Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Chrisbee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

post your questions here.

Lets keep the hangout to non tech..

thoughts
    --Jeff

#2 10 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

post your questions here.
    Lets keep the hangout to non tech..
    thoughts
    --Jeff

I agree,^^ keep this for section for the repair help needed/wanted.
    Too bad this isn't in the Em hangout subcategory too that way its inline with the hangout section.
    One thing i would change,as it pertains to us is if we could hand pick the scattered em pieces and drop them all within the em section and keep it all altogether. maybe a future fix?

#3 10 years ago

^^^

yup, my vote is to move this under the em banner...

agreed... i wonder if robin would trust us with that much power?

1 week later
    #4 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

^^^ i wonder if robin would trust us with that much power?

I dont see a problem with it.

#5 10 years ago

How come my EMs don't always fix themselves?

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How come my EMs don't always fix themselves

Are you sure? ........ Sometimes they do!

#7 10 years ago

What do you want miracles.

#8 10 years ago

New (too me) Roller Coaster - 1971 Gottlieb.

Was working perfectly until I replaced all the bulbs.....must have hit a switch somewhere.

Machine starts up fine....zero's out the score and then immediately starts racking up 10pts at a time endlessly.....?

I took a look at all the shots (switches) that score 10pts (I think) but didn't see anything.

I could even post up the wiring schematic if that would help.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I took a look at all the shots (switches) that score 10pts (I think) but didn't see anything.

You are the right track, a switch like behind a rubber. You may of bent it to closely when changing a bulb next to it. Been there done that.

#10 10 years ago

Yeah, check all the switches that give 10 points. Oh, you did that.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

like behind a rubber. You may of bent it Been there done that.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, check all the switches that give 10 points. Oh, you did that.

Well I think I did.....they are not all labeled very cleary....I might have a few more to check.

#13 10 years ago

Concur- its a stuck switch. Likely a sling. Could be on a relay but I doubt it given what you did prior to the issue arising-

And with reference to EM fixing themselves!

THEY DO_!

I had a super spin running for a year or more that knocked on coin drop, I was convinced it was supposed to.. then I moved it 5 ft, and it no longer knocks on coin drop... turns out it was NEVER SUPPOSED TO. I moved it, and it fixed itself- PROOF!

#14 10 years ago

Just a thought- rather than looking, why not turn on the game with the plastics up and find the switch thats arcing? One other thought/question... is it JUST the score thats moving, cause if it was a stuck sling switch it aught to be activating the slingshot coil continuously... so me thinks maybe its behind a something like a rubber sling or a stand up target or something that does nothing but activate a score... without a an action associated- e.g. its not a lower play field powered sling- its not a pop bumper, etc.... its something that only scores and does nothing else. That aught to be down to just a very few components on the upper play field given its scoring 10. Like maybe 2 or 3 switches total on most games

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from rufessor:

Just a thought- rather than looking, why not turn on the game with the plastics up and find the switch thats arcing? One other thought/question... is it JUST the score thats moving, cause if it was a stuck sling switch it aught to be activating the slingshot coil continuously... so me thinks maybe its behind a something like a rubber sling or a stand up target or something that does nothing but activate a score... without a an action associated- e.g. its not a lower play field powered sling- its not a pop bumper, etc.... its something that only scores and does nothing else. That aught to be down to just a very few components on the upper play field given its scoring 10. Like maybe 2 or 3 switches total on most games

Very insightful, thanks.

And yes....just the 10pts going....nothing else firing. So I should be able to see this switch arcing? Do I have to start a game and get the 10pt scoring going or just simply turn on the machine to see this?

#16 10 years ago

Yes, start a game, remove the ball. Look from the playfield side first. Then lift the playfield and check again. You should see the arcing. If you think that is has been firing to long, just switch off the pin. Let it cool. Then turn the pin back on. Hopefully this should work. You can muffle the chimes with a towel, that may help to. Good Luck.

#17 10 years ago

Okay.....whatever I'm doing, I'M DOING IT WRONG.

Now I turn it on and the main "Motor Switch" wheel in the bottom of the cab just spins non stop. The score does not reset. I also noticed that Relay 13E No.J, coil A-489, "scan relay" on the underside of the playfield is also ticking away non stop......that's all it does.

- Totally Lost

#18 10 years ago

Do you know what the "Scan Relay" is for? Is it for the rotating arm target on the playfield?
    Is this relay, similar to the one used for the match feature?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Do you know what the "Scan Relay" is for? Is it for the rotating arm target on the playfield?
    Is this relay, similar to the one used for the match feature?

Not sure what the relay does. There is however an identical scan relay in the backbox as well (it's not running though).

#20 10 years ago

Not much progress on this.

found two blown fuses and thought I was on to something......but no.

It starts up, backbox lights up. Push start and you here the sounds as if it was zeroing out the scores. The lower playfield does light up after pushing start but the ball is not kicked into the shooter lane and the playfield (and flippers) are dead except for three shots. All three that do activate are related to the center scoring arrow and also to the same "scan relay" underneath the playfield.

6 months later
    #21 9 years ago

Okay....so I took a break from this (a long one) and took a look at it for the first time last night.

Made a little progress. The game now appears to start up and reset properly. Kicks a ball into play and I can play all 5 balls and then the game ends.

But.......the scoring is ALL out of whack. Not one thing appears to score correctly. So far it all looks pretty random to me (With everything scoring WAY too many points). I roll the reels several times in one game. I'm getting thousands instead of 100's etc. Even hitting the same target twice does not appear to register the same amount of points each time.....they seem to escalate.

#22 9 years ago

I just notice something tonight........player 2 is scoring perfectly! So it's only player 1 that is messed up.

1 month later
    #23 9 years ago

Did you get your issue resolved?
    The only time I had random scoring issues was a relay bank I guess shifted loose. The kind held in place with wingnuts. Loosened wingnuts & put it back in place, tightened wingnuts & all good. This was on a KoD
    Hope this helps!!

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Did you get your issue resolved?
    The only time I had random scoring issues was a relay bank I guess shifted loose. The kind held in place with wingnuts. Loosened wingnuts & put it back in place, tightened wingnuts & all good. This was on a KoD
    Hope this helps!!

Thanks...I'll look into that because so far I have not tracked down the cause.

1 week later
    #25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

Too bad this isn't in the Em hangout subcategory too that way its inline with the hangout section.

Cool now it is,^^been away for awhile and its paired with em hangout.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pin-it:

One thing i would change,as it pertains to us is if we could hand pick the scattered em pieces and drop them all within the em section and keep it all altogether.

I can move topics to different sub forms, just let me know when you find them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-tech-em-queue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.