View topic image gallery

grouch-marx-eyebrows-o.gif
TPF.jpg
TPFshirts.jpg
image.jpg
730.gif
710.gif
TheRevolutionaryP3.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

I'm really excited to show off the 2015 P3 t-shirt artwork I commissioned from comics artist, Ryan Claytor! Ryan and I have been working together for some time now, and we're excited to finally share our design.

Pricing: $20 for sizes S-XL or $25 for sizes 2XL-5XL. If you'll be attending the Texas Pinball Festival this month, you can pick yours up in person at the Multimorphic booth while enjoying a game on our new P3 MFG prototype. Otherwise, you can order from our website:

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/t-shirts

The illustration is printed on a heather grey shirt made from 100% ring-spun cotton fabric (very soft)
Disclaimer: Image shown is an approximation and colors may vary slightly.

Thanks for your support of the P3 platform, Multimorphic, Inc., and helping move pinball into uncharted territory. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Take care, Pinsiders, and I hope to see you at TPF!

- Gerry Stellenberg
Multimorphic, Inc.
http://www.multimorphic.com

TheRevolutionaryP3.jpgTheRevolutionaryP3.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Bad ass.. Are these the shirts you were "contesting" away in the other thread?

#3 9 years ago

Good choice using Ryan for your Tshirt. He does great work...

#5 9 years ago

AAAAWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#6 9 years ago

Proving again that Claytor needs to be hired to make a playfield for some indie pin!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Proving again that Claytor needs to be hired to make a playfield for some indie pin!

He is certainly the go-to guy for pinball T-Shirts of late.

Really like all of his designs. I'm getting to the point where I have an entire closet full of his shirts...

#8 9 years ago

Very cool, Ryan!

Rory

#9 9 years ago

Nice looking shirt!
Great work ( again ) Ryan!

Ordering one now.

#10 9 years ago

Thanks, Zitt!

Quoted from Zitt:

Are these the shirts you were "contesting" away in the other thread?

Mr. Stellenberg will have to weigh in on this. I have no idea. From what I gather, he's nutty-busy with P3 preparations this month, but knowing his track record you'll probably have a response pretty darn soon.

Quoted from pmWolf:

Good choice using Ryan for your Tshirt. He does great work...

Aaaawww...hearts.

Quoted from Borygard:

AAAAWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

TTTTTTHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNKKKKKKSSSSSS, RRRRRRROOOOOOBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!1111
High praise from a recent client!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-classics-2014-t-shirt-expo-delivery

Quoted from marcand:

Wows. *DREAM-JOB!!!* Thanks for the kind words, BCGG!!

Quoted from pmWolf:

I'm getting to the point where I have an entire closet full of his shirts...

My motivation for creating all these shirts was to give you the gift of a better wardrobe.

-----------------------------------

In all seriousness, wow, thanks for the warm reception regarding this shirt design. This was a tough one for me because the more you get to know Gerry's product, the more there is to get excited about! It's easy to tout the P3's multitude of innovative features in a diatribe to a buddy, but it's an entirely different animal to distill that information into a succinct T-shirt image AND make it interesting enough to wear. So, all joking aside, your positive feedback here is truly appreciated.

Next, I want to thank Gerry for trusting me to design an image to represent his new pinball platform. In the process of better familiarizing myself with the P3, I signed a NDA with Multimorphic and while I won't disclose everything Gerry told me during these informational sessions, I will say that the P3 is unequivocally, hands-down, THE product in pinball I am MOST excited about. This is not being said to butter-up a client. Our business relationship has come to a close and I really have nothing more to gain from saying this. I'm sincerely excited to be a very small part of the P3's debut.

Finally, I'd just like to reiterate what a pleasure it was working with Gerry on this project. Every forum post you've seen him respond to, every seminar you've seen him give, every Multimorphic update he writes is the same level-headed, intelligent, determined, open-minded, honest and practical guy I've had the pleasure of working with behind the scenes. It's a wonder there aren't more people fawning over these developmental P3 threads. I can only imagine there will be once the product is released in greater quantity and folks get to experience it first-hand.

