Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 6 years ago

If you are are a fan great, hope it happens, but if we get a Slayer machine before a RUSH machine I am going to puke.

#152 6 years ago

I could see Spooky doing Slayer. Rush might be an actual possibility sometime down the line with Stern.
    I really wanna see what JJP would do with a killer music license.

#153 6 years ago

Was thinking of doing rush next

#154 6 years ago

But I'd buy a slayer

#155 6 years ago

It took me forever to find the guy in that model and sketch:

17662937_1664752087160927_1085228787047596032_n (resized).jpg17662937_1664752087160927_1085228787047596032_n (resized).jpg

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'd be in for Slayer but I think I would be one of a few.sounds like a stupid business decision to me.

Felt the same about Aerosmith, but I actually like Slayer.

#157 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

But your ok with acdc and ringing hells bells,Kiss where Gene Simmons is a demon and the zombies in twd are definitely not part of the christian theology?

I don't consider AC/DC, Metallica, Kiss, etc as openly satanic bands. I'll never own one of those pins - but not because of personal reservations, I just don't enjoy pins based on bands.

Quoted from Anth:

Seems like a slippery slope you've put yourself on. Why not skip the pin and hope they make something that doesn't offend you next time? It just seems impossible (and a bit childish) to boycott every company that does one offensive thing in your lifetime.

I never said I was offended - nothing offends me in fact - it's a free country and I think people should have the freedom to act, speak and live as they choose within the law. I just choose not to support companies that promote/support openly satanic bands.

#158 6 years ago

Even acknowledging Satan means they've bought into the fairy tale

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I don't consider AC/DC, Metallica, Kiss, etc as openly satanic bands. I'll never own one of those pins - but not because of personal reservations, I just don't enjoy pins based on bands.

I never said I was offended - nothing offends me in fact - it's a free country and I think people should have the freedom to act, speak and live as they choose within the law. I just choose not to support companies that promote/support openly satanic bands.

Just got off the phone from Stern and you'll be relieved to know that Slayer is not the next pin.

It's G.G. Allin.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I don't consider ... Kiss .....as openly satanic bands.

Kids
    In
    Satan's
    Service

Open your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#161 6 years ago

re: satanism: I think it'd be really cool to have a Dante pin, with an ornate backglass, medieval folk rock music, and satirical modes based around the deadly sins as you work your way down the rings of Hell.

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It would let Stern break away from the pussyfication of it's music pins.
    Slayer is well loved by everyone under 50, but just hardcore enough to not be played on Clearchannel radio stations.

I'm under 50 and I hate Slayer. Not because of any demonic stuff, but rather because I find their music to be crappy and it gives me a headache to listen to. I hate this theme so much I'd rather buy a pin with a theme based upon Damonator's religious beliefs. And I'm an atheist.

#163 6 years ago

Anybody else notice the striking similarity?

TomHenderson (resized).jpgTomHenderson (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

I'm under 50 and I hate Slayer.

No one cares if you love or hate Slayer.

-

You can always find some oddball soul who hates Hendrix, Bach, DiMeola, Miles, or any other artist who is considered to be the master of their musical genre.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just got off the phone from Stern and you'll be relieved to know that Slayer is not the next pin.
    It's G.G. Allin.

LOL

#166 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1496941498326 (resizedBack at this.. trying to 'reign' it in... @sternpinball  @nuclearblastusa #wip #SDCC2017.jpgFB_IMG_1496941498326 (resizedBack at this.. trying to 'reign' it in... @sternpinball @nuclearblastusa #wip #SDCC2017.jpg

#167 6 years ago

You know why they want you to think masturbation is a sin? B/c Jesus is sick of seeing all of you do it

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

It took me forever to find the guy in that model and sketch:

INteresting. That's not a Slayer-specific image then. huh. The NB 'radiation' logo is on the gas mask...

#169 6 years ago

Multiball when you

Quoted from PismoArcade:Just got off the phone from Stern and you'll be relieved to know that Slayer is not the next pin.
    It's G.G. Allin.

Multiball when you spell M-U-R-D-E-R J-U-N-K-I-E-S

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Kids
    In
    Satan's
    Service
    Open your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I had heard growing up it was Knights In Satan's Service, but it was just a dumb rumor. Gene has debunked it many times over (he actually majored in Theology for a time in college).

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

You know why they want you to think masturbation is a sin? B/c Jesus is sick of seeing all of you do it

Or - he loves it and is embarrassed to admit it.

#172 6 years ago

Hey guys not cool making fun of jews.

Oh wait Christians, yeah that's cool.

#173 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I had heard growing up it was Knights In Satan's Service

There are maybe 4 Jews ever knighted in history.

Gene Simmons is not one of them.

#174 6 years ago

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this, but, being a christian this would not only be a pass for me, it would be a pass on all future Sterns indefinitely.

It's only fair as Baptists already got their pin = Wheel of Fortune.

So I guess Satanists are getting a Slayer pin in fairness.

