flip n out trade ad venom (resized).png
jaws ad flip n out 2 (resized).png
elvira ad premium flip n out (resized).png
alien ripley flip n out ad (resized).png
elton john pe ad flip n out (resized).png
stranger premium ad flip n out (resized).png
elton john ad stream flip n out (resized).png
17F561B8-1A53-492D-9D72-C2A24D8FF9FC (resized).jpeg

There are 815 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.
#551 9 months ago

So the breath stuff is coming out of his hands?

#552 9 months ago

At least cut off the zip tie from the tail.

#553 9 months ago

It looks pretty cool when its lighting up. I would be totally in at 250 bucks.

#554 9 months ago

I'm not a topper guy, but I love Zach's passion for them.

#555 9 months ago

DON’T MISS OUT TONIGHT!

Stern Pinball hooked up Flip N Out Joel with unreleased Godzilla Topper Mode code & we will be doing a couple of GIVEAWAYS!

YouTube.com/flipnoutpinball

D3D79A09-2FB2-44DA-9DB7-3691C13FEB9D (resized).jpegD3D79A09-2FB2-44DA-9DB7-3691C13FEB9D (resized).jpeg
#556 9 months ago

There is nothing more exciting than coming home and noticing a Stern topper box sitting on your front porch and I do mean NOTHING!

When I first installed the topper, the only thing that brought me down was the lack of lights in the backboard of the topper. I really wanted things to go well not only to justify the price, but because my twin brother (who is a pinball nut like me and is anxiously waiting his GZ premium delivery from Zach himself) came to my house after I called him to tell him about the delivery and he was just itching to order one himself if the topper wowed him enough to do so. I even gave him the honor of opening his first Stern topper box and we both savored the moment.

I really wanted this thing to “pop” and at first I thought something was wrong with my topper. After I watched Zach’s video I realized everything was okay, so I went back downstairs to my gameroom and decided to give it another chance. However, once I started to play the pin I began to like the topper more and more.

Now I love Stern, but in terms of toppers I have bought several toppers from Tilt and other topper makers as well. Of course price is always a factor, but I always side with the one I like the most regardless of the price because I usually buy the toppers only to pins I consider “keepers” (although I did sell a couple of pins with toppers on them only to regret later, but I digress)

To me, it’s like the whipped cream on top of my favorite sundae. Like Zach, I’m a topper/mod person and Godzilla scratches my itch like no other pin has. To me, everything seems portioned fine. After all, if they made the tanks smaller they would be the size of ants on the topper in order to match up size to size with GZ’s foot. I really like the flaming building light kit made for GZ’s speaker panels and this topper brings that immersion to the pin. I’m not sure how the extra topper mode works, but if it makes a wizard mode easier to get to, then I’m all for it because my pinball skills SUCK and I rarely even get close to reaching one in all of the pins I own or owned in the past. As I mentioned before, if I could change one thing on the topper I wish Stern put more lights in the back box of the topper behind the plastic piece of where the jets are pictured, but I’m guessing they made it that way to make sure the extra lights wouldn’t distract from the light projecting the GZ silhouette. Who knows?

In this crazy hobby, $1000 bucks is $1000 bucks, no matter how you spend it. If the money didn’t go towards a topper, it would go to something else pinball related. Happy flipping my pinball bruthas!

#557 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

There is nothing more exciting than coming home and noticing a Stern topper box sitting on your front porch and I do mean NOTHING!
When I first installed the topper, the only thing that brought me down was the lack of lights in the backboard of the topper. I really wanted things to go well not only to justify the price, but because my twin brother (who is a pinball nut like me and is anxiously waiting his GZ premium delivery from Zach himself) came to my house after I called him to tell him about the delivery and he was just itching to order one himself if the topper wowed him enough to do so. I even gave him the honor of opening his first Stern topper box and we both savored the moment.
I really wanted this thing to “pop” and at first I thought something was wrong with my topper. After I watched Zach’s video I realized everything was okay, so I went back downstairs to my gameroom and decided to give it another chance. However, once I started to play the pin I began to like the topper more and more.
Now I love Stern, but in terms of toppers I have bought several toppers from Tilt and other topper makers as well. Of course price is always a factor, but I always side with the one I like the most regardless of the price because I usually buy the toppers only to pins I consider “keepers” (although I did sell a couple of pins with toppers on them only to regret later, but I digress)
To me, it’s like the whipped cream on top of my favorite sundae. Like Zach, I’m a topper/mod person and Godzilla scratches my itch like no other pin has. To me, everything seems portioned fine. After all, if they made the tanks smaller they would be the size of ants on the topper in order to match up size to size with GZ’s foot. I really like the flaming building light kit made for GZ’s speaker panels and this topper brings that immersion to the pin. I’m not sure how the extra topper mode works, but if it makes a wizard mode easier to get to, then I’m all for it because my pinball skills SUCK and I rarely even get close to reaching one in all of the pins I own or owned in the past. As I mentioned before, if I could change one thing on the topper I wish Stern put more lights in the back box of the topper behind the plastic piece of where the jets are pictured, but I’m guessing they made it that way to make sure the extra lights wouldn’t distract from the light projecting the GZ silhouette. Who knows?
In this crazy hobby, $1000 bucks is $1000 bucks, no matter how you spend it. If the money didn’t go towards a topper, it would go to something else pinball related. Happy flipping my pinball bruthas!