Best of luck moving forward into production and changing the industry as we know it, Gerry!!!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from RCernuda:

Very cool, Ryan!
Rory

Thanks, Rory!

Quoted from joelreeves:

Nice looking shirt!
Great work ( again ) Ryan!

Really appreciate the sentiments, Joel!

Quoted from joelreeves:

Ordering one now.

Wow...the ultimate compliment.

You all are too kind,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#12 9 years ago

Great shirt, also very excited about the P3!

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Bad ass.. Are these the shirts you were "contesting" away in the other thread?

They are indeed. I haven't even forgotten that you won one!

- Gerry

#14 9 years ago

Ryan, thank you so much for the kinds words. Excitement for our products is our primary driver, and hearing this type of feedback makes us proud to have brought the P3 to its current state and excited to see it through to production. We're getting really close now. People can play our MFG prototype at SXSW this weekend and at TPF 2 weeks later. The next step after that is having our CM build our pre-production machines, and that will mark an official end to the enormous and unprecedented engineering effort it took to develop the P3 platform.

To everybody else, I feel as lucky to have had Ryan design this artwork as he appears to have felt connecting with Multimorphic and the P3. Like most of Pinside, I've seen all of Ryan's previous pinball designs (I even own one of them), and I've been anxious to have him design one for us for a while. His clients always seem to gush over his creativity and professionalism, and I'm doing the same.

Ryan is the type of guy to whom you can describe a basic idea or concept (or in the case of the P3, just confirm that his understanding of it is correct) and who can take care of all of the details between flushing out that concept and delivering printed shirts. He's incredibly creative while also being extremely open to feedback. His goal throughout the project was to make sure the final design exceeded my expectations, and he succeeded. He then worked directly with the printer to fine-tune their process to make sure the shirts would print as expected. In other words, he took care of everything.

Given everything else involved with trying to deliver a revolutionary product, it was a huge and welcome relief to see Ryan take the reigns on this project and work it through to completion, and I can't thank him enough. I also can't wait to work with him again!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wows. *DREAM-JOB!!!* Thanks for the kind words, BCGG!!

Now if only we could find an innovative pinball platform for which 3rd party design teams are encouraged to design game kits <clears throat> Ryan, if we had the funding, we'd hire you instantly. In the meantime, maybe somebody in the community has been itching to design a playfield and has the means to hire a brilliant artist. If so, they should definitely contact both of us so we can figure out how to put a P3 game development team together.

- Gerry

#15 9 years ago

Bump for a good cause.

Wanted to order one T-shirt, and ended up on the Paypal page, which calculated a cost for delivery for France of... $35.

$55 for a T-shirt?
I am no Macklemore...

#16 9 years ago

Dude... A Ryan Claytor drawn pin... Might cause me to break my 'no preorder' rule. Even if it's another Stallone pin but this time centered around Cobra or Over the Top, I'm in.

#17 9 years ago

Nice! Definitely stopping to see Gerry at TPF to get a shirt and play some Lexi.

#18 9 years ago

Brilliant artwork Ryan - you've managed to capture the key P3 points on one T-shirt - very impressive!!

#19 9 years ago

I'm just wondring how much time goes into designing one of these shirts?

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Dude... A Ryan Claytor drawn pin... Might cause me to break my 'no preorder' rule. Even if it's another Stallone pin but this time centered around Cobra or Over the Top, I'm in.

"When I turn my hat around...it's like I'm flipping a switch."

.....man, Over the Top. How did that movie not win an Oscar??

In any case, why not a dual-themed Over the Top/Cobra pin? You could split it, kind of like Stern's Transformers.

Mixed rulesets...so when you go to arm wrestle Bull, you can switch to Cobra and shoot him in the face instead.

Then...explosions.

(P3...when you use this idea, I expect a cut).

Pete

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Bump for a good cause.
Wanted to order one T-shirt, and ended up on the Paypal page, which calculated a cost for delivery for France of... $35.
$55 for a T-shirt?
I am no Macklemore...

Oh gosh - terribly sorry about that. Our site is set up primarily for board sales, and we ship all boards internationally using Priority International, which has fortunately *never* resulted in an issue (knock on wood).

