elton john flip n out ad (resized).png
limited edition jaws flip n out ad (resized).png
Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 10.56.38 AM (resized).png
flip n out trade ad venom (resized).png
jaws ad flip n out 2 (resized).png
elvira ad premium flip n out (resized).png
alien ripley flip n out ad (resized).png
elton john pe ad flip n out (resized).png
There are 818 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.
#101 4 years ago

If we all quit doing things when we received criticism, nobody would do anything. If you believe in it and wanna do it, do it...especially when the ideology is to get people outside of the current pinball circle into the hobby. Just my thoughts.

#102 4 years ago

Interesting concept. i think that you may have gotten less criticism with a different crib for your first one?

I look forward to future ones and think you are on to something neat.

Keep it up and keep refining

#103 4 years ago

I think having the pinball cribs episodes are a great idea. Just don’t have every episode be over the top- your early SDTM videos where you sat and chatted with a collector in their home was great. It was very relatable and fun. I suggest having an interview type sit down discussion where you briefly talk about what got them into the hobby and show a few of their favorite pins. A small collection can be presented in a fun way too. The best part of this hobby is the people-

#104 4 years ago

i enjoyed it. and agree, little collections can be worth a great show too. Don't stop, I want to see more.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Next time, clearly label that this is intended to be a joke or satire or whatever. I started playing it and just jumped around to different points in the video and was like, what is this shit? Is this asshole for real? What a dickhead. This old white guy bragging about what he owns is really that out of touch with the current state of the world?
I never watch the opening of any Youtube video - why waste 60 seconds?....so I missed if it stated this was supposed to be a joke. I jumped around and watched several 20 second segments of the video. Recognize that people likely aren't going to sit and watch the video from start to finish....that's not how Youtube videos are viewed. Nothing I saw "brought the funny" and kept my finger off the slider bar on the YouTube app.
While I'm aware the show MTV Cribs existed back in the early 2000s, I never watched an episode, because I'm an adult. So I wouldn't know your show was supposed to be a parody of it.
Hope the next episode isn't titled, Pimp My Pin.

Wow, man, Zach’s just trying to do something fun to get better exposure for the hobby and you react like this?? Just don’t watch the show then bro. Damn.

#106 4 years ago

Great job Zach. Perfect spin off of MTV Cribs! Lol! Great production value too!! Keep up the great work. Whoever gives negative feedback, screw em’. They aren’t forced to watch!

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

If we all quit doing things when we we received criticism, nobody would do anything. If you believe in it and wanna do it, do it...especially when the ideology is to get people outside of the current pinball circle into the hobby. Just my thoughts.

That was nicely said. Thanks Skip

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, man, Zach’s just trying to do something fun to get better exposure for the hobby and you react like this?? Just don’t watch the show then bro. Damn.

Just don’t watch the show? I wish I could take back watching the show. I wish I knew when I started watching the show that it was supposed to be a comedy.

I reacted like that because like other people, I had no idea this was supposed to be a comedy show. I don’t know Zack and I don’t know anything else he’s ever done prior. I saw this thread pop up at the top of the list while reading Pinside. It said this was a new series, so I said what the hell, I’ll click on the link.

There was no mention about this being a comedy or a satire. I’ve never watched an episode of MTV cribs in my life, so how would I understand this was a parody of something I’ve never seen before? I also didn’t watch the video straight through, like I said I jumped around to different parts of the video.

Zack stated he wanted The show to be something everyone can watch, non-pinball people and pinball people.

Well guess what? Non-pinball people also had no idea that this was supposed to be some hilarious comedy. It came off as cringey, arrogant and the guy acting like a huge douche bag without the context of it supposed to be a comedy show.

Go read the YouTube comments and see what non-pin people, who had no idea what this was supposed to be, also thought. Usually when I sit down to watch a TV show or a movie, I know ahead of time what the category is. If it’s a drama, if it’s a comedy, if it’s a horror movie, I have some frame of reference and mindset going into watching something. I went into this with a blank slate And took it at face value when I watched it. My bad?

You’re only reading my comment here which, oh my God, goes against the grain of everyone on Pinside. Whatever. Zack should take this as constructive criticism and at the very least make it clear at the start of the video or in the title of the YouTube video that this is a parody.

Draining this thread because I really don’t give a shit to explain my opinion anymore. No one needs to waste their time replying to my opinion because I am not going to see it. Waste of my time to continue in here.

#109 4 years ago

I’m reminded of Shaggy and the TOP videos. We’ve gone full circle and hobbyists sense of humor hasn’t changed.

