View topic image gallery

image-576.jpg
image-747.jpg
image-99.jpg
image-410.jpg
image-242.jpg
image-581.jpg
image-685.jpg
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I just added STLE #705 to my games. A special thanks to Mike at Great America Pinball for getting me the game and setting it up.

I'm happy to listen to any tips or help regarding the game or game play.

Thanks in advance.

#2 10 years ago

Would be interested to know if You have kickback issues from Rescue and have ball hang ups at lower pop bumpers.

If you don't that means Stern figured out fix in later games...but not to worry pinsiders did too if You have the issues!

Out of the box game is easy to get setup. And make sure and upgrade to 1.41.

Game is unreal and fast!!! Can't stop playing it! WOZLE is getting no love since STLE showed up...LOL

#3 10 years ago

Curious as your game is late production... Does it have this screw in the playfield by the pop bumpers?
image-685.jpgimage-685.jpg

#4 10 years ago

My game has a screw in the play field similar to the picture.

I have played a few games but am uncertain what the kickback issues are. Let me know and I'll watch for it.

I am a WOZLE owner too. From the few games I've played on STLE like it. It seems to be a different type of game than WOZ. After the initial "newness" of STLE it will be interesting to see if I gravitate to one game over another or play them both equally.

How do I check to see what version is on the machine? Is it at startup like WOZ or from the service menu somewhere?

What does the "punch it" button do during game play?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

What does the "punch it" button do during game play?

If you press it during multi ball a boxing glove will fly out of the coin door and junk punch you

Seriously though the punch it button will launch the ball when you start a game and it also fires photon torpedoes and phasers at vengeance when available.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Goalerj:

I just added STLE #705 to my games. A special thanks to Mike at Great America Pinball for getting me the game and setting it up.
I'm happy to listen to any tips or help regarding the game or game play.
Thanks in advance.

Turn feature adjustment #33 to NO. Not a big gameplay change but if you do ever decide to go 3 deep in modes; this adjustment makes it worthwhile.

There's a screw in the top right of the pf that has a passageway between the ramps if you ever want/need to adjust your warp ramp return. I've played with mine a few times and got it perfect for normal hits. Fast hard hits are still a but wild.

Make sure your pitch is about 6.6 deg. If you have problems with the ball flying off the left wire form ramp, you can give the nut on the left slinger that mounts the ramp about a full turn clockwise to tighten the ramp more firm.

Good luck, congrats, and have fun

#7 10 years ago

When you 1st turn on game the screen displays version on the right side. Mine now says V1.41

You'll know You have the kickback problem when you lose the ball down the right side where the Rescue light is and it doesn't kick ball back on the playfield when the Rescue is lit.

Enjoy Your game. Fast game with lots of flow and a light show that is amazing!

#8 10 years ago

Thanks for all of the help.

#9 10 years ago

Look on pinside at the various ST/STLE "x.xx code out now!" threads for gameplay suggestions. Or watch videos that have been posted.

I'd offer this highlight:
ST rewards combo shots in a big way during modes, multiballs, and Vengeance modes -- and I'm glad it does, because it encourages you to hit combos, which is where this pin really shines. Aesthetically, the alternating ramp combos are satisfying, but the best is nailing the R ramp -> L orbit -> Warp Ramp.

Eligible combo shots are the red Enterprise inserts -- they will temporarily light on the shots that combos.

#10 10 years ago

Has anyone put a pro or premium translate in their LE?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

image-581.jpgimage-581.jpg

#12 10 years ago

So what's the deal with the screw by the pop bumpers? Has anyone removed it?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

So what's the deal with the screw by the pop bumpers? Has anyone removed it?

its used to fix a ball trap in the pop area.

#14 10 years ago

Also if you haven't watched this all ready.. a great start to understanding basic modes and strategy..

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

its used to fix a ball trap in the pop area.