Jean-Louis, if you want to paypal the shirt cost directly to [email protected] and tell me your shirt size, I'll ship one to you for free.

Any other international customers interested in buying only a t-shirt can also issue paypal payments directly. Just please add $10 to the cost of the shirt for shipping.

- Gerry

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Jean-Louis, if you want to paypal the shirt cost directly to [email protected] and tell me your shirt size, I'll ship one to you for free.

Really Cool! Much appreciated
Payment sent...

#24 9 years ago

These look great- that flaming ball/bumper inset is awesome!

Gerry- will you have these on sale at SXSW?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Gerry- will you have these on sale at SXSW?

Sorry to report that these will NOT be available in time for SXSW this weekend. I thought there might be a REMOTE possibility of that happening (sometimes I'll catch my printer in a lull and they'll have a crazy-fast turn-around time). Unfortunately this was not one of those times. TPF for sure, though!!!

#26 9 years ago

Great to hear! Thanks, solarvalue.

Quoted from solarvalue:

...also very excited about the P3!

Even better!!!

Quoted from Zitt:

Awesome!

Quoted from jlm33:

Bump for a good cause.

Bump appreciation dance:

Quoted from callmesteam:

Dude... A Ryan Claytor drawn pin... Might cause me to break my 'no preorder' rule.

*LOL* Oh, man. That's become a named-rule now?

Regardless, gracias for the kind words, Don. Keep up the great work with The Pinball Podcast, and happy 51st to you and your podcasting life-partner, Jeff!!!

Quoted from mjfisher:

Brilliant artwork Ryan - you've managed to capture the key P3 points on one T-shirt - very impressive!!

That comment means a lot, mjfisher. Sincerely.

Quoted from pmWolf:

.....man, Over the Top. How did that movie not win an Oscar??

730.gif730.gif

Quoted from Rock914:

Ryan is the man!

Ha-ha! Back atchya, Rock!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/by-far-the-best-under-cabinet-led-kit

Quoted from Law:

These look great- that flaming ball/bumper inset is awesome!

Glad you're diggin' it, Law!

Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Nice! Definitely stopping to see Gerry at TPF to get a shirt and play some Lexi.

I am not speaking lightly when I say that Lexi needs to be a requisite stop if you're attending TPF. Here's how my naive perception of the P3 went over the past three Chicago Pinball Expos:

2012: Oh, that's nice. Gerry made a cute little asteroids pinball machine, but it looks like he forgot to bring his backbox. NEXT!

2013: Okay, Gerry brought his backbox this time and now there's a MASSIVE COLOR INTERACTIVE display for a playfield. Well, I guess if it's good enough for Dennis Nordman, I'll give it a flip.

2014: 710.gif710.gif Complete mind-splosion. Display 75% done. Rules 75% done. Game is freakin' fast, crazy-fun, and INTUITIVE! Instead of static blinky inserts, there were text instructions and arrows that CHANGED based on rulesets and achievements. I've never been so sure of what I'm supposed to do when I first stepped up to a pin. Not to mention that there have been updates upon updates (user profiles, user-based difficulty settings, start button cancellations, customizable tournament modes, cooperative play settings, completed MFG prototype, playfield artwork, to name but a few!!!) even after the showing at Expo, many of which have been based on user feedback(!??!). CRIKEY, I want to play this P3 MFG prototype at TPF so badly. Maybe next year TPF will be big enough that their radius will expand up to Michigan.

All this to say, make the P3 a priority play at TPF. I cannot stress this enough.

Also...

Quoted from jlm33:

$55 for a T-shirt?
I am no Macklemore...

Oh gosh - terribly sorry about that. Our site is set up primarily for board sales, and we ship all boards internationally using Priority International, which has fortunately *never* resulted in an issue (knock on wood).
Any other international customers interested in buying only a t-shirt can also issue paypal payments directly. Just please add $10 to the cost of the shirt for shipping.
- Gerry

Quoted from jlm33:

Really Cool! Much appreciated
Payment sent...

Man...cool, indeed. Go, Gerry.