#110 4 years ago

I like the concept, but not the cheesy personality he put on. I get what you were going for, but came off as annoying and I'm sure not a true representation of him, but enough I didn't finish the episode. I love seeing how other people decorate and collect man cave stuff, so hopefully you try again. Instead of being campy and satirical, just do really cool walk throughs maybe.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’m reminded of Shaggy and the TOP videos. We’ve gone full circle and hobbyists sense of humor hasn’t changed.

Haha I thought that was his actual hair for a little while until I saw one scene where they blanked out his face because he must of got in scene when he wasn't wearing the wig.

#112 4 years ago

Great video! Keep them coming. We need to see the Fox Den in Delaware.

#113 4 years ago

Take note: Hank's Repair tips are also not serious/real, curmudgeons.

#114 4 years ago

LOL i really liked that! any one who thinks this was serious needs to seriously get out more lol. Looking forward to future episodes.

#115 4 years ago

Nicely produced. Completely captured a forgotten piece of pop culture. That bowling machine was dope.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I think having the pinball cribs episodes are a great idea. Just don’t have every episode be over the top- your early SDTM videos where you sat and chatted with a collector in their home was great. It was very relatable and fun. I suggest having an interview type sit down discussion where you briefly talk about what got them into the hobby and show a few of their favorite pins. A small collection can be presented in a fun way too. The best part of this hobby is the people-

I liked the video and appreciated the different/satire angle of it. I totally get this thought on it, but there are a BILLION videos on YouTube already of people talking with local collectors, barcade owners, whoever, about their collections. It's interesting but also been done a million times. Maybe since I was aware of what the MTV show was I just assumed that the guy was being over the top on purpose since that's how everyone always came off on that show. I actually liked seeing the other parts of his house/life for a change and thought the MTV Cribs-esque camera work was funny. I'd keep watching!

If you're ever in Cleveland feel free to drop on by for an episode!

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Next time, clearly label that this is intended to be a joke or satire or whatever. I started playing it and just jumped around to different points in the video and was like, what is this shit? Is this asshole for real? What a dickhead. This old white guy bragging about what he owns is really that out of touch with the current state of the world?
I never watch the opening of any Youtube video - why waste 60 seconds?....so I missed if it stated this was supposed to be a joke. I jumped around and watched several 20 second segments of the video. Recognize that people likely aren't going to sit and watch the video from start to finish....that's not how Youtube videos are viewed. Nothing I saw "brought the funny" and kept my finger off the slider bar on the YouTube app.
While I'm aware the show MTV Cribs existed back in the early 2000s, I never watched an episode, because I'm an adult. So I wouldn't know your show was supposed to be a parody of it.
Hope the next episode isn't titled, Pimp My Pin.

You would have to be blind not to see and pick up on the satire. Even the title gives you a cue when using the term "cribs", not really a straight-laced term for somebody's home. Perhaps he chould open with a warning for those easily tilted on such things, but then again if you skip the first 60 seconds of the show you'll miss it anyway. Aside from people liking the content or not, it was a well-produced episode.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

You would have to be blind not to see and pick up on the satire. Even the title gives you a cue when using the term "cribs", not really a straight-laced term for somebody's home. Perhaps he chould open with a warning for those easily tilted on such things, but then again if you skip the first 60 seconds of the show you'll miss it anyway. Aside from people liking the content or not, it was a well-produced episode.

5509E655-7288-4802-A529-50C83F729D85 (resized).jpeg5509E655-7288-4802-A529-50C83F729D85 (resized).jpeg
#119 4 years ago

THE REVIEWS ARE IN!!!
PINBALL CRIBS IT A HIT!!!!......?

Check Out Episode 2 NOW

Disclaimer: Pinball Cribs is for entertainment purposes, not meant to offend, harm the pinball industry, ruin your life, or steal your children in the dark of night. Enjoy...

#120 4 years ago
tenor.giftenor.gif
#121 4 years ago

Great episode 2, keep em coming!

#122 4 years ago

I didn't realize this was parody and I have seen plenty of episodes of Cribs. Here's the issue with assuming people will know it is satire: Most of the people on the original Cribs were arrogant as hell and just showing off all the stuff they have. So when the first episode is a guy acting arrogant about all the stuff he has in his pretty large house and a game room filled with top of the line new machines, it doesn't seem to be satire. He might not have Diddy money, but this guy is very well off (and I don't begrudge him for that), but it is also very believable that this is really his personality. If it were a guy showing of his collection acting like it was hot shit and it was heavy on like Gottlieb Premier games and working projects with blown out play fields, it would make it clear it is parody.

I do want to say I like the idea though. I like trying something new and seeing people's collections and ep 2 was more enjoyable. And it makes me want a well produced show about interesting machines people have. It wouldn't appeal to the masses, but I would absolutely watch a well produced series talking about stuff like that sweet bowling machine and other arcades and pins that you don't see in the wild often. That might exist and I just don't know about it. If so, please let me know.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks buddy! The response has been mixed so not sure we will go past episode 2; my sense of humor and satire may be different than the community as a whole. Appreciate the feedback though

For what it is worth I loved the first episode and thought the first part was hilarious. I watched too many episodes of Cribs I guess (I was hate watching of course . . . really . . .). I can't wait to see the second episode.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

I didn't realize this was parody and I have seen plenty of episodes of Cribs. Here's the issue with assuming people will know it is satire: Most of the people on the original Cribs were arrogant as hell and just showing off all the stuff they have. So when the first episode is a guy acting arrogant about all the stuff he has in his pretty large house and a game room filled with top of the line new machines, it doesn't seem to be satire. He might not have Diddy money, but this guy is very well off (and I don't begrudge him for that), but it is also very believable that this is really his personality. If it were a guy showing of his collection acting like it was hot shit and it was heavy on like Gottlieb Premier games and working projects with blown out play fields, it would make it clear it is parody.
I do want to say I like the idea though. I like trying something new and seeing people's collections and ep 2 was more enjoyable. And it makes me want a well produced show about interesting machines people have. It wouldn't appeal to the masses, but I would absolutely watch a well produced series talking about stuff like that sweet bowling machine and other arcades and pins that you don't see in the wild often. That might exist and I just don't know about it. If so, please let me know.

Well, this was my attempt at a well produced show series.

#125 4 years ago

I loved both episodes, but the second one is my favorite of the two. Jason seems like a down to earth dude. Much respect Zach for putting in the time and effort to give us more entertainment.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Most of the people on the original Cribs were arrogant as hell and just showing off all the stuff they have.

And the people featured on cribs were celebrities and the show felt like you were getting a peek behind the curtain. Nothing against the people who volunteered for these episodes, but there is no reason for me to have a connection to them.

Quoted from porkcarrot:

but I would absolutely watch a well produced series talking about stuff like that sweet bowling machine and other arcades and pins that you don't see in the wild often.

This is true for me too. I think the series would have had better reception if they applied the Cribs style over some interesting games or unique collections. I'm less interested in seeing a home with the 15 latest LEs in it.

I'd probably lose the segments about the fridge and the cars.

I hope you continue to see success with your episodes though, hopefully some of my suggestions make sense.

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Well, this was my attempt at a well produced show series.

That's actually what I was saying. I think this is very well produced. It was more a comment on other videos I have seen about specific machines. Often they have shaky cameras and/or lack of good angles. Many times it is one guy filming and talking about it. This was very well done and I'd like to see this production on a series just about games as well, but again I realize that is a limited appeal to mostly just pinball people and may not be what you are interested in.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

That's actually what I was saying. I think this is very well produced. It was more a comment on other videos I have seen about specific machines. Often they have shaky cameras and/or lack of good angles. Many times it is one guy filming and talking about it. This was very well done and I'd like to see this production on a series just about games as well, but again I realize that is a limited appeal to mostly just pinball people and may not be what you are interested in.

Thanks! We are setting up our studio over the next month and you will be seeing that as well.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

And the people featured on cribs were celebrities and the show felt like you were getting a peek behind the curtain. Nothing against the people who volunteered for these episodes, but there is no reason for me to have a connection to them.

This is true for me too. I think the series would have had better reception if they applied the Cribs style over some interesting games or unique collections. I'm less interested in seeing a home with the 15 latest LEs in it.
I hope you continue to see success with your episodes though, hopefully some of my suggestions make sense.

So eliminate the collector, everything new, the kitchen, and the cars?

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So eliminate the collector, everything new, the kitchen, and the cars?

It's a shame that's what you took from my comments. I tried to be constructive and offer some suggestions, versus just shitting on it, and you decided to take it to the extreme. To what end?

Ep. 2 was definitely the last episode I'll be watching.

#131 4 years ago

Great episode! I liked the first one as well. The video production is really professional and it is reminiscent of the MTV Cribs show and i understand the vibe and humor they were going for. I like that they are covering more than just the gameroom too. Wouldn't mind if it featured pets and family members as well. I'd offer up my place for an episode but it would be about 3 minutes long and there would be kids toys and folded laundry laundry all over. -I guess that's what happens when you share a gameroom with a 5yr old, 3 yr old and an infant. lol... Keep em' coming!

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Not me, I liked them both. I like seeing what others have done when setting up their game rooms. I guess that's why I always view the Post Pics of your game room thread. Some people are really creative. You don't have to have 20+ pins to be cool. I've seen people with small collections make it look awesome.
Keep up the great work. They are very enjoyable.

