Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

duds (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 6 years ago

Patience is such an incredible virtue in this hobby, and sadly, the vast majority of this community lacks it. I remember playing a TWD on location in Dayton, and I saw how much of the animations were missing (the big code drop of 2015 had just occurred, so I could compare Bowen's tutorial with a game on location that had not received the code update yet), and I tried playing it and couldn't believe how bad it was. I had the luxury of knowing how good the code REALLY was thanks to Bowen's recent tutorial, but if that didn't exist, I would have never looked back. Anyways, I went home and purchased a TWD Pro with the brand new code installed from Stern, and I was blown away - to the point I traded it and got a TWD Prem - $10k in 2 pins in about 2 months.

Point is: the wait is worth it, and I know I will doing a pin a MASSIVE disservice by judging it on the code it receives with its initial release. Yeah, it's a bummer to have to wait a year+, but man, with life happening all around me and limited funds, it gives me time to get my money ready so when the code is solid and "it's time" - I can purchase my game with the utmost confidence. GOT came out in what, 2015, and I JUST purchased mine. I am 100% happy with my purchase.

Echoing what others have said: GOT is the sleeper right now. Improve the art (which, FTR, I am just fine, but I recognize that is a big factor on its relative quiet existence), and it would blow up like crazy.

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

But from what I see, there's no such thing as a poor initial selling game (unless it's some fringe one-off creation).

WWE.

You can prolly STILL get an LE of it. One distributor told me if I bought one I'd get 2 for the price of 1.....I almost wonder if he was kidding or not.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NPO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sterns-which-duds-became-great?tu=NPO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.