Not much to add- great write up.

I just received my GZ topper and had no problems with install or functionality. Yeah the initial impression was lukewarm-zip tied GZ and no moving parts. Different story when turned on- the light integration is fabulous. The flaming buildings and rainbow breath are quite cool. Yes, someone did spend a fair amount of time coding and integrating this topper. Another winner for Stern.

IMG_4033 (resized).jpegIMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
#558 9 months ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Not much to add- great write up.
I just received my GZ topper and had no problems with install or functionality. Yeah the initial impression was lukewarm-zip tied GZ and no moving parts. Different story when turned on- the light integration is fabulous. The flaming buildings and rainbow breath are quite cool. Yes, someone did spend a fair amount of time coding and integrating this topper. Another winner for Stern.
[quoted image]

Coming from someone who has it next to that awesome Black Knight topper, that's high praise indeed.

I had a BKSOR LE with the topper and it's reputation is absolutely 100% deserved - sheer brilliance.

#559 9 months ago

We had a blast tonight on stream. Stern hooked us up with Beta code so we were able to show off the Exclusive King of the Monsters Time Attack mode. I'm really impressed with how well the lightshow looks and the mode is a BLAST to play. Feel free to check out the stream!

#560 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

So is the juice worth the squeeze? I am in the cancel camp right now.

#561 9 months ago

Are you able to control which way the shadow projection is oriented, or is it fixed. Only to the right?

#562 9 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

So is the juice worth the squeeze? I am in the cancel camp right now.

I personally think it is. After all, once the toppers are gone they only go up in price.

#563 9 months ago
Quoted from Caponicus:

Are you able to control which way the shadow projection is oriented, or is it fixed. Only to the right?

It's only fixed to the right as far as I know and it must be pretty close to a wall in order to see the reflection. Might have to move things around in the game room in order to see the reflection.

#564 9 months ago

if you move the light to the other side a shadow of his B hole projects on to the wall.

#565 9 months ago
Quoted from apessino:

It's about time they started enforcing that rule - this place is becoming more unpleasant by the day.

You have the power to make it more pleasant.

#566 9 months ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Let's go with a shorter list, which ones haven't you liked?</blockquote

I personally think it is. After all, once the toppers are gone they only go up in price.

Please don't let fomo be a reason for purchase. People, it is okay not to buy something. It is okay to let something lackluster go up in value without you purchasing it. Live your life how you want, not how someone else thinks we are supposed to.

#567 9 months ago

⬆️ finally some sense

#568 9 months ago

So let me get this straight. Stern announces and begins shipping a GZ topper off its accessories line. Yet, the Rush Expression lights that I paid in full - $500 - 2 months ago are no where in sight and there is zero information on when they might be made and/or delivered?

What the actual F.

Terrible business model if you ask me. And I’m guessing refunds aren’t an option either… nothing quite like announcing that a product will be made, making some, and then leaving your paid but unfulfilled customers dangling in the dark.

#569 9 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So let me get this straight. Stern announces and begins shipping a GZ topper off its accessories line. Yet, the Rush Expression lights that I paid in full - $500 - 2 months ago are no where in sight and there is zero information on when they might be made and/or delivered?
What the actual F.
Terrible business model if you ask me. And I’m guessing refunds aren’t an option either… nothing quite like announcing that a product will be made, making some, and then leaving your paid but unfulfilled customers dangling in the dark.

