3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by MJW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

How are people hooking up external subs on new sterns? Speaker wire soldered to the speaker ran out the back? Or the board that allows for rca cables? How do you do multiple games on one sub? And where do you run the wires out the back without drilling a hole? I want to add a sub to deadpool and maiden

#2 3 months ago

I use alligator clips with speaker wire attached to the cabinet speaker. I loosen the cabinet speaker and feed the speaker wire under the speaker out of the cabinet. As far as hooking up to the sub, it seems to depend on what sub you buy. The polk psw10 hooks up just by putting the speaker wire in the red and black inputs. The Monoprice 12” sub I just bought was more difficult and there is a full thread on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/12-150w-monoprice-sub-79-free-shipping

#3 3 months ago

Awesome. Thank you. I was hoping to go out the back of the cab to hide the wires, but your way seems easy. Was hoping to buy a couple polk psw10 today, but no one is as cheap as amazon so ill have to wait on shipping. How many games can you hook up to the polks?

#4 3 months ago

2 games doing it the way I discribed.

#5 3 months ago

Ok thanks. Hows the sound if youre playing both games? Im debating if i want 1 per game, or 1 for 2. I have an infinity hooked up to met pro and it makes a world of difference

#6 3 months ago

I have my MET and GOT hooked up to the psw10 and it sounds great. I highly recommend it.

#7 3 months ago

I use Pinnovators' sub connection modules and Polk PSW10 subwoofers on all my Sterns. Easy peasy and their volume control/headphone jack panel for the coin door is indispensable too. Unfortunately, the latter isn't available from them (yet) for Spike games.

I typically run the connecting RCA cable out of the cabinet via a screened vent. Just pry the screen up as needed to fish the cable through.

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32_24

#8 3 months ago

Ill probably go that route. I picked up 2 polk psw10 today, im going to run it with speaker cable alligator clipped until i can figure out the pinnovator stuff. I think id prefer that

#9 3 months ago

Aligator clips have always worked well for me...and easy to remove when switching to another game.

#10 3 months ago

Yep. Installed in a few minutes. Maiden and deadpool needed this! Met has an i finity on it and already sounded good

#11 3 months ago

Anyone esle have issues of static or crackling when turning up the volume. Purchased an Iron Maiden and if Turing up to loud I am getting this

#12 3 months ago
    Quoted from LJH:

Anyone esle have issues of static or crackling when turning up the volume. Purchased an Iron Maiden and if Turing up to loud I am getting this

I have the same issue and I havebflipper fidelity kit installed. Vireland has sugggested installing a amp and Stern amp cant keep up. He made a thread detailing the process. I’ll do that or just use an external Polk sub like my other pins have. Best sound in my opinion.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    £ 79.00
    Playfield - Other
    PinballToys
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside