05-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
12-star-wars-comic (resized).jpg
IMG_20191110_165426 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191108_224241 (resized).jpg
92992EF0-A738-4EA1-BB76-8B1350A3A879 (resized).png
4C4F54A1-D69A-44ED-A947-AA3197E8FF61 (resized).png
6C67310B-0076-4B27-A950-E4821ECEFC17 (resized).jpeg
C5CC2DC9-3866-4069-A276-26EA1ACB23FC (resized).png
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Let the negotiations begin haha

How about 47% off?

#52 4 years ago

And if you want the wonderful sold-out Missing Worlds kit for your Star Wars machine, be sure to visit the Project Pinball booth at Pinball Expo and place a bid! It is compatible with both the original and comic-version machines.

missing_worlds (resized).jpegmissing_worlds (resized).jpeg
#53 4 years ago

So they can pull this off yet no topper?

#54 4 years ago

This is great for those that like this style of comic art, but I prefer the original by far.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So they can pull this off yet no topper?

ok I lose I thought post number 4 before the topper was mentioned

#56 4 years ago

Ok what’s next TWD vault with comics?

#57 4 years ago

Wow, that artwork is amazing. Tough to swallow paying NIB prices though at this point when you can get a used for 4800 or so. Still, oddly tempted . . .

TWD pinball with comic artwork would be awesome. Kind of surprised they didn't do this in the first place.

#58 4 years ago

Would go well next to DP now

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Wow, that artwork is amazing. Tough to swallow paying NIB prices though at this point when you can get a used for 4800 or so. Still, oddly tempted . . .
TWD pinball with comic artwork would be awesome. Kind of surprised they didn't do this in the first place.

Probably because it's a SAM game with a DMD.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

I mean, this is a tremendous idea.

#61 4 years ago

Very cool. I dig my SW game, but definitely like the look of this one as well. I hope Stern considers this with other suitable projects as well (like Tron, LOTR, TWD, Stern IJ) when they consider doing other Vault titles.

Separate question, is MSRP for Stern Pros now $6k? Or are they pricing this version higher?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean, this is a tremendous idea.

Yes indeed. It would be wise for them to go this route. I really dig what they just did for SW. Nicely done imo.

#63 4 years ago

I'm certainly in the minority, but I prefer the original art.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Probably because it's a SAM game with a DMD.

Spiderman was a SAM game with a DMD and it got vaulted with new art and new animations.

#65 4 years ago

Premium art is killer. Love it. Both versions awesome

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Spiderman was a SAM game with a DMD and it got vaulted with new art and new animations.

And Stern just built some new Star Treks this past year so they're not opposed to rebuilding SAM games (unless that Star Trek run was supposed to get rid of all extra SAM parts leftover)

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

True, but Stern was just entering the LCD era at that point, so they probably had a lot of DMDs to use up

#68 4 years ago
3ce7vl (resized).jpg3ce7vl (resized).jpg
#69 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

There are already a few SW in the marketplace, with at least one person saying they're ordering one with the new art...

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

FB_IMG_1545009983770 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545009983770 (resized).jpg
#71 4 years ago

Presentation vidéo :

#72 4 years ago

Next up...

Star-Trek-TAS-Featured-2 (resized).jpgStar-Trek-TAS-Featured-2 (resized).jpg
#73 4 years ago

I think that this is going to soften the market for the regular art pros and premiums. Kind of sucks for Stern to do this.

#74 4 years ago

I would say anything is possible when it comes to a new vaulted version of something like GOT or TWD with new art. Ghostbusters, GOT and Star Trek have all had new batches run in the last 12 months. Significant code updates coupled with new art can definitely churn up some new interest in a title. New art is going to cannibalize the resale price on pro models with the old art, but used game prices are not really Stern's concern.

#75 4 years ago

I honestly prefer the cabinet art and backglass on original premium, but the playfield on this new one is stunning. The cabinet and backglass are great, but the original looked good too.

#76 4 years ago

Wow! Why couldn't this title have looked like this when it first launched? I wonder how many will be produced?