Mine still hangs up at times even with the screw. I'm going to look into other mods when I re-rubber the upper playfield.

#16 10 years ago

Here's a tip - I noticed RVDV's machine was getting a better disco laser show than mine. He had dots all over the asteroids, the back panel...mine was tame by comparison. I took a look at my laser & figured out if I aim it down just slightly, more laser FX come out of the half-circle hole in the apron. The base was raised off the playfield by a hair...but just getting it down even with the playfield made a huge difference in the laser show. I put a washer under the right-most screw hole in the base which causes the left side to get pushed down flat with the playfield.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

image-581.jpg 178 KB

Looks far better with that translite rather that the back glass

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

A matter of taste. I am one of those people who dislikes translite/backglass art made up almost entirely of faces.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

To each his own but I like the LE backglass way better than the pro and premium translight.

#20 10 years ago

Had my LE for about a week. The right flasher (the one that looks like a spotlight near the right flipper) popped out. Used my wife's awesome "glue spot" - a disk of pre-formed glue to keep it in. Looks like it was originally held in with some type of rubber cement or hot glue.

Also, put a round felt pad (like the ones you use under a lamp when on wood) on the screw in the pop bumpers. Be careful that none of it touches the pop bumper itself or it won't fire correctly. I trimmed one side of it to keep it from touching the pop up. So far so good, not confident it will be a good long-term fix though.

#21 10 years ago

That's a good number. Never had a problem with pop bumpers so I'm guessing they fixed it in later numbers - mine is very late like yours. Only had the rescue miss the ball twice in over 200 hundred games. Why I never like early numbers as there is no chance for any revision if a problem pops up. Of course we could just be lucky.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

To each his own but I like the LE backglass way better than the pro and premium translight.

x's 2, look what happened with STTNG, everyone wants one without the faces

#23 10 years ago

I had a few questions about gameplay that might be helpful for this new owner too.

1. What is Captain's Chair for? I get it lit regularly but have no idea what the goal is during it, and how to use it to score more points.

2. How do you win Level 2 modes? I can clear Level 1 and get Kobyashi Maru done, but I can almost never intentionally clear a Level 2 mode. They usually eventually time out somehow, or I win them unintentionally in a multiball.

3. How do you get into Victory Lap? How do you stay there? What shots do you make and what do you get for them? I have gotten it a few times but am not sure how and not sure how it ended (new mode shots maybe?).

4. What's "Special" and how do you light it?

Also, some suggestions:

1. Set the warp ramp extra ball from "AUTO" to something fixed. I am using 6, but even then my kids can't get it almost ever.

2. Immediately buy some of those 3/8 or 7/16 bumper rings for the posts. I had mine under two weeks before they started failing. I ordered 20.

3. Hold a flipper when launching a ball (or right after launching it) to get the ball to go down that orbit instead of into the pop bumpers. You can then also get a skill shot. I almost always try for the warp ramp skill shot for 1.5 million.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Admiral:

I had a few questions about gameplay that might be helpful for this new owner too.
1. What is Captain's Chair for? I get it lit regularly but have no idea what the goal is during it, and how to use it to score more points.

As of 1.41, it's just an indicator that you've acheived 3-in-a-row and have Super Pops, Super Spinner, or Super Ramps.

Quoted from Admiral:

2. How do you win Level 2 modes? I can clear Level 1 and get Kobyashi Maru done, but I can almost never intentionally clear a Level 2 mode. They usually eventually time out somehow, or I win them unintentionally in a multiball.

Shoot all the lit shots to complete. Some are timed, some aren't. For timed ones, If you run out of time before you hit all shots (ex. Prime Directive), when you restart the mode you'll continue where you left off. Non-timed ones, like Nero...just hit all the shots. Look at the DMD, you'll see 3 Romulans - lit shots correspond to which one you'll shoot. It says on screen how many hits are left. If you lose the ball, you'll continue where you left off if you start again.

