2019072395160205 (resized).jpg
C918ACC2-18F5-4101-B225-2B69C2DC3BCF (resized).jpeg
girl_logo2 (resized).png
bunch_of_fing_amateurs.gif
IMG_3762 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3760 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3759 (resized).jpeg
There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Welcome to the Carnival! Cosmic Carnival by Suncoast Pinball is Here! For those not following Suncoast Pinball out of Florida has entered the race to build us New games to choose from. I will start by saying the Suncoast team have really worked their butts off to make this happen and the support and detail have more then Exceeded my expectations from any company. Really a team that clearly Love what they are doing and it shows. Amazing. After meeting them at the MGC show I Knew they were committed to making this happen and the detail and talent they brought on board assured me they were a company to bet on. Cash on the glass and #001 Cosmic Carnival as promised is now happily in my just finished gameroom. Oddly the only game I have setup at this time lol. I will do a high speed unboxing and note that I will answer any questions I can. I will as the owner Jon requested show areas I think they can improve as he said the company is comitted to providing a top notch product all will appreciate and love. I know they will! So let's get this Carnival started!!!!!

#2 4 years ago

The Carnival is IN TOWN! Well at my house anyway... Looking good so far. Extremely fast shipping and the communication from team Suncoast was Extremely professional and thorough! OK, first Minor new company issue...... Pretty box but not well thought out in my opinion. Box states "Truck this Side". Can you Guess what the other side says??? Yes the exact same thing. lol Funny mistake but an improvement they need to conquer as shipping people are not the best at assumed direction. Next minor issue they Need to figure out. The lugger type box they use unlike all other pin companies is to wide..... I have moved close to 100 games into my house from every manufacturer but This box needed some serious pressure to fit through the entry. Last real minor box issue is while I like lift offs for pinball this just doesn't work that well. Meaning you cut the band and the box is free from its base. Unless you have a 12' high ceiling this slide up box doesn't really work well so you need to cut it up to get it out. Yes I'm a goof with shipping but this product is to valuable to risk questionable packaging. To much hard work went into the contents!

IMG_3721 (resized).jpegIMG_3721 (resized).jpegIMG_3722 (resized).jpegIMG_3722 (resized).jpegIMG_3724 (resized).jpegIMG_3724 (resized).jpeg
#3 4 years ago

Game is in and looking good. They opted to use styrofoam as top and bottom support which I do not think is a good idea to fill that oversized box. Styrofoam and high end paint rarely work well together on a long hot road trip. Sadly as you can see the lock bar suffered a heated rub right through the clear and paint. I will reach out to Suncoast no worries on my end this stuff happens. Plus lifting it Out of the styrofoam blocks is a bit of a challenge.

FYI, for anyone reading I don't want to seem like a whiney dink. The game as you will see is Awesome and Suncoast doesn't make packaging products so this critique is simply to better support their beautiful product for many to come!!

IMG_3725 (resized).jpegIMG_3725 (resized).jpegIMG_3726 (resized).jpegIMG_3726 (resized).jpegIMG_3727 (resized).jpegIMG_3727 (resized).jpeg
#4 4 years ago

Minor more than likely rushed excitement to meet the deadline but they did miss the rail foam to backbox which as we all know does not always end well for paint... In this case I think it looks ok but these little missteps can cost them warranty claims so watch the details.

IMG_3728 (resized).jpegIMG_3728 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago

What can I say. Suncoast detail with Dirty Donny's Magic brush. Simply Beautiful!!!!!! For record I will say the flake powdercoat and paint they used is nicer then any game I own. Simply gorgeous!!! FYI, This area of the gameroom is still under construction so disregard the dismal appearance....

IMG_3729 (resized).jpegIMG_3729 (resized).jpegIMG_3730 (resized).jpegIMG_3730 (resized).jpegIMG_3731 (resized).jpegIMG_3731 (resized).jpegIMG_3732 (resized).jpegIMG_3732 (resized).jpeg
#6 4 years ago

OK this is an example of the detail I have seen from day one with the Suncoast team. So impressive from custom hats to trading cards they really try to make this a valuable experience. Bravo to Jon and his team. Love it

IMG_3733 (resized).jpegIMG_3733 (resized).jpegIMG_3736 (resized).jpegIMG_3736 (resized).jpegIMG_3738 (resized).jpegIMG_3738 (resized).jpeg
#7 4 years ago

Nice clean layout.

IMG_3734 (resized).jpegIMG_3734 (resized).jpegIMG_3735 (resized).jpegIMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago

If you consider pinball art Dirty Donny is definitely Picasso. The imagination and talent are beyond words. Very smart of Suncoast to invest in Top talent for the canvas of their first project. Simply stunning.

