05-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
12-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_165426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191108_224241 (resized).jpg
92992EF0-A738-4EA1-BB76-8B1350A3A879 (resized).png
4C4F54A1-D69A-44ED-A947-AA3197E8FF61 (resized).png
6C67310B-0076-4B27-A950-E4821ECEFC17 (resized).jpeg
C5CC2DC9-3866-4069-A276-26EA1ACB23FC (resized).png
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#2 4 years ago

Looks great, art goes along way.. i wish they kinda remixed the PF graphics layout though.

#3 4 years ago
star_wars (resized).jpgstar_wars (resized).jpg
#4 4 years ago

I was just posting the same thing... lol. Guess it wasn't selling well. This will help but i think most people that wanted one probably have it.

#5 4 years ago

Wow! That art looks great! HUGE improvement.

#6 4 years ago

I'm glad they revisited the art. But I'm having a hard time getting over their font choice...

I get it's a comic influenced design, but meh

#7 4 years ago

Not a fan of the art style at all. Nice there are more choices out there for people though.

#8 4 years ago

Pictures are up on Stern's Facebook page now.

#9 4 years ago

Stern must be feeling nostalgic about their Data East Roots

#11 4 years ago

So the real questions is, what effect will this have on the prices of the older games? My guess is that the LE will take the biggest hit. Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

#12 4 years ago

Wow I never saw that coming.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

So the real questions is, what effect will this have on the prices of the older games? My guess is that the LE will take the biggest hit. Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

i honestly don't think it will affect the "old" art. I think it's good for people to have options and if you don't care for the comic book art, you can always get the "old" version, and vice versa.

#14 4 years ago

Got to hand it to Stern, they are finding all kinds of ways to keep the production line moving.

Give us some more code updates on the games we are waiting for - that always gets new buyers

#15 4 years ago

the playfield looks worse imo. never ever wanted any different art on my premium playfield or cabinet.

#17 4 years ago

It's too bad Stern didn't go with this style artwork in the first place. Looks way better!

#18 4 years ago

Stunning! I've been wanting a SW but just never pulled the trigger. This will probably make me do it now. Great job Stern.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess it wasn't selling well

It's a two year old game. My guess is stern had already moved all their games to distributors a year ago or more, and now they want a new run to sell to distributors. It's not like Stern is sitting on tons of boxes of games in their factory. That's why they have the distributor model. This new game does zero to move the existing games that may be leftover at distributors.

I think this new art style is a home run. It's the version I'd get if I could afford NIB games regularly.

#20 4 years ago

I wonder who the artist is?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I honestly don't think it will affect the "old" art. I think it's good for people to have options and if you don't care for the comic book art, you can always get the "old" version, and vice versa.

Yeah, it's hard to say how the market will react. If people go gaga over the new art, then it may, at least in the short term, affect pricing of the older games. That's what happened with AC/DC premiums when the Luci's were first announced.

#22 4 years ago

This was a nice unexpected surprise looks really good.

#23 4 years ago

That art looks really great but unless they've animated all the movie clips to match I feel it will clash with all the HD live action and look of the display. I think the classic LE has the best overall package still

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

It's in the article. His name is Randy Martinez. He is a Lucasfilm artist.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Double post.

#26 4 years ago

Art looks cool. Always good to have options. I’ll stick with my le though. Like the Star Wars original.

#27 4 years ago

WOW!! Looks really good. I like the Pro art better in this version. Old version I liked the premium better. Should boost a couple hundred more sales. Could be more limited then the LE since most have already bought the old version.

#28 4 years ago

I smell new art blades, etc......

#29 4 years ago

Looks like artwork re-do is the new way for Vaults at Stern...

#30 4 years ago

The best part about Stern artwork is if you don't like it, you can just peel it off.

#31 4 years ago

I like the new Premium cabinet but I’d replace with either the Pro Translite or the 2017 Premium Translite.

#32 4 years ago

This is unexpected and awesome. Hope it helps those that were not satisfied with the original art give this game a second chance. I am thankfully happy with my pro art, especially the cab/translite, but the new ones are also super cool, and that playfield is definitely an improvement. Wouldn't mind hanging one or both of the new translites in the gameroom someday, that's for sure! Pretty cool surprise for a Friday. I hope it's a big hit for Stern!

#33 4 years ago

Damn been kind of wanting a star wars and been moving games to get a new one.

All I can say is I'm very tempted to get a new in box for the first time in a while

#34 4 years ago

Lol. An attempt to sell left over parts. Let’s be real.

#35 4 years ago

For a second I thought this was just a remix of the art on Star Wars: The Pin, so it's cool that it's actually the full game.

#36 4 years ago

you can paint a turd and its still a turd.

#37 4 years ago

Will the footage on the backbox screen be comics-style too???

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Basically yes.

#39 4 years ago

Looks cool, but it Seems like they are trying to squeeze every last cent out of their star wars license? First 3 models in 2017 then the home version a few months back now 2 more Editions now.. Seems a lot like what Jersey Jack did with Woz..

#40 4 years ago

Wow the new art package really makes me want a premium, as it's focused more on the Empire. Just look at all the Bounty Hunters on the side of the head! You've got Grand Moff Tarkin, Boba Fett, the Sarlac pit, Luke/Vader Bespin duel, yoda/luke force training on the drops, cool tie fighters, etc. I love it

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Lol. An attempt to sell left over parts. Let’s be real.

Lets be real? who was thinking anything other than that and what a smart move to do so. I had a Pro played the shit out of it and it left a while ago, might be time to for it to come back.

#42 4 years ago

Cool option for a great game. Maybe it can attract some more fans.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Then be more careful next time when u paint.

gettyimages-109726378-1024x1024 (resized).jpggettyimages-109726378-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
#45 4 years ago

Who wants an original pro at a discount?

#46 4 years ago

How's the clear on these?

#47 4 years ago

So I own the game love the game had it for two years still love the game and I think the new art is amazing and it sucks that I have the old art

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Who wants an original pro at a discount?

I do, but I'm guessing you weren't thinking a 50% discount ...

#49 4 years ago

Wow looks awesome. Was never interested in this game, but honestly on my radar now.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I do, but I'm guessing you weren't thinking a 50% discount ...

Let the negotiations begin haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.95
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-wars-art?hl=bowtech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.