05-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
12-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_165426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191108_224241 (resized).jpg
92992EF0-A738-4EA1-BB76-8B1350A3A879 (resized).png
4C4F54A1-D69A-44ED-A947-AA3197E8FF61 (resized).png
6C67310B-0076-4B27-A950-E4821ECEFC17 (resized).jpeg
C5CC2DC9-3866-4069-A276-26EA1ACB23FC (resized).png
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I have zero inside information on sales numbers, but just based on what you see out on route I'd bet Star Wars has been Stern's best seller of games released in the last few years. They may not sell a ton of the new art package right away (Luci didn't sell a ton on the first run either) but it's cheap to reskin a game if you're not totally redoing the display animations. So if it results in a few hundred extra sales now, and then a dozen more here and there over the life of the license, it makes good business sense.

Ghostbusters outsold everything the last few years.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They should make 2 premiums. 1 in the pro cabinet

That's the one I would want. The pro cabinet is cohesive with the ships and space battle feel of the playfield.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

New pro cabinet is FIRE!
They should make 2 premiums. 1 in the pro cabinet, 1 in the premium cabinet.
Stern did that with Metallica. Hope they do it here.
Might as well wait & see. With Stern you can never buy too late, you can only buy too early.

AGREED! ONLY THING HOLDING ME BACK

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

AGREED! ONLY THING HOLDING ME BACK

+1

#155 4 years ago

How about these to complete the package?

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art 1 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art 1 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art 2 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art 2 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art 3 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art 3 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 1 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 1 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 2 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 2 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 3 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 3 copy (resized).jpg

1 week later
#156 4 years ago

I’m going to be IN on a Premium probably this week ... I think I’d like to buy a pro translite and then the pin would be perfect for me!

#157 4 years ago
CD980185-3AEA-4C1F-917C-5BF358ACA240 (resized).jpegCD980185-3AEA-4C1F-917C-5BF358ACA240 (resized).jpeg
#158 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

That looks really good. What do they charge for the extra translite?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's the one I would want. The pro cabinet is cohesive with the ships and space battle feel of the playfield.

I’m almost leaning towards the pro. More flow less dough.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

Can you do pro with premium Translight??

#161 4 years ago

I got a email from Stern claiming you can’t get a translite unless you buy the machine. I already own a premium but wanted the premium comic to frame as art. Can anyone confirm this?

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got a email from Stern claiming you can’t get a translite unless you buy the machine. I already own a premium but wanted the premium comic to frame as art. Can anyone confirm this?

Try through a distributor, they might be able to hook you up. Don’t make a big deal about the fact that you’re trying to order parts for a machine you don’t have - just give them the part no. and ask to order it.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I’m going to be in on a Premium this week. I’d like to buy a pro translite and then the pin would be perfect for me!

Quoted from rai:

Can you do pro with a premium translite?

You can if you buy your pro and then swap translites with Beez after he gets his premium.

#164 4 years ago

can someone can do photoshop of pro with premium translight?

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Try through a distributor, they might be able to hook you up. Don’t make a big deal about the fact that you’re trying to order parts for a machine you don’t have - just give them the part no. and ask to order it.

Excellent advice.

Speaking of which - does anyone have documented part numbers for either/both of the translites that they would be willing to share?

#166 4 years ago

Anyone seen the New Comic art shipping yet?

#167 4 years ago

Man, it's too damn bad ya cant get a premium PF in a pro cabinet like they did with Metallica.

Anyone ordering a Pro & wanting to swap art?

We'd have true LE's if so!

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Man, it's too damn bad ya cant get a premium PF in a pro cabinet like they did with Metallica.

Yeah, the the art on the Premium is kinda strange to my eyes. The right side is okay with Boba Fett on it, but the left side with Darth Vader looks weird as he appears to be in a lightsaber duel with Luke Skywalker, but he's facing away from Luke Skywalker and he also appears to be doing the ol' left hand "Force Choke" maneuver to someone we can't see. But if you look closely, a whole bunch of yellow/orange smoke has drifted from Boba Fett's rocket pack across the front of the cabinet, and into the left side art where Luke and Vader are hanging out, so maybe Vader is not doing the "Force Choke" but is actually reaching for the Death Star HVAC controls instead, in order to get some of Boba's rocket pack smoke out of there. Who can lightsaber dual in that smokey environment? I mean, we already know Vader has issues breathing. He doesn't need that sh*t.