#133 4 years ago

Agreed! Hell, skip the game room completely and let's see what's inside the kitchen cabinets!

#134 4 years ago

I really like the zooming in on the hand sanitizer!

BTW @sdtminstl, insanely nice house and collection!! And a heads up that the insert light for the 2 ball is out on your Eight Ball Deluxe

#135 4 years ago

Another fun episode. Got to say, your production quality is really getting good. Pretty impressive honestly. I probably preferred the first episode as it was a little edgier but both are good. Dont make it only about pinball and remove the other stuff. The other little stuff let's us actually connect with the people. I'd rather see what's in the fridge then hear 30 minutes of someone blabbering about their games. We all have games, we already have that in common. Getting to see the other stuff is what makes it fun. Plus if you really want this to go beyond the pinball community and help grow pinball it needs to be a little edgy and contain a lot more then just some dudes basement and neon signs with a dude geeking out over games.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

it needs to be a little edgy

Maybe forget checking out the fridge and go straight to the medicine cabinet

8B8F4A3B-66D2-42CF-B287-28A6DD0BEC5F (resized).jpeg8B8F4A3B-66D2-42CF-B287-28A6DD0BEC5F (resized).jpeg
#137 4 years ago

Another great episode Zach! Keep up the great work.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

It's a shame that's what you took from my comments. I tried to be constructive and offer some suggestions, versus just shitting on it, and you decided to take it to the extreme. To what end?

That's pretty much what you said. You dont know or care about the people or have any connection to them. Then you stated, lose the cars, lose the fridge, etc. He pretty much took it exactly how you stated it. I dont think he was all pissy about it like you are being though.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's pretty much what you said. You dont know or care about the people or have any connection to them. Then you stated, lose the cars, lose the fridge, etc. He pretty much took it exactly how you stated it. I dont think he was all pissy about it like you are being though.

Thanks gentry. Yeah I was just summarizing his requests. No hate here. And cmon Wolf don’t pretend like you won’t be one of the first to watch Episode 3

#140 4 years ago

Personally, I enjoyed the episodes. They are well done and definitely capture the feel of the old “cribs” vibe. If you don’t feel the same then just drain or pass on watching them. No reason to rip on the guy. It’s just a fun thing he’s doing and I appreciate the effort because I know it’s not easy and takes a lot of time to produce something like that. Can’t wait to see who else on here that wants their “crib” in an episode.

#141 4 years ago

Exciting preview of Pinball Cribs Episode 3 -

8980FE96-4565-40EC-9D10-6773303A4519 (resized).jpeg8980FE96-4565-40EC-9D10-6773303A4519 (resized).jpeg
#142 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Exciting preview of Pinball Cribs Episode 3 -[quoted image]

No one does it like you Coz hahaha

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Honestly not trying to start an argument here but did you really feel a "connection" to the random B list celebrities (or any celebrity) that they had on that show? Do you really care what melissa Joan harts movie theater room looks like more than someone's pinball collection?

These are some of the more entertaining pinball videos I've seen in a while. I am enjoying how each guest kind of puts their own spin on the cribs vibe. It's just kinda fun and then you get to see some pins and get some game room ideas. I do agree that seeing a wall of all the latest games can get stale but at the same time it's someone's personal collection they (presumably) put some thought and time into curating.

Zach, if anything I'd like to hear a bit more from each guest on if there is a fun back story to how they got a game or why.

Anyway enough picking fights, keep up the good work man .

#144 4 years ago

Really enjoyed episode 2 ... don’t know if this was mentioned , but I think Stern corporates and distributors should have episodes , just a thought .. anyway great concept you have

#145 4 years ago

I enjoyed them, some amazing collections

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Really enjoyed episode 2 ... don’t know if this was mentioned , but I think Stern corporates and distributors should have episodes , just a thought .. anyway great concept you have

I would be very willing and excited to film Cribs episodes with industry folk! Ya know, I am traveling to Chicago for expo....Cmon industry people! Let Pinball Cribs take a look around. The people have spoken

#147 4 years ago

Just went back to rewatch both episodes on the 65in tv. So much better on the big screen. Well done Zach

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Just went back to rewatch both episodes on the 65in tv. So much better on the big screen. Well done Zach

Just did the same on my 120" projection screen, next level shit.

#149 4 years ago

Great job and just getting better. For the die hard pinheads just fast forward to the game room entry scene.
Production quality is top notch - thank you for trying new things to promote pinball.

#150 4 years ago

People are way to sensitive around here. I just watched the second video, and Zach you did a great job. Interesting to see others collections and houses. Thanks for putting this kind of stuff out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 818 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stream-channel-flip-n-out-pinball-with-ken-cromwell-amp-bill-webb/page/3?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.