Level 3 are the hardest as you have to complete them in one go. If you time out or lose a ball, you start from scratch each time.

Quoted from Admiral:

3. How do you get into Victory Lap? How do you stay there? What shots do you make and what do you get for them? I have gotten it a few times but am not sure how and not sure how it ended (new mode shots maybe?).

Destroy the Vengeance during Vengeance Multiball. This starts Victory Laps. All lit white shots are Victory Lap shots. Shoot them. It ends when you're down to 1 ball again.

Quoted from Admiral:

4. What's "Special" and how do you light it?

I don't think it's coded yet.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Why would you?

#26 10 years ago

I've emailed Stern about this, but have still not gotten a response. I am having a problem with the Vengeance multiball. When I shoot the captured ball at the start, the second ball just sticks to the magnet with the first one 90% of the time. It doesn't release and award the third ball. When the timer runs out, it will drop both balls. My first thought was the optos, but they test fine. Anyone else seeing this and found a solution?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I've emailed Stern about this, but have still not gotten a response. I am having a problem with the Vengeance multiball. When I shoot the captured ball at the start, the second ball just sticks to the magnet with the first one 90% of the time. It doesn't release and award the third ball. When the timer runs out, it will drop both balls. My first thought was the optos, but they test fine. Anyone else seeing this and found a solution?

I saw this on another machine...assumed that it had to be the front opto line not registering. Mine is actually very sensitive - sometimes a weak roll up into that shot registers without even getting way up in there. A few times the drop target went up and launched the ball before it got behind it!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I saw this on another machine

I saw it several times during the tournament at Robert's. I feel like we saw it on your machine too, but I could be remembering wrong, you'd certainly know better.

#29 10 years ago

In the feature menu, there are 2 settings labeled Klingon Battle timer - one defaults to less than a minute and the other defaults to 500 seconds. Any idea what this second one is??

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

That happens on occasion with mine as well. It was happening back at Expo on the Pro models in the tournament. It's either a software bug or a design flaw. The 2 or 3 times it's happened to me, the shots were varying in strength.

#31 10 years ago

Another piece of advice: Cliffy protectors ASAP. He does make ST:LE protectors... just not up on his site yet.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

When I shoot the captured ball at the start, the second ball just sticks to the magnet with the first one 90% of the time.

Ordinarily I don't recommend wax for new games, but... If you haven't already, I would try waxing the playfield on both sides of the magnet. Less grip there should improve your knock off percentage. Also make sure your drop target is flush with the playfield when it's down.

Quoted from zsciaeount:

It's either a software bug or a design flaw.

Seems like it's mostly doing what they want (a feature). My knock off success rate is increasing the more I play the game. Just like my warp ramp success rate.

#33 10 years ago

I got my Bird of prey and most of my cliffys installed today
image-99.jpgimage-99.jpg.
image-410.jpgimage-410.jpgimage-242.jpgimage-242.jpg

#34 10 years ago

Personally that bird of prey would bug me...it blocks the view of the left orbit shot. Or it distracts from it anyway.

How are you liking the pin??

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Ordinarily I don't recommend wax for new games, but... If you haven't already, I would try waxing the playfield on both sides of the magnet. Less grip there should improve your knock off percentage. Also make sure your drop target is flush with the playfield when it's down.

Seems like it's mostly doing what they want (a feature). My knock off success rate is increasing the more I play the game. Just like my warp ramp success rate.

I don't believe it is supposed to be a physical knock off from the magnet. The rules state that a hit to the captured ball will add a ball to the playfield. On the rare occasion it works correctly, it immediately releases the 2 balls from the magnet and ejects a third ball. Most of the time it doesn't put the third ball in play and when the timer runs out it releases the 2 balls. Many times the hit is hard enough to drive the captured ball up the lane and the ball you hit rests on the magnet. On the METLE, there was an issues with stray light affecting the optos on the grave marker lane. I've tried removing the Vengeance flasher, but it didn't make a difference.

