05-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
12-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_165426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191108_224241 (resized).jpg
92992EF0-A738-4EA1-BB76-8B1350A3A879 (resized).png
4C4F54A1-D69A-44ED-A947-AA3197E8FF61 (resized).png
6C67310B-0076-4B27-A950-E4821ECEFC17 (resized).jpeg
C5CC2DC9-3866-4069-A276-26EA1ACB23FC (resized).png
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Debating can get :
SW premium one owner no mods around 600 total plays.
SW nib comic art for $800 more.
The huo pin will involve me driving there and back time wasted.
I prefer the comic art not sure if it’s enough to sway me to spend that much more.

I'd get NIB comic art one. It's the better looking version and will be far more rare and hold value better than the standard Premium.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Just spoke with an honest distributor. They told me the clear coat is much thinner now, they unboxed a sw comic today.
Is this a bad thing or not?

My opinion is much better. Thick clearcoat chips, cracks, etc. When you see HEP do clear, he does not glob it on there...

#203 4 years ago

Got my pro today. Beautiful art and no
playfield problems noted.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Got my pro today. Beautiful art and no
playfield problems noted.

Pics or it didn't happen. Lol.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My opinion is much better. Thick clearcoat chips, cracks, etc. When you see HEP do clear, he does not glob it on there...

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Does HEP apply clearcoat so thin you can actually see the ink lines & inserts?

I dont think he does. But, I'm a pauper & wouldn't know. Based on his pics the games look like beautiful glass.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Debating can get :
SW premium one owner no mods around 600 total plays.
SW nib comic art for $800 more.
The huo pin will involve me driving there and back time wasted.
I prefer the comic art not sure if it’s enough to sway me to spend that much more.

Comic edition all damn day

$800 gets ya a brand new game with warranty thats rare, more desired, likely to hold value better, looks FAR better IMO & it just magically arrives to your driveway with zero effort/time.

Grab a calculator, take your household income divided by 2080 hrs then multiply that result by the time you'd spend on a used game door to door to determine the **cost** of the HUO

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Does HEP apply clearcoat so thin you can actually see the ink lines & inserts?
I dont think he does. But, I'm a pauper & wouldn't know. Based on his pics the games look like beautiful glass.

No. But my game doesn’t look like that...

His work is beautiful. But nobody is comparing off the shelf games with HEP.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No. But my game doesn’t look like that...
His work is beautiful. But nobody is comparing off the shelf games with HEP.

Your game is fine. A proper clear coat job should not look like glass. Look at any diamondplate WMS game. You can see and feel the inserts and line work.

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Your game is fine. A proper clear coat job should not look like glass. Look at any diamondplate WMS game. You can see and feel the inserts and line work.

Yes - that was my point. My game is fine and great. I actually like less clear and was pretty happy that this game was less coated.

#211 4 years ago

I prefer by far the original edition of SW premium.

In my opinion Star Wars is all about the first 3 movies.
Star Wars is not about cartoon and comic book, it's about the 3 first movies filmed in the reality, that's why the original edition with more realistic graphics is certainly the more evident and by far better looking for the eyes. I cannot feel the Star Wars world in the comic edition, it look very curious to me, strong lack of details give me bad feeling, i don't feel the immersion in the Star Wars world.

On the other hand, Spider Man is all about comic books, and i'm not sure why the ''vault'' comic edition was not well received, very curious !! I prefer by far Spider Man comic edition than Spider Man ''movie'' edition.

#212 4 years ago

Everybody has their own preferences
and likes. I love the original movies and thought
the original art looked good But to me when I saw the
first pics of the comic art editions it blew me away and
seemed to give new life to the game. It's good to have choices.

#213 4 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I prefer by far the original edition of SW premium.
Star Wars is not about cartoon and comic book, it's about the 3 first movies filmed in the reality, that's why the original edition with more realistic graphics is certainly the more evident and by far better looking for the eyes. I cannot feel the Star Wars world in the comic edition, it look very curious to me, strong lack of details give me bad feeling, i don't feel the immersion in the Star Wars world.
On the other hand, Spider Man is all about comic books, and i'm not sure why the ''vault'' comic edition was not well received, very curious !! I prefer by far Spider Man comic edition than Spider Man ''movie'' edition.

I completely agree. Nobody asked for this comic book and now that it's out the followers are falling in line.

#214 4 years ago

I got my comic art (pro) yesterday. I've played the original pro and enjoyed it immensely, but to me the comic art really pops. Hopefully it helps bring some new faces into the hobby. I've been without a machine for a decade, and this pin helped draw me back in

IMG_20191108_224241 (resized).jpgIMG_20191108_224241 (resized).jpg
#215 4 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Star Wars is not about cartoon and comic book, it's about the 3 first movies filmed in the reality, that's why the original edition with more realistic graphics is certainly the more evident and by far better looking for the eyes.

