Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.
    #403 6 years ago

So when is the announcement and pictures?

#404 6 years ago

San Diego Comic Con next month.

#405 6 years ago

Gotta do the cookin' by the book.

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

Assuming you've lived in the states your whole life, I don't know how that is possible.

I bet you never heard of the band Hott Waxx either? They had 2 number 1 hits in the 80s in Canada and around the world...Just because its out there dont assume everyone knows this Slayer thing

#407 6 years ago

You missed my point completely.

#408 6 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

You missed my point completely.

NO you missed mine

#409 6 years ago

If you live in CA and you've never heard of Slayer it doesn't make you a bad person. It is pretty surprising though.

#410 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If you live in CA and you've never heard of Slayer it doesn't make you a bad person.

Of course it does.

#411 6 years ago

Slayer Goes To church

#412 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Slayer Goes To church
    » YouTube video

So awesome.

rd

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Slayer Goes To church
    » YouTube video

Very telling.

#414 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Slayer Goes To church
    » YouTube video

Thanks to BangerJay for the link ....

rd

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

NO you missed mine

Your response made no sense in context to what I had said.

#416 6 years ago

I was hoping the actual game would be announced and not just this statue.

IMG_3770 (resized).PNGIMG_3770 (resized).PNG

IMG_3772 (resized).PNGIMG_3772 (resized).PNG

IMG_3773 (resized).PNGIMG_3773 (resized).PNG

IMG_3771 (resized).PNGIMG_3771 (resized).PNG

#417 6 years ago

Well......... that sucks......

#418 6 years ago

Boooooo. Cool statue though...

#419 6 years ago

poop

#420 6 years ago

IMG_3905 (resized).PNGIMG_3905 (resized).PNG

#421 6 years ago

This whole thread has me harshed now.

#422 6 years ago

No Slayer pin, well that sucks but I kinda knew it all along. I wasn't going to buy that statue anyway but after this I wouldn't take it as a gift, just a reminder of how I almost had my dream band pin.

#423 6 years ago

So, you all think Stern pinball teamed up with Nuclear Blast to make a statue and that's it?

#424 6 years ago

Seems weird to license Stern Pinball to a STATUE of something they're not doing. I still think a Monsters of Rock pin is a possibility with a bunch of Nuclear Blast artists on it.

#425 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems weird to license Stern Pinball to a STATUE of something they're not doing. I still think a Monsters of Rock pin is a possibility with a bunch of Nuclear Blast artists on it.

That would be cool but its not an dedicated Slayer pin, I don't even know what other artists are on that label, research time.

#426 6 years ago

SDCC is July 20th. Will have to wait and see.

#427 6 years ago

Holy Shit I didn't know that many Death Metal bands were under this label, this sounds like a winning line up.

Carcass
    Danzig
    Destruction
    Nile
    Slayer
    Suffocation
    Venom
    Vader

#428 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Holy Shit I didn't know that many Death Metal bands were under this label, this sounds like a winning line up.
    Carcass
    Danzig
    Destruction
    Nile
    Slayer
    Suffocation
    Venom
    Vader

Warming up to the "Monsters of Rock" pin, eh?

#429 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Warming up to the "Monsters of Rock" pin, eh?

Yes sir, when the rock is actually Thrash and Death Metal then i'm quite warm, needs a different name though, I'm thinking u need to help the bands get to hell for a exclusive concert thrown by Satan's helpers for him, lets go with "Go To Hell" or "Burn in Hell"

#430 6 years ago

CIEapDW (resized).jpgCIEapDW (resized).jpg

#431 6 years ago

img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpgimg615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg

#432 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Slayer Goes To church
    » YouTube video

I did some enjoyable things today, watching that video was one of em. Thanks for sharing.

#433 6 years ago

IMG_3789 (resized).PNGIMG_3789 (resized).PNG

#434 6 years ago

As a dealer I wish Stern would take a break on music themed pinball. Each one gets harder to sell. Anyone want to buy an Aerosmith pin???????????????????

