Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.
    #251 6 years ago

Is that a CD?

Lol holy sheeyat. I dont even think new cars have CD players any more

#252 6 years ago

Slayer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#253 6 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Is that a CD?
    Lol holy sheeyat. I dont even think new cars have CD players any more

That's why it was only .99 cents

20 years from now the next generation of hipsters will reminisce about the CD's wonderful "harsh digital sound" you just can't get from a MQA file.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Gwar's drummer lives a few houses down from me. Should I tell him to get on it?

Tell your neighbor to give back Oderus Urungus' ashes to his father!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gwar-sued-for-stealing-late-frontman-s-ashes-20150407

(BTW - I found this story hilarious as GWAR is probably the only band to do something like this)

#255 6 years ago

If they do make it, and if it isn't a lame pbr style game, put me down for a few. One for me and a couple for the route.

If it ended up being a cheesy pbr style... put me down for zero. Atleast make some kinda effort.

After Metallica, Slayer is number 2 of the big 4 bands. Don't waste the theme.

long live the Slaytanic Wehrmacht!

#256 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Saturday morning in my slippers listening to frank Sinatra

Last time Violent Steve was here we jammed on Frank all day. Then the Dead, then his band before I forced him to listen to Christ Beheaded and Whiskeytits all night.
    But now the days are short....
    I'm in the autumn of my year...
    I would absolutely dig a Sinatra pin. Like Hazoff said...magic is magic.

#257 6 years ago

Magic!

Black Magic!

#258 6 years ago

I wonder how many of the current 171 "absolutely no" fellas are the same ones that have posted I should get over theme and give a pin like lets say "DI" a chance, I'm thinking a lot, hypocrites, but I knew that.

#259 6 years ago

I don't agree brougham. DI is an original theme (BALLSY) and just me of course, but I thought it was a really, really fun pin. 10 plays doesn't say much...but it was fun. After all, if Frank sits next to Hell Awaits in our cd players can't Gary and Jack both have a seat at the table?

#260 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't agree brougham. DI is an original theme (BALLSY) and just me of course, but I thought it was a really, really fun pin. 10 plays doesn't say much...but it was fun. After all, if Frank sits next to Hell Awaits in our cd players can't Gary and Jack both have a seat at the table?

I think its fun as well but I won't buy because I just dislike the theme and I can see someone not buying Slayer because of the theme but I'll admit it and it looks like they will also, when its a poll.

#261 6 years ago

Buy it?
    Buy it??
    jim-mora-playoffs (resized).jpgjim-mora-playoffs (resized).jpg
    Im not a trillionaire.

#262 6 years ago

Pretty much every track on Undisputed Attitude was done better by original artist. Slayer knows this...covers always suck.
    Hearing Tom wail on a lot of my old favorites makes up for his lack of being able to correctly read Ian MacKayes lyrics.

#263 6 years ago

Every xmas when I see xmas lights I am inspired to crank up Reign in Blood.

#264 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Pretty much every track on Undisputed Attitude was done better by original artist.

The only Slayer album I don't listen to at all.

#265 6 years ago

Well that's too bad...for you. One of my favorite Hanneman ditties on there. The couple originals they tossed in were nasty. This track was all Jeff...like most of great Slayer.
    Ddamn

#266 6 years ago
    Quoted from Anth:

I think with "Leper Messiah" you're splitting hairs. As far as "The God That Failed" goes, there's not much room for creative interpretation imo. Hetfield is suggesting God failed his mother or, more accurately, suggesting there really isn't a God at all.

Or that God created medical science for a reason. Take your pick.

#267 6 years ago

Pretty sure this is Dr. Satan's favorite thread.
    b70de682a5cec35d91d2b429ca7af050 (resized).jpgb70de682a5cec35d91d2b429ca7af050 (resized).jpg

#268 6 years ago

id be keen on one. its the missus's favorite band & we have listened to them for years and seen them live many times.

but i doubt it will happen, too niche a market surely. but if it did, id like it to be completely over the top with pentagrams, blood, inverted crosses etc etc. as un pc as possible, thats what id like to see.

#269 6 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

its the missus's favorite band

Does she have any sisters? U lucky guy you.

#270 6 years ago

SLA_DevilDog_poster_2048x2048 (resized).pngSLA_DevilDog_poster_2048x2048 (resized).png

SLR_666Twins_poster_grande (resized).pngSLR_666Twins_poster_grande (resized).png

SLR_LaughingSkull_pin_2048x2048 (resized).pngSLR_LaughingSkull_pin_2048x2048 (resized).png

#271 6 years ago

Slayer-Socks (resized).jpgSlayer-Socks (resized).jpg

#272 6 years ago

Yep, it's full of candy (not body parts) from the factory.

SLAYER-Candy-Jar (resized).jpgSLAYER-Candy-Jar (resized).jpg

#273 6 years ago

This is my personal fav of the Slayer wear, ok so they are for women but I find them quite comfortable, go ahead and judge me I don't care.

SlayerLeggings_Double_grande (resized).pngSlayerLeggings_Double_grande (resized).png

#275 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

This is my personal fav of the Slayer wear, ok so they are for women but I find them quite comfortable, go ahead and judge me I don't care.

I thought you would be bigger .

#276 6 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

It's all how you wear them

Screen-Shot-2014-08-20-at-11.07.44-AM (resized).pngScreen-Shot-2014-08-20-at-11.07.44-AM (resized).png

#277 6 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

road2 (resized).jpgroad2 (resized).jpg

#278 6 years ago
    Quoted from cycochris:

i doubt it will happen, too niche a market surely.

I'm a doubter too, but I dunno about too niche. Pins these days are a success with a few thousand sales (wish we knew real Stern numbers, I'm super curious) you don't need to target everyone, just enough.

Slayer is obviously not for everyone, but they're pretty mainstream as far as metal stuff that isn't glam goes. There's already been a digital Slayer pin app for instance.

#279 6 years ago

The death of this guy still hittin hard.
    Been a Soundgarden Sunday here.

#280 6 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Slayer is obviously not for everyone, but they're pretty mainstream as far as metal stuff that isn't glam goes. There's already been a digital Slayer pin app for instance.

Neither is Kiss, but like kiss I think there are alot of Slayer diehards who might be interested in buying a SLayer pin and not interested in buying anything else released in the last 40 years, I know 2 or 3 guys that like pinball but don't buy machines but would if Stern makes a Slayer pin, I'm just want one badly.

Quoted from freezie:

Its called tucking sir, sometimes you have 2 and sometimes you just shouldn't

buffalo_bill (resized).jpgbuffalo_bill (resized).jpg

#281 6 years ago

Weird. Gary told me Blue Cheer was next.

#282 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

You've been judged for far worse, what's a little more?

#283 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Frank had chunks of guys like Slayer in his stool.

This is one of the funniest posts ever. Bravo sir.

#284 6 years ago

Anybody else hate the Casualties cause that rapist shithead but still sneaks a listen once every couple months? Fucking asshole ruined my shit.

#286 6 years ago

Post....mortem.

#287 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Post....mortem.

I see what you did there, ...and it was a great "post".

#289 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Weird. Gary told me Blue Cheer was next.

Guess you'll be stuck with the Summertime Blues now.

#290 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

» YouTube video

Anybuddy that has the resources to buy a pinball machine for their home should not be thinking about suicide just saying.

#291 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

Anybuddy that has the resources to buy a pinball machine for their home should not be thinking about suicide just saying.

ever listened to modern pop music and current Hip Hop? its caused me some to think about some stuff

#292 6 years ago

Said it before, South of Heaven mini sub playfield.

#293 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

Umm.....agreed?
    Unless it's mandatory suicide...

#294 6 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

How ironic. Shortly after reading this and Gryszzz's reply to that post while I was laying on the couch, the next movie started, but I was only half way paying attention to it. All of a sudden I heard that exact movie line on the tv. Roadhouse movie is actually on right now.

My favorite part is coming up soon near the end with Tinker and the polar bear.
    Several good one-liners in that movie.

#295 6 years ago

Apparently from looking at the poll results at this time, the Absolutely Yes's and the Maybe's must be just plain nuts, and the Absolutely No's definitely have a hard-on that they are not gonna buy a Slayer pin.

#296 6 years ago

Pinballpal were you not able to crack a smile today?

#297 6 years ago

Well, we are over one hundred people who would buy the game if it's cool. 172 say no way, but look what happened with Metallica and now Aerosmith.....you never know.

#298 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballpal:

All my resources went to Suicidal Tendencies. Trying to get them to play my backyard.

#299 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

ever listened to modern pop music and current Hip Hop? its caused me some to think about some stuff

I love current hip hop. Nothing wrong with listening to Slayer and Gucci Mane back to back in my book!

#300 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

All my resources went to Suicidal Tendencies. Trying to get them to play my backyard.

I'll translate this one:
    Massive pinball party and concert at gryszzz's place July 4th weekend! GryszzzFest SummerSlam 2017!!

Be prepared though, Gryszzz's youngest one can scream louder than his AC/DC Premium set at full volume.

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/6?hl=sshughes75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.