View topic image gallery

image-576.jpg
image-747.jpg
image-99.jpg
image-410.jpg
image-242.jpg
image-581.jpg
image-685.jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I gotta say, ive been having some kick ass games on my ST today. I think my game is 'broken in', cause everything is flying smooth as smooth can be. My auto warp ramp extra ball is now up to 9! lol. I did start getting air balls for the first time on my slingshots, reduced the power on them in the settings, so hopefully that helps.

Also, with feature adjustment #33 turned to NO, I found a very fun strategy. Complete all 3 Destroy the drills for 2X warp ramp scoring. Managed to get through Destroy the drill, Klingon Battle, & Prime Objective level 3 missions. I think I had super pops for both level 2 & 3 lit but couldn't tell as I lost my ball after completing the level 3 - 3 in a row. Also Did KM mb this game. What a blast! Had to share

#52 10 years ago

Just got my st pre yesterday. Loving it.. Matter of fact, the whole family loves it. Need more time to discover all the rules. Game came with previous code, so want to understand more before I update. Great game!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Just got my st pre yesterday. Loving it.. Matter of fact, the whole family loves it. Need more time to discover all the rules. Game came with previous code, so want to understand more before I update. Great game!

Just update. It's not massively different...just more coolness!

#54 10 years ago

Great thread so far.

VERY helpful.

Let's keep it going

More tips and insight please

#55 10 years ago

Its unfortunate that the reactive decision was made to put a Phillips Head screw in a beautiful $$$ playfield just to kid oneself of a true, acceptable solution to me as an Owner. A little cognitive dissonance at Stern on that "screwy" decision. "Don't worry it is behind the pop bumper. They wont see it until after the check has cleared." Hey Stern....How about a post, or something you come up with, before you ship?

I will try my STLE deck a little steeper to keep the game play non-irritating. Concern is adding more speed to an already speedy table .

If that doesn't work much better, I might try taking a "Pad rubber with adhesive" ( #23-6828 from Marcos) and hand carve-sculpt it up to fit over the Phillips head screw, but yet still fit firmly affixed, flat and functional. The pad rubbers I have used are good for some dead spots, and SDTM return lanes such as on MM, R&B and JP.

On the bright side, carving a fix makes me look busy and keeps me in Studio G away from the.......

2 months later
#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Curious as your game is late production... Does it have this screw in the playfield by the pop bumpers?

image-685.jpg 57 KB

Why is this screw placed here?

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Why is this screw placed here?

STERN placed the screw in that location to prevent the pinball from settling in that spot. It really does not help. Here is a fix that works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 24.95
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stle-owner-tipshelp-welcomed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.