-J

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAlley:

As a dealer I wish Stern would take a break on music themed pinball.

This isn't a music themed pinball, its Slayer. watch the last 3 music videos these guys put out, the fact that a pin was possibly being made based around this band was amazing.

c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpgc346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg

#436 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballAlley:

As a dealer I wish Stern would take a break on music themed pinball. Each one gets harder to sell. Anyone want to buy an Aerosmith pin???????????????????
    -J

hell NO. but if that same game was rethemed to Slayer, then yes. honestly i think a music pins are all about the band. so you could have the same game and 3 different music themes as a release. eg aerosmith, slayer & beastie boys. all the same game just different themes, chances are people are only going to want one of them. for me it would be slayer.

that way stern could do 1 music pin a year, just 3 different varieties.

#437 6 years ago

never really listened to slayer in my teens and after watching a video that was posted on here I know why. The music wasn't bad but the vocals were like hot garbage. So if this game does go into production please leave out the vocals

#438 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

The music wasn't bad but the vocals were like hot garbage.

whats wrong with hot garbage?

#439 6 years ago

Hot garbage is underrated.

#440 6 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

Hot garbage is underrated.

Damn right, I use to like cold garbage but then someone introduced me to room temp garbage and that gave way to luke warm garbage but once I had real "hot garbage" it was an awakening.

#441 6 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

hell NO. but if that same game was rethemed to Slayer, then yes. honestly i think a music pins are all about the band. so you could have the same game and 3 different music themes as a release. eg aerosmith, slayer & beastie boys. all the same game just different themes, chances are people are only going to want one of them. for me it would be slayer.
    that way stern could do 1 music pin a year, just 3 different varieties.

This could work . No way in hell would I ever buy an Aerosmith pin , but same game themed as Slayer I would buy.

#442 6 years ago

Not Family friendly,same group as crappy rap! Aimed at a generation that didn't grow up with pinball!Vocals sound like a dying cow with throat cancer! Not for my collection!Wondering how this dog will sell!! Just a opinion,don't get all shook up!!

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Not Family friendly,same group as crappy rap! Aimed at a generation that didn't grow up with pinball!Vocals sound like a dying cow with throat cancer! Not for my collection!Wondering how this dog will sell!! Just a opinion,don't get all shook up!!

I grew up with pinball and love Slayer, never compare Slayer to rap music and please go put on some Perry, take ur pills relax they aren't going to make a Slayer pin, you have Dialed In and WOZ lots of family friendly stuff out there.

#444 6 years ago

By the way whats wrong about a cow with throat cancer? I love cows with throat cancer.

#445 6 years ago

Who can debate with a guy like you who has previously owned 94 pins!This is a generational thing!! Death Metal music sounds the same to me as crappy rap! Im a 67 yr old Hippy! Led Zeppelin is as hard as I want! This is a opinion of a older pinhead who has lived all this!! Music is a personal choice!! B tolerant!

#446 6 years ago

More exclamation points!!!

#447 6 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

This is a generational thing!! Death Metal music sounds the same to me as crappy rap! Im a 67 yr old Hippy!

It's NOT a generational thing.

You don't like a certain genre of music, and you for some reason feel you need to tell others you don't like it.

NO ONE cares if you don't like Rap or Deathmetal, you can just keep it to yourself.

#448 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kharris:

never really listened to slayer in my teens and after watching a video that was posted on here I know why. The music wasn't bad but the vocals were like hot garbage. So if this game does go into production please leave out the vocals

Garbage is a great band. Hot Garbage has potential to be amazing.

#449 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

By the way whats wrong about a cow with throat cancer? I love cows with throat cancer.

Marinated overnight, that throat cancer is likely delicious.

2 weeks later
    #450 6 years ago

So... No more speculation then? ZY just did the figure and that's that? No pinball machine related to Nuclear Blast coming up?

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.