IMG_3739 (resized).jpegIMG_3739 (resized).jpegIMG_3740 (resized).jpegIMG_3740 (resized).jpegIMG_3741 (resized).jpegIMG_3741 (resized).jpegIMG_3742 (resized).jpegIMG_3742 (resized).jpegIMG_3744 (resized).jpegIMG_3744 (resized).jpeg
#9 4 years ago

Very nicely detailed toys and of Coarse a sexy shooter lane pic for those connoisseurs of slots?

IMG_3745 (resized).jpegIMG_3745 (resized).jpegIMG_3746 (resized).jpegIMG_3746 (resized).jpegIMG_3747 (resized).jpegIMG_3747 (resized).jpegIMG_3749 (resized).jpegIMG_3749 (resized).jpeg
#10 4 years ago

This game looks sweet !! Keep the pics coming

#11 4 years ago

With all the flair there is still a bit of room for improvement. Really thing the playfield hangers they use are simply the wrong gage material. I suspect these will Always have an issue in transport or long term. And one other items I must say I actually HATE is where they opted to put the on off switch. Sorry but that just does not work. Its one thing to put the on/off in the bottom corner of the head but to put it on the BACK of the backbox is just wrong. Unless you only have one game or a 5 foot arm this is just not good in my opinion.

IMG_3751 (resized).jpegIMG_3751 (resized).jpegIMG_3756 (resized).jpegIMG_3756 (resized).jpeg
#12 4 years ago

I will classify this as an engineering OPPS. The back plate of the playfield was made to the exact width of the playfield???? IE, You can't lift the playfield past 90 degrees to rest it up for service or even a photo.....This like all games should have been notched to clear the slide rails no question. If you lift it to far you will simply break the back art off which is not good. Was able to have mama hold the playfield up so I could sneak a pic for all but I suspect she won't want to always be there during upkeep lol. Again, this is a Minor new company first product miss nothing huge and I am certain they will make improvements for the Best product they can for all in no time!

IMG_3752 (resized).jpegIMG_3752 (resized).jpegIMG_3753 (resized).jpegIMG_3753 (resized).jpegIMG_3754 (resized).jpegIMG_3754 (resized).jpeg
#13 4 years ago

looks cool, art package is on point. can't wait to hear about how it plays.

#14 4 years ago

Moved this sexy beast into the finished "excavated" basement and it's time to give it some play time with friends. Fast review the sound is excellent, display is clear, and the lighting looks good granted a bit lite in the mid to rear section but nothing a spot can't fix. I would like to give the game some play to properly evaluate the software and animations as I hate 30 second play reviews to be fair to consumers and Suncoast. Does really look amazing and I Know they are working on it daily with a 5 Star team of talent. Will update and answer any questions I can soon. Thank again to Jon and Suncoast. You guys (and gals) are amazing and we are Truly honored to have this game in our collection!!!!

IMG_3757 (resized).jpegIMG_3757 (resized).jpegIMG_3758 (resized).jpegIMG_3758 (resized).jpegIMG_3759 (resized).jpegIMG_3759 (resized).jpegIMG_3760 (resized).jpegIMG_3760 (resized).jpegIMG_3761 (resized).jpegIMG_3761 (resized).jpegIMG_3762 (resized).jpegIMG_3762 (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

The colors and art look great! Looking forward to gameplay reviews.

#16 4 years ago

Nice informative posts, and fantastic gameroom!

#17 4 years ago

Thanks. Almost done with the gameroom. Just moved the games down over the last 2 days and have yet to set up any lol. Just not enough back left for me to crawl around on the floor yet.

#18 4 years ago

Looks really cool. Thanks for sharing all the photos. Enjoy!

#19 4 years ago

Looks amazing, as does the room, congrats! I guess the power switch almost forces you to keep it on an end. Thus more exposure. A brilliant move on their part.

#20 4 years ago

Some rookie mistakes for sure but I’m sure they’re already on the case to correct them.

How much does a trip to the Cosmic Carnival set you back?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Some rookie mistakes for sure but I’m sure they’re already on the case to correct them.

Anyone can get one check them out! My go to would be to call Zach at Flipnoutpinball and he can get your carnival started!! $5995

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

And to show that Suncoast commitment not minutes after my post Jon the owner called to take notes and get the lock bar paint issue resolved. Great team looking to do it right. Bravo.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think you can order off their site

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think you can order off their site

Absolutely granted when possible I believe in supporting the amazing distributors we have available and its great to have a shoulder to cry on if theres an issue. lol Zach loves calls anytime to help.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Box states "Truck this Side". Can you Guess what the other side says??? Yes the exact same thing.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Sadly as you can see the lock bar suffered a heated rub right through the clear and paint.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Minor more than likely rushed excitement to meet the deadline but they did miss the rail foam to backbox which as we all know does not always end well for paint

Quoted from Yelobird:

Really thing the playfield hangers they use are simply the wrong gage material. I suspect these will Always have an issue in transport or long term. And one other items I must say I actually HATE is where they opted to put the on off switch. Sorry but that just does not work. Its one thing to put the on/off in the bottom corner of the head but to put it on the BACK of the backbox is just wrong. Unless you only have one game or a 5 foot arm this is just not good in my opinion.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I will classify this as an engineering OPPS. The back plate of the playfield was made to the exact width of the playfield???? IE, You can't lift the playfield past 90 degrees to rest it up for service or even a photo.....This like all games should have been notched to clear the slide rails no question. If you lift it to far you will simply break the back art off which is not good.