#175 6 years ago

REIGN!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#176 6 years ago

Man, they are really screwing with us..... Here's what we know....Neal_W cracked a code and found out this devil dude is a Nuclear Blast logo/mascot. Zombie Yeti continues his tease with more pics of the devil dude drawing and hashtags. Stern is in there, nuclear blast is there, and teases of slayer references.

OK, so I'm thinking it's all teases to cover for Iron Maiden, but clearly there is some sort of project going on with Nuclear Blast, I was thinking a comic book series for comic con, which slayer did last year, but what's with the devil sculpt? Slayer references and the stern pinball hashtags? Come on....crack the code.

#177 6 years ago
    Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

but what's with the devil sculpt?

Stern is owned by Gary that is a Satanist...Do you not even read your own threads?!?

#178 6 years ago

PS....this is all done deliberately to F with Gryszzz.

#179 6 years ago

You sumbitch. I just sent Trent a $9,000 check. Hopefully he won't spot that decimal point in front of the $.9000.

#180 6 years ago

Come on....crack the code.

The code is red...long live the code

#181 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1496958432632 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1496958432632 (resized).jpg

#182 6 years ago

Another piece of the puzzle......where's this from?

#183 6 years ago

ZY's facebook account.

#184 6 years ago

Zombie yeti​ Facebook

#185 6 years ago

That shit is from sorcerer

#186 6 years ago

113840284_Herbert_L_340401b-768x512 (resized).jpg113840284_Herbert_L_340401b-768x512 (resized).jpg

#187 6 years ago

Man, they are really screwing with us..... Here's what we know....Neal_W cracked a code and found out this devil dude is a Nuclear Blast logo/mascot. Zombie Yeti continues his tease with more pics of the devil dude drawing and hashtags. Stern is in there, nuclear blast is there, and teases of slayer references.
    OK, so I'm thinking it's all teases to cover for Iron Maiden, but clearly there is some sort of project going on with Nuclear Blast, I was thinking a comic book series for comic con, which slayer did last year, but what's with the devil sculpt? Slayer references and the stern pinball hashtags? Come on....crack the code.

It's a shirt design for nuclear blast and stern at sdcc.

#188 6 years ago

The San Diego Necrocomicon?
    The comic not to be fucked with, the comic not to be read?

#189 6 years ago

What I find kinda weird is that Yeti (who's probably checking out this thread right now having a blast) is still working on the artwork. That would suggest a machine would not be that close around the corner... seems unlike Stern to leak stuff that far in advance.
    Also, since Slayer is so much less mainstream than any other band they've ever done, I'm still not convinced there's an actual Stern Slayer machine coming.
    Maybe something more in the line of the PBR machine (which had music by Red Fang, even way less mainstream than Slayer is)?
    Maybe a limited retheme for Nuclear Blast they'd have set up in the lobby on NB band tours and for sale through their website or something. That would make more sense to me than an actual Stern product.

#191 6 years ago

Goddamn this Greenhorn guy just goes on AND ON. Take a breath buddy.

#192 6 years ago

Pinsider Canea from Middle o Nowhere Wyoming turned me on to Teenage Bottlerocket a couple years ago. Pop punk not really my thing, but this whole album is not only really good, but really funny too. NOFX Jr. So thanks again Canea...yer my boy Blue!
    This song is freaking hilarious...

#193 6 years ago

A Nuclear Blast "Monsters of Metal" pin would make more sense than a Slayer-specific pin. They could have a much better and more varied roster of songs (on the cheap) with common metal tropes in the art. Roadshow for metal would be pretty cool where you're a groupie going from concert to concert to get to the ultimate metal concert.

#194 6 years ago

Should be noted that Teenage Bottlerocket is also from WY, and he knows the drummer. He sent it to me with Vader's 'de Profundis', an album I had been hunting for years for. Kick ass dude Canea is.

#195 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

A Nuclear Blast "Monsters of Metal" pin would make more sense than a Slayer-specific pin. They could have a much better and more varied roster of songs (on the cheap) with common metal tropes in the art. Roadshow for metal would be pretty cool where you're a groupie going from concert to concert to get to the ultimate metal concert.

God I don't even like metal but I'd play the hell out of that

edit: could be a literal monsters of metal pin and you start out as a groupie and work your way up, finally transforming into a monster yourself and doing a sick guitar solo during the all-out wizard mode

#196 6 years ago

Oh man I hope this happens.

unnamed-1 (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpg

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, since somebody posted a pic of that demon which seems to be their mascot that would make sense. I still think it's some deal in the same vein as the PBR one, although I can see promoting hipster beer with pinball but I'm not sure I see what kind of deal a heavy metal record company would do.
    I could be wrong, maybe it's a regular license but seems so far from the normal Stern high profile licenses.

#198 6 years ago

If Slayer ships, I'm in!

#199 6 years ago

Ye olden times...soon to be a Disney ride.

#200 6 years ago

Ssssssssssssslllllllllllaaaaaaayyyyyyyeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr!

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.