Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhilGreg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#175 6 years ago

REIGN!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#189 6 years ago

What I find kinda weird is that Yeti (who's probably checking out this thread right now having a blast) is still working on the artwork. That would suggest a machine would not be that close around the corner... seems unlike Stern to leak stuff that far in advance.
    Also, since Slayer is so much less mainstream than any other band they've ever done, I'm still not convinced there's an actual Stern Slayer machine coming.
    Maybe something more in the line of the PBR machine (which had music by Red Fang, even way less mainstream than Slayer is)?
    Maybe a limited retheme for Nuclear Blast they'd have set up in the lobby on NB band tours and for sale through their website or something. That would make more sense to me than an actual Stern product.

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

A Nuclear Blast "Monsters of Metal" pin would make more sense than a Slayer-specific pin. They could have a much better and more varied roster of songs (on the cheap) with common metal tropes in the art. Roadshow for metal would be pretty cool where you're a groupie going from concert to concert to get to the ultimate metal concert.

Yeah, since somebody posted a pic of that demon which seems to be their mascot that would make sense. I still think it's some deal in the same vein as the PBR one, although I can see promoting hipster beer with pinball but I'm not sure I see what kind of deal a heavy metal record company would do.
    I could be wrong, maybe it's a regular license but seems so far from the normal Stern high profile licenses.

#222 6 years ago

Damn I thought there was a rolling on the floor laughing emoticon... I've never written ROFL before, I sure won't begin now.

#334 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I love current hip hop. Nothing wrong with listening to Slayer and Gucci Mane back to back in my book!

Back to back?! How about at the same time??

#337 6 years ago

That's a great album.
    Besides Slayer and ice-t who have the best track, Biohazard & Onyx, Faith no More & Boo-Yaa Tribe and House of Pain & Helmet are classic too...

#347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Damn I miss Phil. Was such a comedic genius. Irreplaceable.

Thanks but I'm not dead yet.

1 month later
    #450 6 years ago

So... No more speculation then? ZY just did the figure and that's that? No pinball machine related to Nuclear Blast coming up?

#456 6 years ago

Sure looks like a tip towards Slayer right there.
    Slayer doesn't make that much sense from a business perspective for Stern so I'm thinking it's a retheme in collaboration with Nuclear Blast à la PBR Can Crusher.
    Maiden would make more sense from a business perspective as they're a much higher profile, classic theme. My guess is both will happen but Maiden is an actual Stern licensed machine.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhilGreg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball?tu=PhilGreg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.