Thanks for the warnings....sounds like:
bunch_of_fing_amateurs.gifbunch_of_fing_amateurs.gif

#26 4 years ago

Great looking pin.
Played it at TPF but that was a very early presentation of the pin. How is it now that it is shipping?

#27 4 years ago

What rock have I been hiding under? How have I not heard about this? Looks very cool!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Anyone can get one check them out! My go to would be to call Zach at Flipnoutpinball and he can get your carnival started!! $5995

Thanks Yelo!

$6k seems to be the magic number in pinball these days.

I really feel like it if someone could get a game that looks this good out there for $5k they’d really make some sales, but there are just so many options at $6000 between the various Stern pros and CGC remakes it’s a tough hill to climb.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Thanks Yelo!
$6k seems to be the magic number in pinball these days.
I really feel like it if someone could get a game that looks this good out there for $5k they’d really make some sales, but there are just so many options at $6000 between the various Stern pros and CGC remakes it’s a tough hill to climb.

Is this game $6k?

No offense but you can buy a really good AS premium with the same Donnie artwork for the same price used

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is this game $6k?
No offense but you can buy a really good AS premium with the same Donnie artwork for the same price used

Have to agree with this. Look at the bottom of the playfeild, it's almost bare

#31 4 years ago

I'm always happy to get a new game from a new manufacturer. This is their first game and I am looking forward to seeing their progress.

#32 4 years ago

I met the cosmic guys at TPF and was impressed. I’m rooting for them! I noticed they changed the ramp setup from the display game they had at the show. This looks much better, and I look forward to playing one soon.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is this game $6k?

Is there really Any game you can’t buy used for less? Lol. Played many games tonight more to go but the game is rather fun and I suspect they have much more to add to the code and call outs yet to come. Code even states “prototype” so I think it’s fair to give them a chance before judgement personally. The fit and finish are spot on and the game is fitting for its price range no doubt. Actually impressed as a prototype and first game every single thing worked without adjustment right out of the box. I should also note the owner also called to let me know they were still working on menu systems and code so they clearly know what needs to be done and they were more then interested to hear feedback good or bad to continue to improve the product for all. I think they will do very well personally and wish them much success.

#34 4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Dave ….. as I am sure most of you know building a pinball machine is NOT an easy thing . While we try to pay attention to every detail a couple small things did slip by but we have already made some changes. So Zack at Flip-N-Out pinball can give you a thumbs up since we were able to change the backboard on his machine before it ships out. We also have a replacement back board for your playfield we will try and ship out next week when our full staff will be back in the office. We will also make sure to wrap the lockdown bars to keep the foam from rubbing. Thanks again from all of us at Suncoast Pinball and we hope you enjoy!

www.SuncoastPinball.com

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from suncoast:

Thanks for the feedback Dave ….. as I am sure most of you know building a pinball machine is NOT an easy thing . While we try to pay attention to every detail a couple small things did slip by but we have already made some changes. So Zack at Flip-N-Out pinball can give you a thumbs up since we were able to change the backboard on his machine before it ships out. We also have a replacement back board for your playfield we will try and ship out next week when our full staff will be back in the office. We will also make sure to wrap the lockdown bars to keep the foam from rubbing. Thanks again from all of us at Suncoast Pinball and we hope you enjoy!
www.SuncoastPinball.com

Now that is great customer service.
Looking forward to seeing future titles.

#36 4 years ago

Game looks great!!!!

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is this game $6k?

But then you would be stuck with an AS

#38 4 years ago

Magic girl 2 ?

#39 4 years ago

Why do so many people on this site always have to be so negative?

Instead of saying I can get...(fill in the blank) for the same price. Why not just say, I don't have the money and/or space to spend money on a game from a boutique manufacturer?

Or try this.... "I think it's great to have more games and pinball companies to choose from".

Sure it's 6K but so what? You can buy a $100 watch that tells time just as well as a $100,000 watch. You can by a Chevy Corvette that will perform as well as a Ferrari 3 to 4 times it's price.

I've been on this site a long time and I rarely comment but after awhile it just gets tedious listening to the same complaints over and over again. I've now gotten into the habit of draining threads but I don't want to do that with this one. I'm genuinely interested in hearing about this game.