Quoted from dannunz:

I'm just wondring how much time goes into designing one of these shirts?

There are a lot of factors: complexity of the job, response time of client, my work load (I'm also a Professor, an event organizer [the Director of the Michigan State University Comics Forum], and a daddy.), however I typically request a month or two to work with a client, but in a pinch I can turn around a job in a couple weeks. I've been lucky because for most of my pinball illustration work, folks have thought far in advance about their project and given me ample lead time to complete it. If you're interested in what the process looks like, you can see an example here: http://www.elephanteater.com/10334

Finally, I'd quote Gerry's typically thoughtful and intelligent response above, but I wouldn't know where to start. I think it's safe to say we have a mutual admiration society here. Contributing art to a P3 game would be a dream come true. Here's hoping the stars align one day. In the meantime, keep doin' what you do, Gerry.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#27 9 years ago

Nice post Ryan, but I think your timeline of the P3 at Expo above should read 2012, 2013, 2014.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Nice post Ryan, but I think your timeline of the P3 at Expo above should read 2012, 2013, 2014.

Ha-ha! You are so much right, solarvalue. Post edited.

Many thanks,
Ryan

#29 9 years ago

Any chance these might be run in any different colors or a women's cut? My wife inquired.

#30 9 years ago

cool shirt once again Ryan and Gerry and if this is the contest shirt even sweeter, that makes 5 Ryan design shirts to the collection.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Any chance these might be run in any different colors or a women's cut? My wife inquired.

Hi Law,

Sorry, we didn't do alternate colors or women's cuts this time, but Gerry does have sizes S-5X available. If by some chance Gerry blows through these at TPF and we re-order, we'll be sure to contact you to make sure we print a women's size appropriate for your wife.

Quoted from swinks:

cool shirt once again Ryan and Gerry and if this is the contest shirt even sweeter, that makes 5 Ryan design shirts to the collection.

Quoted from Zitt:

Sounds like your wardrobe is starting to look a lot like mine, Swinks!

#32 9 years ago

Bump.. for a great guy with great artwork..(and a great pinball machine too

#33 9 years ago

...and thanks to a great supporter of great work.

Another quick bit of news; the shirts have been printed and are on their way to Austin. These beauties should arrive in PLENTY of time for TPF. I sooo wish I could be at the big show. Will someone PLEASE report back about the latest state of the P3? Would love to hear some first-hand opinions on the new MFG prototype!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#34 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Guess what I just picked up yesterday! Now I'm proudly wearing green today. Gerry, the shipment of your shirts should arrive tomorrow.

Happy St. Patricks Day,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

#35 9 years ago

great shirt

#36 9 years ago

The t-shirts are here! We'll have them at TPF; so please come by and pick one up.

Orders received online will be shipped immediately following TPF. Thanks for your patience and support!

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/t-shirts

- Gerry

#37 9 years ago

TPFshirts.jpgTPFshirts.jpg

Just a weekend bump to this thread. These shirts are in the Multimorphic TPF booth! (Photos courtesy of labnip.)

TPF.jpgTPF.jpg

#38 9 years ago

Very cool shirt design guys. Now we need some new P-Roc shirts for next expo

2 weeks later
#39 8 years ago

So, Ryan- since you're making shirts for people that play pinball, any chance we could get a couple with designs on the back?

PS: Shirt's great! The colors are even better in person than they looked in your initial post.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Shirt's great! The colors are even better in person than they looked in your initial post.

Thanks a bunch, Law! Much appreciated

Quoted from Law:

any chance we could get a couple with designs on the back?

This is a topic which comes up occasionally. My thoughts on front or back print is that a print on the front of a shirt is a more active design (other people see it and can start a conversation about it because your face is right above the design), whereas a back print is a more passive design (someone may see it for a moment when passing by you in a bank of games, but they're not likely to walk around you to start a conversation about what's on the back of your shirt).

Those are my personal feelings and how I try to steer my clients, because I think they get more bang for their promotional buck with a front print. However, if you contact one of my clients or me (I'm usually the one coordinating the printing) during our pre-order process, we can usually accomodate special print requests (i.e. one shirt for you with a back-print). However, after the shirts have been printed, there's not much we can do (unless, of course, there is a sell-out and re-order...which has happened before).

Hope that helps, Law. Thanks for asking!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

#41 8 years ago

The big positive for pinball shirts with back prints is that when people are playing pinball their back becomes a literal billboard. So it is a unique pinball thing. Also if they appear on papa tv that back image is front And center.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The big positive for pinball shirts with back prints is that when people are playing pinball their back becomes a literal billboard.

That's what I was trying to get at but I don't think that came across as well in my post. Every other pinball shirt I've purchased or seen (Local pinball spots, league shirts, PAPA shirts, project pinball shirts, older p3 shirts, Stern, etc.) has a small breast logo and a much, much larger design on the back. This contrasts with most concert or event-type shirts I own which usually have the primary art on the front.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

any chance we could get a couple with designs on the back?

Also to clarify there- by "a couple", I meant a couple future T-shirt designs. Obviously the current ones have already been printed so you'd just have to wear them backwards if you *really* wanted to. Thanks for the insight as well, Ryan. I like the active vs. passive angle a lot and definitely agree that the front logo is generally a much better conversation starter in most cases.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

Also to clarify there- by "a couple", I meant a couple future T-shirt designs. Obviously the current ones have already been printed so you'd just have to wear them backwards if you *really* wanted to. Thanks for the insight as well, Ryan. I like the active vs. passive angle a lot and definitely agree that the front logo is generally a much better conversation starter in most cases.

I would love to see future T-shirt designs in this style, as well: breast logo, big back logo. For whatever reason, I feel silly with the big logo on front.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

This is a topic which comes up occasionally. My thoughts on front or back print is that a print on the front of a shirt is a more active design (other people see it and can start a conversation about it because your face is right above the design), whereas a back print is a more passive design (someone may see it for a moment when passing by you in a bank of games, but they're not likely to walk around you to start a conversation about what's on the back of your shirt).
Those are my personal feelings and how I try to steer my clients, because I think they get more bang for their promotional buck with a front print

I had quite a few P3 conversations pop up at TPF because of this excellent shirt!

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I had quite a few P3 conversations pop up at TPF because of this excellent shirt!

Great to hear!

I was in Michgan for TPF, but wore my P3 shirt on Saturday of the show anyway. Ha-ha! When checking out at the grocery store that afternoon, the kid ringing-up me up and bagging my food kept staring at my chest. (My cleavage is not that impressive, so I knew it must have been my shirt illustration.) I didn't want to push a product on him, so I just let him continue looking. Finally, he complimented me on what a cool shirt I was wearing. Instant conversation in!

Active design proponent, passive design accommodator,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Great to hear!
I was in Michgan for TPF, but wore my P3 shirt on Saturday of the show anyway. Ha-ha! When checking out at the grocery store that afternoon, the kid ringing-up me up and bagging my food kept staring at my chest. (My cleavage is not that impressive, so I knew it must have been my shirt illustration.) I didn't want to push a product on him, so I just let him continue looking. Finally, he complimented me on what a cool shirt I was wearing. Instant conversation in!
Active design proponent, passive design accommodator,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

I must admit to staring at your cleavage. Don't you remember scolding me at Pete's party, "EYES UP HERE, MARCUS!"?

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

I must admit to staring at your cleavage. Don't you remember scolding me at Pete's party, "EYES UP HERE, MARCUS!"?

It's a frequent problem; my daddy-boobs getting ogled. I just kind of brush it off these days. You know what they say, "If you've got it, flaunt it."

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

It's a frequent problem; my daddy-boobs getting ogled. I just kind of brush it off these days. You know what they say, "If you've got it, flaunt it."

Back on topic... I've got this shirt, and I enjoy flaunting it!

- Gerry

#50 8 years ago

I've got this shirt, and I enjoy flaunting it!

grouch-marx-eyebrows-o.gifgrouch-marx-eyebrows-o.gif
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 17.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-t-shirt-design-by-ryan-claytor-the-revolutionary-p3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.