Pete - Thanks for the response.

Ultimately my issue with the shipping was the price--Having ordered a bunch of stuff from the UK, $20 seems high for something this light in a bubble envelope. Have you checked to see what your options would be like when it comes to shipping in a box with some bubble wrap?

As far as the original shipping method, one of the issues I had was getting the plastics apart. There was a *lot* of tape used to keep them in place, but it was difficult to get off and I felt like I was running the risk of snapping the plastics in the process. If you are going to continue shipping them with this method, is it possible to use larger cardboard pieces and a bigger envelope? This would allow you to keep the pieces off one another as opposed to partially stacking them like with what you see in my photo. If you can keep each piece 100% flat, not stacked, I don't think you need to tape the pieces down. Just sandwich them between the cardboard, then tape the cardboard together like how you are already doing. That saves you the trouble of taping individual pieces down, and it saves the buyer the trouble of getting them apart without potentially breaking something.

Just waiting on the next batch of Sopranos plastics to come in and I will send you a replacement sling. Even though it has broken on the game I'm happy to help you out. Left side is it?
Pete
Retro Refurbs

I'll be happy to take you up on your offer. Left side, lower plastic. Thank you.

7 months later
#33 6 years ago

Hi Pete.
Can I just get this plastic.....yellow arrow?
Thanks!

640b2cef5c002e0785e163e6f4815749f62ba5ef (resized).jpg640b2cef5c002e0785e163e6f4815749f62ba5ef (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-the-sopranos-plastic-set-mini-kit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.