I get it, criticism is necessary and can be very helpful but can we allow this new manufacturer even one day of happiness before everyone starts ripping it apart?

#40 4 years ago

Looks good, I'd like to see a gameplay vid. Saw the preview and am interested in this game.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

But then you would be stuck with an AS

And that would be a good thing.

If you don't like that then how about a Donny Metallica.....PRO

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Looks good, I'd like to see a gameplay vid. Saw the preview and am interested in this game.

Suncoast has a Cosmic Carnival thread with some game play info and informative vid from the designers that they posted. Sadly I’m a crappy player so watching me play would be like watching a chimp swat flies. Check it out!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cosmic-carnival-by-suncoast-pinball-and-arcade/page/3#post-5076111

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Is there really Any game you can’t buy used for less?

That's true Yelo. They need to get on par with a Stern pro at least.

It looks good and all pinball is "fun" so congrats on the game. I root for every pin maker that has passion to try and make it happen.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Why do so many people on this site always have to be so negative?
Instead of saying I can get...(fill in the blank) for the same price. Why not just say, I don't have the money and/or space to spend money on a game from a boutique manufacturer?

Criticism of multi-thousand dollar luxury toys is not “negativity”. The critiques are based on facts. If something is built faulty, designed faulty, packed faulty - it’s not about “money and space”. It’s about speaking the truth about a very expensive product... it’s welcome and necessary & should not be shamed. Pinball manufacturers are skating by with shoddy product because for some reason buyers don’t have standards anymore. Those who critique are holding up a mirror to the truth, and are to be commended.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Criticism of multi-thousand dollar luxury toys is not “negativity”. it’s welcome and necessary and should not be shamed. Those who critique are holding up a mirror to the truth and are to be commended.

it is disappointing that rather than being able to discuss such matters openly and fairly on the worlds purported number one pinball site, critics have to resort to starting pinball podcasts to get their points across.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Criticism of multi-thousand dollar luxury toys is not “negativity”.

Sometimes, but other times its most certainly that and I say good, if this site was all agreement and exchanged pleasentries like JJP threads it would boring as shit.

#47 4 years ago

This game is on my radar, hopefully can try it soon. Great pics yelobird! I will say it drives me crazy when any manufacturer releases a game before code is done. Some amazing games have never recovered from their bad press at release because of unfinished code.

#48 4 years ago

Look, just building a pinball, at all, is a ton of work. You don't have to buy it, I'm not in the least interested in this title myself, but I applaud the effort. Good job shipping even a single game. It's more than some companies have managed!

I'll be honest, nothing here looks particularly interesting to me. It's like a game that got built because it could be, not because someone was particularly inspired by anything. There are a lot of pins already, I kinda feel like if you're gonna do all that work you should at least try something new somewhere. But hey, I didn't put in the sweat and they did, so who the hell am I to say how they should do it?

In 2019 my opinion is if you want to get people excited you need to have at the very least a gimmick, if not an entirely different approach. Getting some good art is cool, but if the physical game doesn't have a toy or something to make you want to hit start then you're gonna struggle to get people's attention now. I think you're seeing that with the somewhat tepid response this game has generated. Maybe the code and media package will turn it around.

I say good luck. It's good to be honest, criticism is fair, but I don't see any point in not wishing them well too.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Look, just building a pinball, at all, is a ton of work. You don't have to buy it, I'm not in the least interested in this title myself, but I applaud the effort. Good job shipping even a single game. It's more than some companies have managed!
I'll be honest, nothing here looks particularly interesting to me. It's like a game that got built because it could be, not because someone was particularly inspired by anything. There are a lot of pins already, I kinda feel like if you're gonna do all that work you should at least try something new somewhere. But hey, I didn't put in the sweat and they did, so who the hell am I to say how they should do it?
In 2019 my opinion is if you want to get people excited you need to have at the very least a gimmick, if not an entirely different approach. Getting some good art is cool, but if the physical game doesn't have a toy or something to make you want to hit start then you're gonna struggle to get people's attention now. I think you're seeing that with the somewhat tepid response this game has generated. Maybe the code and media package will turn it around.
I say good luck. It's good to be honest, criticism is fair, but I don't see any point in not wishing them well too.

I agree with what you've stated here. I think pulling off manufacturing is really damn impressive, and the build quality looks solid from afar! I still don't get Dirty Donny's art. I'm glad he has work, but man....it seems more like high school doodles than slick linework.

I wish Jack Davis had gotten into game art 30 years ago.

I really want to check this out in person!

#50 4 years ago

Love the powder coating, and the name of the game. I would have loved to see Killer Clowns from Outer Space instead, that would have been a really cheap license. Same type of theme. Either way like the theme, game looks great. Kudos!!!

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-suncoast-cosmic-carnival-pinball-unboxing-and-review-?hl=pduffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.