#169 4 years ago

Man I"m totally torn between the two. I'm finally in on picking up a SW after this new art release. Been putting some time
on a local Premium and haven't even played a Pro to date but the Pro's art does grab me more.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Man I"m totally torn between the two. I'm finally in on picking up a SW after this new art release. Been putting some time
on a local Premium and haven't even played a Pro to date but the Pro's art does grab me more.

I’m also torn between the two.

Pro
Cheaper
Better cabinet art
Better flow

Premium
Better translight
Hyper loop
Death Star
More $$

I need to play both this week to decide.

Often I think the more simple and cheaper pin is just as good. Still get drop targets unlike some pro pins.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m also torn between the two.
Pro
Cheaper
Better cabinet art
Better flow
Premium
Better translight
Hyper loop
Death Star
More $$
I need to play both this week to decide.
Often I think the more simple and cheaper pin is just as good. Still get drop targets unlike some pro pins.

Better for me to get some time in on a Pro somewhere but that hyper loop is hard to walk away from!

#172 4 years ago

Can some one let me know if they score a place to buy the translites? Tried my local dealer...no go.

#173 4 years ago

I would guess that Disney keeps a pretty tight reign on selling what are effectively Star Wars posters when you only have a license to sell Star Wars pinball machines. But it also seems like that restriction loosens up later in a game's run. Stern gives away translites for tourney prizes all the time.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can some one let me know if they score a place to buy the translites? Tried my local dealer...no go.

I'm sure it is a temp tactic right now to sell the games. Once they make a run or 2 the art will be available to purchase. Or you can win one by playing against a Stern employee at a gaming expo.

#175 4 years ago

I know this is a crazy question....

Anyone hear news on a Topper?

#176 4 years ago

My Premium Comic arrived today. The entire art package is just stunning - it really works for this title. Big upgrade for me over the original premium.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

My Premium Comic arrived today. The entire art package is just stunning - it really works for this title. Big upgrade for me over the original premium.

Share some pics!

#178 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Share some pics!

+1

OP how’s the PF?

Clearcoat so thin the ink lines & insert lines are raised/visible?

Or

Juicy thick clear with a 100% smooth surface?

Any ribbing, ghosting, blistering or debris in clear? Has the cabinet split yet? What about that Premium cabinet art? Is it stunning or muted?

Post pics mang!

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

+1
OP how’s the PF?
Clearcoat so thin the ink lines & insert lines are raised/visible?
Or
Juicy thick clear with a 100% smooth surface?
Any ribbing, ghosting, blistering or debris in clear? Has the cabinet split yet? What about that Premium cabinet art? Is it stunning or muted?
Post pics mang!

Make that a +2. Just ordered mine for delivery this Friday

#180 4 years ago

Has anyone heard anything if Stern may consider adding the pro cabinet to the premium edition?

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has anyone heard anything if Stern may consider adding the pro cabinet to the premium edition?

Can’t tell if yer serious...

Myself & another pinsider requested this exact config from two separate distro’s

We were told to F off

For now

#182 4 years ago

Sorry guys - crazy few days and weekend. Haven’t had any time for pictures when it was light out. Game is really nice - clear is not thin or thick - looks really nice. Artwork is crisp and beautiful - the whole package is just really nice - especially the plastics. Cabinet is great.

I traded my original premium for this, so, clearly I really wanted this. It’s actually changed the experience for me - the whole package makes it feel like a different game.

Now, mind you, the game is still hard as hell and that hyperspace/death star shot is still really difficult - but the game feels much more unique and special now.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Sorry guys - crazy few days and weekend. Haven’t had any time for pictures when it was light out. Game is really nice - clear is not thin or thick - looks really nice. Artwork is crisp and beautiful - the whole package is just really nice - especially the plastics. Cabinet is great.
I traded my original premium for this, so, clearly I really wanted this. It’s actually changed the experience for me - the whole package makes it feel like a different game.
Now, mind you, the game is still hard as hell and that hyperspace/death star shot is still really difficult - but the game feels much more unique and special now.