PLUS you have comic art pin, but the screen shows you the films. This does not fit. In an opposite way it would be the same AS would show you on the screen real AS (Concerts, MTV-Clips or so). In this case, the pinsiders would have bashed Stern.

But when it is SW, it´s supi dupi.

Strange world.

#216 4 years ago

Well, since the first Marvel Star Wars comic book came out a month before the movie in 1977, I think it's fine. I personally prefer the comic art, but have no issues with the other, but being pinside....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_(1977_comic_book)

#217 4 years ago

The comic book art style is all we had to tide us over for 3 years until the next movie came out. We weren't able to binge watch them over and over or watch you tube videos about it.

We had toys and comic book art.

I love it.

#218 4 years ago

I think the comic art looks nice and I don't have a problem with the art not being photo realistic, glad there is more to pick from and this is a 2 year old pin so maybe it will get some more sales, win-win.

#219 4 years ago

Also why I love my pro comic art ...
I've collected comics for over 40 years.

IMG_20191110_165426 (resized).jpgIMG_20191110_165426 (resized).jpg
#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

PLUS you have comic art pin, but the screen shows you the films. This does not fit. In an opposite way it would be the same AS would show you on the screen real AS (Concerts, MTV-Clips or so). In this case, the pinsiders would have bashed Stern.
But when it is SW, it´s supi dupi.
Strange world.

I was concerned about that as well, but there is really no mismatch. Star Wars is Star Wars. The characters are beloved whether hand drawn or in a video clip.

I consider myself a Star Wars fan, but not crazy. I have never gone to any conventions. I open my Star Wars toys and play with them. I have read some of the new Marvel comics that have been issued in the last few years and really enjoy the art style. I did not have an issue with the “photoshopped” style of the initial design, but the comic one absolutely blows it away, for me personally, at least.

If someone is not a fan of Star Wars comics, of course they will probably not see the appeal of the new artwork.

#221 4 years ago

I'd be more concerned over which playfield has more potential to pool/chip....Might be a safer bet to find an earlier pre-owned.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Metengo:

You have comic art on the cabinet and translite but the screen shows you the films. This does not fit.

Screen images and cabinet and playfield art styles don't have to match. Elvira's House of Horrors has original Greg Freres art but actual new video of Elvira on the LCD screen, which is the perfect combination to me.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I thought almost everyone prefers original art to photoshopped pics for cabinets and playfields? Cab art and screen images do not have to match.
Elvira's House of Horrors has original Greg Freres art but actual new video of Elvira on the LCD screen, which is the perfect combination to me.

All of the art on the original pro / prem / LE is hand drawn. No photographs inserted. It is just a more photo realistic art style vs comic.

#224 4 years ago

Has anyone heard from their distributor what type of run Stern is doing on these? Similar low hundreds run like ACDC Luci, or run these to order until the licence expires? I love to get the new art premium but a little cash poor at the moment.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Has anyone heard from their distributor what type of run Stern is doing on these? Similar low hundreds run like ACDC Luci, or run these to order until the licence expires? I love to get the new art premium but a little cash poor at the moment.

The distributor I bought mine from told me the initial run is only 200. I don't know why he would make that up. If it sells well I can't imagine they would stop there, but if it's true, that would essentially make this art package more like a LE.

#226 4 years ago

Help me decide, I like SW now and want to get a comic art.

The cabinet on the premium is not my choice but I do like the Vader translight. However the hyper loop (coolest toy) is a big obstruction to the PF art.

Then you have the pro version, I prefer the cabinet art and the playfield art is not obstructed and the clear ramps allow more art to be seen as well.

Full unobstructed PF.

I did play SW pro found it less fun than some of the premium SW that I played, but maybe the game was not set up as well I suspect.

So while I love the hyperloop, so it a mistake to buy a pro. (which I like better looking and costs $1700 less)?
12-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg12-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
05-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg05-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg

#227 4 years ago

I wouldn’t worry about the hyperloop. After playing it a bunch, it didn’t obstruct view from the players perspective. Thousands of plays here.

#228 4 years ago

Just shit or get off the pot already.
Wireforms blocking playfield art? Good lord.

#229 4 years ago

Go with the the pro .fun game either way

#230 4 years ago

pro

#231 4 years ago

While I don’t think the hyper loop obstructing the art is a problem, the Pro plays amazing if it’s set up well. My NIB Pro Comic art needed zero adjustments. I didn’t even touch the outlanes. I own a bunch of the X-Wing miniatures ships and was planning on adding the Falcon, Slave 1 and some X-wings but the playfield artwork is so vibrant and detailed that I decided not to detract from it at all.

