Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 518 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you buy a Slayer pinball”

• Absolutely Yes 69 votes
      16%
    • Absolutely No 281 votes
      65%
    • Maybe if it is really cool 82 votes
      19%

(432 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180328_210410 (resized).jpg
    SternPinballFactoryTour-SR (resized).jpg
    Slayer (resized).JPG
    541815754 (resized).jpg
    jimmyfalllon (resized).jpg
    trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    heightstick-trollercoaster (resized).jpg
    10649441_1470389333271613_3219435722444847764_n (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-104056 (resized).png
    c346e395e7cba64a08c9d32545674461 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3789 (resized).PNG
    img615-15-34-31-2 (resized).jpg
    CIEapDW (resized).jpg
    IMG_3905 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3771 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3773 (resized).PNG
    There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
    #101 6 years ago

Best part of the Stern "party" last year was the bus ride there. Sat next to Charlie and the NE crew and DD. Some of the funniest dudes you'd ever meet. Literally had me rolling in the aisle.
    Charlie's ​havin a cold one and laughin all day on this thread... you ole shit stirrer you! Ha!

#102 6 years ago

Also...
    FUCKIN SLAAAAYYYEERRR!!!!!!

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

The satanism part would be cool, but given the political climate I think a pin based off of a band that uses Nazi imagery for fun would be skirting the borders of taste.

Oh great, the 30 year old, "Slayer Eagle is a Nazi symbol" argument.

Tom Araya was born in Chile, Dave Lombardo was born in Cuba. They are both Latino men, are you seriously suggesting they are promoting Nazi culture and beliefs?

I wear a Slayer shirt with that eagle on it and I'm in no way promoting anything but a band I like to listen to.

#104 6 years ago

Probably just making "party" small talk, but Jared did ask me a couple times what I thought of a Slayer pin. I kept telling him BangerJay already made one...gimme Maiden with Riggs.

#105 6 years ago

6e554e9926377e7fa124abf81da72f08dbc41cac (resized).png6e554e9926377e7fa124abf81da72f08dbc41cac (resized).png

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I just won't support a company that licenses a band that seem pro-satanic/anti-God by reading their lyrics.

Put me in for 1 Slayer LE.

#107 6 years ago

That actually does scream Gwar. Hmm.
    Charlie is this kid on yer payroll?

#108 6 years ago

Pretty sure Maiden isn't until 2018, so he *could* be working on it right now. But that doesn't look like Maiden. Hmm.
    ZY curve ball I'm guessin.

#109 6 years ago

I'd be in for Slayer but I think I would be one of a few.sounds like a stupid business decision to me.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Probably just making "party" small talk, but Jared did ask me a couple times what I thought of a Slayer pin. I kept telling him BangerJay already made one...gimme Maiden with Riggs.

Controllable pop bumpers for flippers . This is the only pic I could find . Anyone got a picture of the rules for bangerjay's slayer game ?

0efa103249412a931756d619d352aaf8875994b6 (resized).jpg0efa103249412a931756d619d352aaf8875994b6 (resized).jpg

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

This is the only pic I could find . Anyone got a picture of the rules for bangerjay's slayer game ?

Looks like he used an old '73 Gottlieb Hot Shot / Big Shot playfield. If he made use of parts/rules from one of those machines, then normally you are trying to get down as many of the 14 drop targets as you can which advances bonus, and trying to get ball through upper center roll-over or in center kick-out hole. The side rollovers adv bonus when lit (alternating) I believe. Bonus value 3000 is on last ball. Alternating special is lit when all targets dropped including center target iirc.

#112 6 years ago

But I need this on my backglass

IMG_7994 (resized).JPGIMG_7994 (resized).JPG

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Anyone got a picture of the rules for bangerjay's slayer game ?

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from jeffpm:

Gwar's drummer lives a few houses down from me. Should I tell him to get on it?

Does he cut his grass in costume? That would be a great photo op.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Does he cut his grass in costume? That would be a great photo op.

Would be great album cover too.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

WE NEED a GWAR pin!

You could have a bone saw topper that sprays fake blood on you during multiball

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Oh great, the 30 year old, "Slayer Eagle is a Nazi symbol" argument.
    Tom Araya was born in Chile, Dave Lombardo was born in Cuba. They are both Latino men, are you seriously suggesting they are promoting Nazi culture and beliefs?
    I wear a Slayer shirt with that eagle on it and I'm in no way promoting anything but a band I like to listen to.

I'm saying that mostly due to the current rise of neo-fascists.

#118 6 years ago

Alternate translight

LRHBirthday2007-e1454123734342 (resized).jpgLRHBirthday2007-e1454123734342 (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago

I'm pretty sick of band themed releases, and I wouldn't consider buying a Slayer pin. Frankly, I don't think they have a large enough fan base to sell well... but a Slayer pin is 1000x more interesting than Rush.

#120 6 years ago

I can understand that. But legendary bands seem to make for legendary pins.
    At this point that's pretty much a fact rather than an opinion.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

But I need this on my backglass

Wouldn't power slave and seventh son editions be sweet though? I'd love a power slave edition with all that intricate artwork from the albumn cover.

#122 6 years ago

Piece of Mind Premium

#123 6 years ago

Maybe that's what Gary is warming us up for. LE with translites for all albums. I could dig that. Still rather have glass.

#125 6 years ago

Motörhead, Pantera, Crue, Queen, Led Zep

#126 6 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Don't loose hope, maybe they will make a Barry Manilow pin next.

