Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

duds (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I'm glad it's not just me. The strange part is that the game does share a lot of similarities with BDK in terms of layout but BDK shoots way better and doesn't feel clunky to me. I don't love the BDK layout but I don't mind it either. If BM66 would have been a straight copy of the BDK layout I think I'd like it a lot more. BM66 just plays so piss poor that I can't get any enjoyment from it despite the rules being interesting and fun. And I've played numerous examples so I don't think it's just a matter of how the game was set up.

It's not just you. The LE we had on location here was the king of klunk and that was with an operator who takes meticulous care of his games. I found myself saying "klunky" out loud when I would play it and have the orbit rattle on a clean shot or the scoop reject. It was always so weird since BDK shot so smooth. Never an orbit issue or bounce out from Scarecrow on that game. The klunkiness (and complete lack of code) turned me off to the game big time and I started not even playing it for $.25 a game since there was 20 other games to play instead. It has since been pulled from the location.

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

100% agree with this. One of my favourite games by far. Got rid of my decked out Tron, still have my xmen and always will.

X-men really has come a long way. I don't see my X-men going anywhere anytime soon either. Such a fun, challenging game.

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I second that. WWE I just can't get into the layout/rules

I have one and love mine. I like it because the layout is unique and the game is super difficult. A lot of people don't like the game because they only played it before it's first code update when there was a lot of down time in the ring. Even after the code update, the rules aren't super straight forward though so people walking up to the game don't really know what to do outside of the ring. It's not a perfect game by a long shot, but I really hope it does eventually get that last update it needs to clean up some bugs and fix some rules to take it to the next level. I would love to see more games that are out of the box like WWE. There are already so many standard fan layouts with recycled layouts, shots and rule sets.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LesManley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-sterns-which-duds-became-great?tu=LesManley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.