I’m really on the fence regarding pro or premium. I like the hyper loop but I also like some more clean shooting pin like Met pro or TWD pro.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m really on the fence regarding pro or premium. I like the hyper loop but I also like some more clean shooting pin like Met pro or TWD pro.

My 2 cents - I prefer the look of the plastic ramps to the metal rails on the comic art design. The colors extend quite a bit up the ramps and look great. You will not miss the millennium falcon toy because you can actually see the artwork of the snow troopers and AT-AT "pop" really clearly in that area.

While the hyper loop is cool and adds another layer, this game has so many things in the code that add another layer already.

#185 4 years ago

It’s really the hyperloop shot and hyperloop multiball. While hard, no game in our collection has the same rush as making that shot, especially in multiball where it loops and loops. It really is a thrill.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

My 2 cents - I prefer the look of the plastic ramps to the metal rails on the comic art design. The colors extend quite a bit up the ramps and look great.

I'd like a Premium due to features, but I agree that the clear plastic ramps on the Pro with this extended artwork that goes up the ramps look awesome. I wish the Premium had the plastic ramps with extended artwork.

#187 4 years ago

I have a pro and the ramps really aren’t that fun to hit, not compared to the metal premium ramps. This alone has me contemplating upgrading to a prem.

Another note; I think hyperspace mb rules are different between the two models. On the prem, the initial hyperspace seems to end quickly and it’s a one ball mode til it releases. On the pro, I’ve gotten the timer to extend much longer than a premium and having multiple balls in play really helps progress any modes that are stacked with the multiball. So there’s a slight strategy difference, not a major one overall though.

Pro flows better. Premium feels better. Premium is the harder player on an already tough layout.

My 2 cents.

#188 4 years ago

Any Comic Art Premiums shipped out there yet or just pros?

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Any Comic Art Premiums shipped out there yet or just pros?

Got mine yesterday
E56556DA-A60B-4A64-98FD-C904EDA1EC4F (resized).jpegE56556DA-A60B-4A64-98FD-C904EDA1EC4F (resized).jpeg

It’s a beautiful machine!

15FCD10A-EE5B-4B0B-B491-4E1F7C2CA268 (resized).jpeg15FCD10A-EE5B-4B0B-B491-4E1F7C2CA268 (resized).jpeg
#190 4 years ago

C5CC2DC9-3866-4069-A276-26EA1ACB23FC (resized).pngC5CC2DC9-3866-4069-A276-26EA1ACB23FC (resized).png

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Got mine yesterday
[quoted image]
It’s a beautiful machine![quoted image]

How’s the playfield?

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

How’s the playfield?

Looks good compared to some older games

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Looks good compared to some older games

bubbling/blistering/pooling around the posts?

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

bubbling/blistering/pooling around the posts?

4C4F54A1-D69A-44ED-A947-AA3197E8FF61 (resized).png4C4F54A1-D69A-44ED-A947-AA3197E8FF61 (resized).png6C67310B-0076-4B27-A950-E4821ECEFC17 (resized).jpeg6C67310B-0076-4B27-A950-E4821ECEFC17 (resized).jpeg92992EF0-A738-4EA1-BB76-8B1350A3A879 (resized).png92992EF0-A738-4EA1-BB76-8B1350A3A879 (resized).png
#195 4 years ago

Looks good to me. I mean it is a pinball machine after all...

#196 4 years ago

Debating can get :

SW premium one owner no mods around 600 total plays.

SW nib comic art for $800 more.

The huo pin will involve me driving there and back time wasted.

I prefer the comic art not sure if it’s enough to sway me to spend that much more.

#197 4 years ago

Assuming the Comic Art is also a Premium, $800 for to-your-door delivery plus the art package you like better doesn't seem too bad. Does that include tax?

Quoted from rai:

Debating can get :
I prefer the comic art not sure if it’s enough to sway me to spend that much more.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Debating can get :

Come over and try mine!. Who are you getting the NIB one from?

#199 4 years ago

Just spoke with an honest distributor. They told me the clear coat is much thinner now, they unboxed a sw comic today.
Is this a bad thing or not?

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from RazorV23:

Come over and try mine!. Who are you getting the NIB one from?

Usually get Game Exchange or Cointaker

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 21.50
$ 10.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-wars-art/page/4?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.