Tiny Tim or Richard Marx should also be considered.

#127 6 years ago

I'd put some money in a Neil Diamond pin.

#128 6 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Anyone got a picture of the rules for bangerjay's slayer game ?

@trilogybeer... here you go..

20160402_175839 (resized).jpg20160402_175839 (resized).jpg

#129 6 years ago

Nuclear Blast has some great bands on the label besides Slayer.... Testament, Opeth, Nightwish, Exodus, Death Angel, etc and so forth. If any label is up to a multi-band theme, it is them.

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

trilogybeer... here you go..

Haha are there no flippers at the bottom?

#131 6 years ago

I've never seent that tattoo on Kerry's left arm. That's pretty badass.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

Haha are there no flippers at the bottom?

Pop bumpers that are contolled with the flipper buttons instead of flippers .

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Believing that there is a God does not make one a Christian. Being raised going to church does not make one a Christian. I haven't read anywhere that Stephen King is a Christian.

OK - ridiculous to you, but I just won't support a company that licenses a band that seem pro-satanic/anti-God by reading their lyrics. As for Fox/Lucifer, I've never watched it.

Seems like a slippery slope you've put yourself on. Why not skip the pin and hope they make something that doesn't offend you next time? It just seems impossible (and a bit childish) to boycott every company that does one offensive thing in your lifetime.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

trilogybeer... here you go..

Thanks those are the rules I was looking for .

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Looks like he used an old '73 Gottlieb Hot Shot / Big Shot playfield. If he made use of parts/rules from one of those machines, then normally you are trying to get down as many of the 14 drop targets as you can which advances bonus, and trying to get ball through upper center roll-over or in center kick-out hole. The side rollovers adv bonus when lit (alternating) I believe. Bonus value 3000 is on last ball. Alternating special is lit when all targets dropped including center target iirc.

Yep a Big Shot was sacrificed to make this game ,way harder with bumpers for flippers though .

#135 6 years ago

Nuclear Blast is the company Stern shares a booth with at Comic Con.

That's all this is.

There's no Slayer pin.

#136 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this, but, being a christian this would not only be a pass for me, it would be a pass on all future Sterns indefinitely.

Wow, maybe you could take up collecting purses instead of pins then?

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'm sure I'll catch heat for this, but, being a christian this would not only be a pass for me, it would be a pass on all future Sterns indefinitely.

But your ok with acdc and ringing hells bells,Kiss where Gene Simmons is a demon and the zombies in twd are definitely not part of the christian theology?

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from ZEN:

... here you go..

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Thanks those are the rules I was looking for

Oh, those rules. Ha. I was waaayyy off.

#139 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

OK - ridiculous to you, but I just won't support a company that licenses a band that seem pro-satanic/anti-God by reading their lyrics. As for Fox/Lucifer, I've never watched it.

Well, I am pro-satanic/anti-god, and I will support Stern just to cancel you out.
    Just kidding, I'm indifferent.

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from Kratogen:

While I like Slayer, the music does not lend itself to pinball play in my opinion. I would LOVE to see a KMFDM pin, with art by BRUTE! Imagine the potential with the art and rhythmic, pounding music.

I'd definitely get this but you are talking an even smaller demographic. And Slayer lends itself great to speed and multiball

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

But your ok with acdc and ringing hells bells,Kiss where Gene Simmons is a demon and the zombies in twd are definitely not part of the christian theology?

Zombies are the basis of Christian theology

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

Don't forget Metallica. They have some very anti-god/christian songs. "Leper Messiah" and "The God That Failed" are two examples.

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryandimx:

Zombies are the basis of Christian theology

Only 1 zombie though

#144 6 years ago

Ok, I just listened to Slayer for the first time. Stern will not be doing a Slayer pin. The market just isn't big enough to support a pinball machine. It would be a waste of their resource. He few people who want one would be better off getting together and commissioning a custom game.

#145 6 years ago
    Quoted from AntennaMan:

Motörhead, Pantera, Crue, Queen, Led Zep

Unfortunately , Gary told me some weeks ago that they discussed a Motörhead Pinball, but they decided that this would not be a huge seller, so it was dropped.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I'll gladly take that Theatre of Magic from your hands once you've realised that Bally also made this.satanic imagery, anyone?satanic imagery, anyone?
    Switching to another manufacturer then?
    ah, darnah, darn
    Good luck, my friend.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I can't believe everyone is missing the ultimate irony of this...the fact that he has Jack Skellington, a demon king from a nightmare world, as his avatar. LOL

#148 6 years ago

A great prophet once said..

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I can't believe everyone is missing the ultimate irony of this...the fact that he has Jack Skellington, a demon king from a nightmare world, as his avatar. LOL

How could one not?
    I'm not gonna jump on him for his beliefs though because he hasn't been preaching to any of us, nor telling us what to do/believe. That is the key. Seems like an alright guy to me. Live and let live.
    And then DIE BY THE SWORD.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

How could one not?
    I'm not gonna jump on him for his beliefs though because he hasn't been preaching to any of us, nor telling us what to do/believe. That is the key. Seems like an alright guy to me. Live and let live.
    And then DIE BY THE SWORD.

You're right Gryszzz, we don't want to come off like CAPTOR OF SIN. it's not like we're trying to Create a WAR ENSEMBLE.

There are 518 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-slayer-pinball/page/3?hl=antennaman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.