#232 4 years ago

I owned the pro and liked it, but really enjoyed the premium. GO PREMIUM!

#233 4 years ago

SO HAPPY !!! This is an amazing game ... fast and fun !!! The comic artwork is beautiful.....

B6907E43-6F99-4A09-A2FE-8234BA3CF1A0 (resized).jpegB6907E43-6F99-4A09-A2FE-8234BA3CF1A0 (resized).jpeg
#234 4 years ago

I'm about to pull the trigger on the premium

#235 4 years ago

“Do or do not” ... but please do something.

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

“Do or do not” ... but please do something.

You mad bro?

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm about to pull the trigger on the premium

Good.... Go to the Darkside!

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

SO HAPPY !!! This is an amazing game ... fast and fun !!! The comic artwork is beautiful.....[quoted image]

Wow, that looks darn gorgeous! Congrats!

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think the comic art looks nice and I don't have a problem with the art not being photo realistic, glad there is more to pick from and this is a 2 year old pin so maybe it will get some more sales, win-win.

Agree comic version looks fantastic, but isn’t this pin almost 4 years old? Introduced beginning 2017 with pro version, then came LEs. My LE is date stamped June 19, 2017. So this isn’t a two year old pin. Watching the artist in the SW comic release he states, it’s nice to reinvigorate a 4 year old pin. The comic versions does reinvigorate SW, imo. Love the comic artwork. (Corrected dates)

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agree comic version looks fantastic, but this pin is 4 years old. Introduced 2016 with pro version, then came LEs. My LE is date stamped January 19, 2017. So this isn’t a two year old pin.

Odd date stamp on your LE, since they didn’t announce the game until May of 2017. Pros first in June, then LEs, then Premiums. Received my Premium fall of 2017.

So Stern SW is in fact a two year old game (well, two and a half years if we start with date the first game shipped). Not that it matters much.

#241 4 years ago

2017 was supposed to be the year of the topper

Soon 2020

Dang

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Odd date stamp on your LE, since they didn’t announce the game until May of 2017. Pros first in June, then LEs, then Premiums. Received my Premium fall of 2017.
So Stern SW is in fact a two year old game (well, two and a half years if we start with date the first game shipped). Not that it matters much.

I stand corrected, it was Jun, not Jan. Lol, glanced quickly at it from standing position, looking up underneath. But the comic artist does say in the Stern video, he’s proud to be a part of breathing new life into a four year old product.
5453FF60-99F1-4063-A1B7-F42A43F59D13 (resized).jpeg5453FF60-99F1-4063-A1B7-F42A43F59D13 (resized).jpeg

#243 4 years ago

Could any comic owners post some cabinet pictures?

Beez like your pictures but for some reason it’s one multi picture so I can’t really zoom in much. The pictures on Stern website are off angle no straight shot of the cabinet and head.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I stand corrected, it was Jun, not Jan. Lol, glanced quickly at it from standing position, looking up underneath. But the comic artist does say in the Stern video, he’s proud to be a part of breathing new life into a four year old product.
[quoted image]

The stamped date on the bottom of the cabinet is the date that QA approved the cabinet. Then the cabinets sit in the factory waiting for the game to be assembled. The sticker on the back of the cabinet is the actual assembly date of the game.

6 months later
#245 3 years ago

Just ordered a SW PRO comic art with comic side blades
Will be a hit in my collection!

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Just ordered a SW PRO comic art with comic side blades
Will be a hit in my collection!

Good for you mate!

Best mods for this game
Shaker
upgraded speakers
complete pin woofer system

The end of the game with sound and rumple are epic. Enjoy!

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Good for you mate!
Best mods for this game
Shaker
upgraded speakers
complete pin woofer system
The end of the game with sound and rumple are epic. Enjoy!

Thanks
Ordered the Millenium Falcon similar to Premium - should look even better

#248 3 years ago

Got the mirror blades on our Prem Comic Art, but I reckon the art blades would’ve been better. Can’t wait to see your Pro

16C4C630-BBFC-431A-8A68-C3BDF43D58B0 (resized).jpeg16C4C630-BBFC-431A-8A68-C3BDF43D58B0 (resized).jpegB58946EA-AD50-4D9E-977C-F76A054D829B (resized).jpegB58946EA-AD50-4D9E-977C-F76A054D829B (resized).jpeg
#249 3 years ago

Love the amiga monitor in background
Had one in the 80's
Want one again! miss it

#250 3 years ago

The 1084S monitor was and still is the best. Got the Amiga CD32 and Commodore 64 hooked up to it. The Sony PVM/BVMs aren’t bad either. But hey, I actually play the pinball machines way more these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10.95
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 21.50
$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-wars-art/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.