(Topic ID: 143560)

New Sunlight Products and More from Comet Pinball!

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1865_(resized).JPG
    IMG_1864_(resized).JPG
    compare_(resized).JPG
    tommy21.jpg
    tommy22.jpg
    tommy24.jpg
    Rotating-banners222.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

HI Guys!

We have had so many requests, we have finally added Sunlight, as a white choice, in our 1 SMD and 2 LED!

Rotating-banners222.jpgRotating-banners222.jpg

1SMD: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1smd5050.htm
    2LED: http://www.cometpinball.com/Comet-Pinball-2-LEDs-p/2led.htm

Choose Sunlight, Its Just Right!

Also New and Back in Stock is Fast Blinking Bulbs! Check them Out!
    Also 5 SMD in Warm White has been requested, and now is in stock.

#2 8 years ago

Looking forward to trying these out - I placed an order earlier today, but didn't notice them for sale at that time .

#3 8 years ago

These are in my EATPM and they're awesome-o.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

Looking forward to trying these out - I placed an order earlier today, but didn't notice them for sale at that time .

Sorry, they just went up...Hopefully you can try them next time.

#5 8 years ago

Friday Night Bump, In case you missed!

Please allow me to share why I am excited about this release. First, I have received dozens of requests to make this as they
    create something special when doing certain games.
    Traditionally, a conversion in an EM to LEDs, has been frowned upon, so we created a 6mm Retro, to try to do our best job, at coming as close as possible to an incandescent. I am very pleased with those results.
    But we often heard, I want more light, and to go brighter.
    Well the only choice use to be Twice as bright.
    I believe many of us share that super bright 1 SMD 5050 are not the best choice for older games...they dont work well on many EMs.
    Yet games and customers are asking a brighter bulb for their EM and SS. For this reason we recreated the 2 LED, and in frosted or clear,
    It is between the single LED and the 1 SMD, and does a beautiful job on EM and SS games.

Now the color.

Warm White is 3000-4000K, and Natural is 5000-6000K.
    Sunlight, is just right at 4000-5000K!

Natural or cool White can look stark and sterile on Many EM and SS, and one reason that many get turned off.
    Warm is fine, one gets the yellow glow like Incandescent. But Sunlight, well is like Sunlight, neither cold white on the artwork, nor a
    heavy cast. Sunlight works with any Art....dark and Space/Sci fi, as well as Nature.

It creates the most comfortable lighting to our eyes.

While Twin2835 in Sunlight has become our Best Selling Bulb, the shade now in 2 additional brightness, means all games can benefit!

A 1 SMD 5050 is the most common LED used in Kits, and now its available in Sunlight too!

Heres a pic of Tommy in Sunlight.....Twin 2835.

I hope youll Enjoy this New Edition!

tommy24.jpgtommy24.jpg

tommy22.jpgtommy22.jpg

tommy21.jpgtommy21.jpg

#6 8 years ago

I really like the sunlight bulbs, I think they're better in most cases than going warm white.

#7 8 years ago

I'm very happy with the original clear sunlight bulbs in my Xenon. I originally used the retro warm whites, but they just weren't bright enough. The sunlights are perfect. I'm anxious to try the new ones.

#8 8 years ago

Looks like another win!

Can't wait to give the a try on the next project.

#9 8 years ago

nice work, you have a heap of great products

5 months later
    #10 8 years ago

Oh Sunlight...how I love you. I just had to share a few pics of my TWD. I converted my GI to sunlight, 2-smd frosted this weekend (as well as plastic protectors and a few other goodies). What an amazing difference! The cool white stock LEDs work great on games like IM vault, Mustang, etc, but just do not look good with the warm colored playfield and plastics on TWD.

Tried it just in the sling area first...how's this for a comparison? Sunlight on the left, stock on the right:
    IMG_1864_(resized).JPGIMG_1864_(resized).JPG

Now the full playfield (left before, right after):
    compare_(resized).JPGcompare_(resized).JPG

#11 8 years ago

Here is my SM which I converted from incandescent to sunlight GI a little while back. Sadly no before pic on this one, but you get the idea. I can't imagine a better bulb for machines like this with a lot of warm colors.

IMG_1865_(resized).JPGIMG_1865_(resized).JPG

#12 8 years ago

Thanks for the Pic! May I add it to website?

Sunlight is now outselling the other whites. Other then the darker palette games, it universally pleases everyones eyes, and a no-brainer to use.....

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks for the Pic! May I add it to website?
    Sunlight is now outselling the other whites. Other then the darker palette games, it universally pleases everyones eyes, and a no-brainer to use.....

Absolutely! They are just quick phone pics, but if you are happy with the quality you are more than welcome to use them!

Thank you for all you have done for the hobby. Your products (and service of course) are second to none!

#14 8 years ago

Thank you!

I cant wait to release the assortment of new products that are all in production!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sunlight-products-and-more-from-comet-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.