Yep. Stern is pretty bad at keeping their distro network in the loop. Especially on accessories. And if you’ve got money held up, so does your distro. And depending on the distro, they would give you a refund if you wanted.

#570 9 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Any chance you can confirm the height of the topper?

Thx

#571 9 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

And I’m guessing refunds aren’t an option either

pretty sure you could get a refund, I don’t think any distro is worried about getting stuck holding the bag when expression lights are in stock. Thats the actual F

#572 9 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Any chance you can confirm the height of the topper?
Thx

I just went downstairs and measured. It is a little under 7.5in tall.

#573 9 months ago

same size as every other stern topper ever made.

IMG_6317 (resized).pngIMG_6317 (resized).png
#574 9 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

We had a blast tonight on stream. Stern hooked us up with Beta code so we were able to show off the Exclusive King of the Monsters Time Attack mode. I'm really impressed with how well the lightshow looks and the mode is a BLAST to play. Feel free to check out the stream!

So does this exclusive topper mode spoil the games King of the Monsters wizard mode and use assets from it? I stopped watching as don't want anything spoiled code wise once my premium arrives. Can this mode be played from reaching it within the main game or only at startup as shown in the video?

#575 9 months ago

For those wanting to watch the exclusive Godzilla Topper mode, here's a link to the dedicated video. Looks like a lot of fun!

#576 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So does this exclusive topper mode spoil the games King of the Monsters wizard mode and use assets from it? I stopped watching as don't want anything spoiled code wise once my premium arrives. Can this mode be played from reaching it within the main game or only at startup as shown in the video?

I'm pretty sure it is the Final Final wizard mode so yes it would involve spoilers.

#577 9 months ago

Monster Island Madness is the final final wiz mode

#578 9 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'm pretty sure it is the Final Final wizard mode so yes it would involve spoilers.

Quoted from bocce:

Monster Island Madness is the final final wiz mode

Thanks. Sounds like the new "exclusive" topper mode is one of the wizard modes, just that you can access it early? If so that's another negative IMO, thought it was something completely new and separate from the games existing rules. This sounds like how Ghostbusters allows you to play "Are you a God" on its own.

#579 9 months ago

ZMeny any update on the status of Rush EL kits?

#580 9 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have not been given a status update no

#581 9 months ago

Smelling Nostalgic: Candles That Smell Like Disney Theme Park Attractions

https://magiccandlecompany.com/sdtm

Did you know there is a candle that smells like the Pirates Of The Caribbean ride at Disney Theme Parks? That special, specific dank of The Haunted Mansion? How about the smell of the water and the log flume from the iconic Splash Mountain?

SDTM Zach looks to add the smell of nostalgia to his game room with the help of The Magic Candle Company. Watch as Zach gives a First-Smell and review to 5 different iconic theme park attraction candles.

Curious? Absolutely! Order your own Theme Park Attraction smell TODAY! And let us know in the Comments Section which is your favorite and if any help you recall the memories of wonder and magic!

LINK TO PURCHASE
https://magiccandlecompany.com/sdtm

Using the link above ALSO HELPS SDTM! Thanks for the support!

#582 9 months ago

Ahhhh Yeaaaah! Get Yours Ordered TODAY + FREE SHIPPING courtesy of Flip N Out Pinball LLC

[email protected]

godzilla pro flip n out ad (resized).pnggodzilla pro flip n out ad (resized).png
#583 9 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

https://www.midwestgamingstore.com/parts
Don't know much about these guys but they have it in stock.

#585 9 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

https://www.midwestgamingstore.com/parts
Don't know much about these guys but they have it in stock.

But they are not, Flip N Out!

#587 9 months ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

But they are not, Flip N Out!

Ok.

#589 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What is that thing?

It's a motorized sports card grading machine. You pay a fee using the coin slots then place the card under the flap to be scanned and graded. I expect Flip N Out will be selling these in the near future? (It's pretty sturdy, 'cause it's built like a tank!)

#590 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What Is That Thing?!
COMING SOON...

Hmm... so after milking the good people for $10 for an "exclusive" take on GTF over on TPS(spoiler alert: same as everyone else's take), now you're going to rehash it months after the fact in video form and it's such a big deal that we need a teaser?! Seems odd...
I wonder if maybe American Pinball change their mind and realize they should pay Zach (the only person in pinball capable of making decent puff pieces) to help promote the game? I guess we'll know if that was the case if the tone in the video is any different than the earlier impression!