Is there enough appetite left in the market for this machine to justify a production run of several hundred premiums, or could this version end up becoming the true "LE", like AC/DC Luci before the vault run?

In any event, much improved art package!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Wow! Why couldn't this title have looked like this when it first launched?

You don't actually think they would release a better looking version first, do you?

It's all about the continuous money flow now, until the economy takes a turn and the well is all dried up.

#78 4 years ago

Very nice, it actually looks like a legit pinball machine now instead of a lunchbox.

This is how everyone who bought an original is looking at Stern today:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#79 4 years ago

Is it possible there was an abundance of assets, and redoing art was a creative way, and affordable, to reintroduce and reduce stock?

#81 4 years ago

I dig the new art. This looks to be a great way for Stern to increase sales and get more people interested in their machines. I hope they continue to do this in the future with their re-releases.

Hopefully they will give the LOTR or TSPP a similar treatment (with appropriate artstyles)... Maybe even Treehouse of Horror!

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I think that this is going to soften the market for the regular art pros and premiums. Kind of sucks for Stern to do this.

Meh, I'm still happy with my Premium and this is no skin off my nuts. Stern never promised not to remake the game, and I think it's pretty cool to have multiple versions out there even if mine's worth a few hundred less as a result.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Very nice, it actually looks like a legit pinball machine now instead of a lunchbox.

Lunch (resized).jpgLunch (resized).jpg
#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is how everyone who bought an original is looking at Stern today:

Haha pretty much. One middle finger for the pro, the other for the premium I upgraded to. I guess I need a third middle finger for the even bigger loss I'm gonna take if I ever sell it.

What can ya do, win some ya lose some!

I'm still happy with it, as well as my OG Spidey... they both play great and I don't have to worry about playfield issues. I'm just happy that more people will be exposed to what I consider a really fun game that got way more bashing than it should have.

#85 4 years ago

I like the new art, I like to old art too. Never had an issue with my premium, but it’s nice to have options now

#87 4 years ago

This artwork is amazing! This reminds me of the magic of Star Wars from my childhood. Well done Stern. Love the Fett man art on the Premium....

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is how everyone who bought an original is looking at Stern today:[quoted image]

Personally i don't care but yeah, Stern never gets sick of sticking it to early buyers
But as I've said before, abusive relationship, they'll be back

#89 4 years ago

art looks great Stern but a miss on the ramps - the Star Wars Home Edition still has better ramps than the Pro Edition

#90 4 years ago

Shit

Game looks good

Really good

I want it

I want JP too

I want Elvira too

I want (probably) the rumored TMNT + Bill & Ted too

Shit

#91 4 years ago

I’m sure it looks better in person but my first impression is that it’s ugly. I do like the playfield better but the oranges on the cabinet are just yuck.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I’m sure it looks better in person but my first impression is that it’s ugly. I do like the playfield better but the oranges on the cabinet are just yuck.

Some of it looks cool, some of it looks awfull to me. The yellow and orange on the PF are the low point for me... But yeah gotta see it in person to really know.

#93 4 years ago

Christ that’s ugly!

Glad some of you like it tho

#94 4 years ago

Wonder why poor C-3PO doesn’t feature on any of the artwork, on either the original or re-run editions of the Premium model

I do like the look of the pro model this time, still the LE is the nicest most cohesive looking out of all the Stern Star Wars models IMO

#95 4 years ago

I want a premium PF in a Pro cab/translite.

(C3PO is on Pro translite)

#96 4 years ago

Gotta give Levi props for saying something outright negative about Stern for once.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

If Stern produced TWD comic version they would sell boat loads.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

Wonder why poor C-3PO doesn’t feature on any of the artwork, on either the original or re-run editions of the Premium model
I do like the look of the pro model this time, still the LE is the nicest most cohesive looking out of all the Stern Star Wars models IMO

Maybe he wanted too much $ for being on the premium!

#99 4 years ago

This should have been the art from day one in my opinion.

#100 4 years ago

Looks pretty cool! I wonder if there are any plans to change the display fonts or animations to the same comic book style.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-wars-art/page/2?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.