#36 10 years ago

Rob I am totally loving the pin! The Bird prey is adjustable i like that it hides the up kicker it doesn't seem to block my view but I just installed it so the jury is still out.

image-747.jpgimage-747.jpg

#37 10 years ago

I got my Bird of prey and most of my cliffys installed today

I ordered several Cliffy sets including the STLE and in the box, I had some loose pieces. How many pieces are in the Cliffy set for the STLE? I had 4 pieces in the bag itself (left lock, magnet, and the 2-piece ball eject). Any others in the set?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Could be that the Pinball you are using is slowly becoming Magnetized. I found this to be the case with the Silver Jet's I was using to replace the OEM balls with.

#39 10 years ago

I posted about this and somebody said it was always like this on this type of shot. You have to either hit it very hard or avoid it. I thought the black hole target added the extra ball. At least I aim for that and it seems to start 3 or 4 ball multiball.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

I had this issue on an ST Pro. My LE hasn't had the problem. On a rare occasion, if hit with a VERY weak shot, the ball has hung on to the magnet with the captured ball, and a slight nudge will release them both. 95% of the time, a hit of any force will release both balls.

Quoted from zsciaeount:

In the feature menu, there are 2 settings labeled Klingon Battle timer - one defaults to less than a minute and the other defaults to 500 seconds. Any idea what this second one is??

I saw that too... I'm assuming it's just the timer for Klingon Multiball. At 500, you're likely to lose the multiball before the mode times out. I think that's the point of it.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from zsciaeount:

I ordered several Cliffy sets including the STLE and in the box, I had some loose pieces. How many pieces are in the Cliffy set for the STLE? I had 4 pieces in the bag itself (left lock, magnet, and the 2-piece ball eject). Any others in the set?

Nope that's the whole Cliffy kit 4pc but I added a right lane eject gaurd. Over time the ball kicking into the shooter lane will begin to crush the wood rail in so I added the protector, it bolts on where the bubble level goes (I just moved the bubble level up)... I'm pretty sure it's not a cliffy can't remember who makes them.
image-576.jpgimage-576.jpg

#42 10 years ago

What can we add to the right apron to remove the warning sticker?

#43 10 years ago

You would need to order the pro sticker set to replace the warning.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

A matter of taste. I am one of those people who dislikes translite/backglass art made up almost entirely of faces.

The game is called start trek which is all about the crew taking a trek through space the game is not called the enterprise . The best place for the back glass is on the wall behind the machine or try sell it on ebay GOOD LUCK !

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

The game is called start trek which is all about the crew taking a trek through space the game is not called the enterprise . The best place for the back glass is on the wall behind the machine or try sell it on ebay GOOD LUCK !

Actually you are wrong! the best place for that MIRRORED BACKGLASS is on my game! The last thing I want is a bunch of actors in random poses on my machine. (I assume your also a fan of the STTNG backglass?)

#46 10 years ago

Actually you are wrong! the best place for that MIRRORED BACKGLASS is on my game! The last thing I want is a bunch of actors in random poses on my machine. (I assume your also a fan of the STTNG backglass?)

FairPlay but this is coming from a true Trekkie

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

FairPlay but this is coming from a true Trekkie

Back attacha, I have seen every Star Trek episode ever made
Lets agree on one thing ST is an Awesome game!

#48 10 years ago

Back attacha, I have seen every Star Trek episode ever made
Lets agree on one thing ST is an Awesome game!

It will be even better if I have one in my house maybe in the upcoming years ?

All I got is a translite well That said all

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from sillyoldelf:

You would need to order the pro sticker set to replace the warning.

Where do they sell these?

#50 10 years ago

Yes, it is a mirrored backglass not a piece of plastic and I was surprised how good it looks in the flesh.

Who wants actors on the backglass unless they are hot chicks!!!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stle-owner-tipshelp-welcomed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.