#591 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Hmm... so after milking the good people for $10 for an "exclusive" take on GTF over on TPS(spoiler alert: same as everyone else's take), now you're going to rehash it months after the fact in video form and it's such a big deal that we need a teaser?! Seems odd...
I wonder if maybe American Pinball change their mind and realize they should pay Zach (the only person in pinball capable of making decent puff pieces) to help promote the game? I guess we'll know if that was the case if the tone in the video is any different than the earlier impression!

That's not fair and it's untrue. Our take on GTF! on The Pinball Show was greatness and much much different than other opinions. But, like, that's just our opinion, man.

Also, you've already decided what our opinion will be, pinned it into a corner, and covered your bases to assure you are not incorrect. That is, if we do not like it, then it's a "rehash", but if we like it then we are just trying to "milk" people? Is there a scenario where I am not a bastard trying to take advantage of everyone in the hobby? Oh, and thanks for stopping by and continuing the anti-support?

#592 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That's not fair and it's untrue. Our take on GTF! on The Pinball Show was greatness and much much different than other opinions. But, like, that's just our opinion, man.
Also, you've already decided what our opinion will be, pinned it into a corner, and covered your bases to assure you are not incorrect. That is, if we do not like it, then it's a "rehash", but if we like it then we are just trying to "milk" people? Is there a scenario where I am not a bastard trying to take advantage of everyone in the hobby? Oh, and thanks for stopping by and continuing the anti-support?

#593 9 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Did I call you a bastard or suggest you were taking advantage of anyone? So defensive! I like and follow STDM... that's how I saw the teaser. Also why I thought such an unsubstantial teaser unusual, especially for something that is relatively old news at this point. Also a lot of other great games out in the last year or so you haven't touched yet.

Forgive me for being bored and speculating as to motivations. Is that anti-supportive to put that speculation on a forum? Whoops. You choose to come to a forum to promote your stuff, where people can respond either way.

I don't think anyone think's its nefarious to do a paid promo piece (if that's even what it is, I'm quite likely wrong). The Pulp Fiction piece was great - everyone seemed to love it. If you publishing a video just standing in front of a GTF isn't for some timeline for a paid piece then maybe it's a little "March '23", but that's OK!

#594 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did I call you a bastard or suggest you were taking advantage of anyone? So defensive! I like and follow STDM... that's how I saw the teaser. Also why I thought such an unsubstantial teaser unusual, especially for something that is relatively old news at this point. Also a lot of other great games out in the last year or so you haven't touched yet.
Forgive me for being bored and speculating as to motivations. Is that anti-supportive to put that speculation on a forum? Whoops. You choose to come to a forum to promote your stuff, where people can respond either way.
I don't think anyone think's its nefarious to do a paid promo piece (if that's even what it is, I'm quite likely wrong). The Pulp Fiction piece was great - everyone seemed to love it. If you publishing a video just standing in front of a GTF isn't for some timeline for a paid piece then maybe it's a little "March '23", but that's OK!

Zach opens one of every new game. You’re just being a d. Keep on enjoying that free content and speculating about all the evil intentions.

I’d say maybe try to create some free content of your own and see how well it’s received…

#595 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

So defensive! I like and follow STDM...

Sure you do.....

#596 9 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

It’s all good. I am just always confused by people. Likely a ‘me thing’. Appreciate you watching, even if it comes with consistent complaining and unfounded statements that attempt to discredit.

#597 9 months ago
163E28AC-0A68-4FD7-84F6-7579558B27C3 (resized).jpeg163E28AC-0A68-4FD7-84F6-7579558B27C3 (resized).jpeg33F9E85C-C33D-42C7-B278-2D510EB6E1A1 (resized).png33F9E85C-C33D-42C7-B278-2D510EB6E1A1 (resized).png3D71ED82-7AA6-4F5A-9599-774AA9B88FFC (resized).png3D71ED82-7AA6-4F5A-9599-774AA9B88FFC (resized).png
#598 9 months ago

Iron Maiden Premium Pinball
BACK IN STOCK + FREE SHIPPING

Flip N Out Pinball
flipnoutpinball.com
[email protected]

maiden premium ad flip n out (resized).pngmaiden premium ad flip n out (resized).png
#599 9 months ago

Zach - any update on the Rush EL kits?

#600 9 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Zach - any update on the Rush EL kits?

Nope, still no update from Stern.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 815 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stream-channel-flip-n-out-pinball-with-ken-cromwell-amp-bill-webb/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.